Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

I picked up the newest "Amazing X-Men" today. It was cool seeing Firestar in action over there. Since Yost writes both that book and our beloved New Warriors, has he mentioned anything about Firestar potentially stopping by the Warriors new Crashpad (Mt. Wundagore) to say hello to her old fling Justice, and the rest of the gang? I would love it if she returned to the fold, so to speak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tpasmall View Post
    Hopefully they start to use Nova more, as I think his popularity would help sell more books (though after Sun Girl, he is my second least favorite on the team).
    Why the downthumb on Sungirl? She's the break-out star of this book. She's Firestar minus the tendency she had when she was a Warrior/Avenger to devolve into "arm candy" for Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    I picked up the newest "Amazing X-Men" today. It was cool seeing Firestar in action over there. Since Yost writes both that book and our beloved New Warriors, has he mentioned anything about Firestar potentially stopping by the Warriors new Crashpad (Mt. Wundagore) to say hello to her old fling Justice, and the rest of the gang? I would love it if she returned to the fold, so to speak.
    Her and Vance weren't on very good terms last I heard...he cheated on her and they broke up.

Why the downthumb on Sungirl? She's the break-out star of this book. She's Firestar minus the tendency she had when she was a Warrior/Avenger to devolve into "arm candy" for Justice.
    Sungirl reminds me of Turbo.. only with an infinitely cooler suit!!

Her and Vance weren't on very good terms last I heard...he cheated on her and they broke up.
    Justice cheated on her!? That doesn't sound like Vance "The white knight" Astrovik. Was it with Ultra Girl?

It's a long time in between New Warriors issues. Filled the gap by drawing a Speedball sketch today!

Speedball2.jpg

BANNED

Justice cheated on her!? That doesn't sound like Vance "The white knight" Astrovik. Was it with Ultra Girl?
    Ok, VERY "nutshell" version:

Back when Vance and Angelica were both still Avengers, they had a fight because Vance was really getting into the whole idea of being married, but Angelica wanted a longer engagement. Eventually, Vance broke off the engagement, but they were still bf/gf.

During the events of Civil War, Angelica grew disillusioned with superhero-ing, and quit wearing the spandex to concentrate on her college studies (and later health issues). Vance wound up joining the 50 State Initiative.

At Camp Hammond, Vance did in fact start an affair with Suzie (Ultra Girl). Long story short there: Angelica caught them. Cue fight and full breakup. Eventually, the two reconciled to a degree where they could be friends, but they never got back together.

Nowdays, Angelica is an X-Man, and Vance and Robbie are doing the "independent hero" gig as shown in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post

Back when Vance and Angelica were both still Avengers, they had a fight because Vance was really getting into the whole idea of being married, but Angelica wanted a longer engagement. Eventually, Vance broke off the engagement, but they were still bf/gf.

During the events of Civil War, Angelica grew disillusioned with superhero-ing, and quit wearing the spandex to concentrate on her college studies (and later health issues). Vance wound up joining the 50 State Initiative.

At Camp Hammond, Vance did in fact start an affair with Suzie (Ultra Girl). Long story short there: Angelica caught them. Cue fight and full breakup. Eventually, the two reconciled to a degree where they could be friends, but they never got back together.

Nowdays, Angelica is an X-Man, and Vance and Robbie are doing the "independent hero" gig as shown in the book.
    Ah, the "Rachel and Ross we were on a break" conundrum.

Peace

I didn't read the end of that story as them still being in a romantic relationship. It was very clear that they had different immediate futures in mind, and therefore parted ways.

Firestar didn't get upset with Justice over Ultra Girl because she and Vance "were on a break" but rather that Vance had slept with Ultra Girl, when he'd made it clear to Firestar that he was waiting for marriage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I didn't read the end of that story as them still being in a romantic relationship. It was very clear that they had different immediate futures in mind, and therefore parted ways.
    That may be. I'm missing those exact issues from my collection and was going off memory.

Firestar didn't get upset with Justice over Ultra Girl because she and Vance "were on a break" but rather that Vance had slept with Ultra Girl, when he'd made it clear to Firestar that he was waiting for marriage.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously it hurt her badly enough that one could suspect she still had feelings for him.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously it hurt her badly enough that one could suspect she still had feelings for him.
    Oh, she absolutely still did. The I Am An Avenger arc showed that they both still have feelings for each other.

Finally, Chris: you've got Firestar in one book. You've got the rest of the New Warriors in another. Any chance we can have a crossover?

Yost: That would be great, wouldn't it?

Kyle: [Laughs]
    This just in from CBR's X-Men interview with Chris Yost. Looks like we might see some Firestar in New Warriors after all!! If so... I would love it!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

Is Justice still in a relationship with Ultra Girl? He hasn't mentioned anything about Suzi since he talked to Veil about it in Avengers Academy so I'm thinking they might have ended the relationship....Granted he hasn't had a ton of appearances to mention it since then but I'm still curious.

Who wins?

Hal Jordan (Ion) or Richard Rider (Nova Prime with full World Mind)?

Who wins?

Hal Jordan (Ion) or Richard Rider (Nova Prime with full World Mind)?
    This was the most in-depth review of that I could find or Nova vs Ion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    This was the most in-depth review of that I could find or Nova vs Ion
    Ah, the eternal question finally answered!

That was pretty cool! Very in depth. Thanks for posting that!