Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1390

I don't like Watersnake. She makes Nita redundant.

In fact, wasn't she supposed to be looking for Nita?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In fact, wasn't she supposed to be looking for Nita?
    Actually the point of her character, and according to Chris Yost himself, the plan was for Water Snake to basically sacrifice her body for Namorita's rebirth, having Nita's memories and personality imprinted onto her body, which was one of a dozen clones of Namorita created by the Atlanteans in the wake of Namorita's death. I extrapolated from there that the plot would have resulted in conflict between the surviving original New Warriors (Justice, Speedball, and Silhouette) and the newer members over whether or not to allow this to happen. Justice and Speedball (and Silhouette) would want Namorita back, but would they want her back so badly they'd sacrifice another's life to do so? Kaine, being a clone himself, would likely see this as another example of clones being abused and treated as disposable by their creators and others and oppose any attempt at using Water Snake as a sacrifice for Nita's rebirth, and Aracely would most likely side with him because he's her champion (still waiting for Yost to come back and make something of that, by the way). Water Snake would see it as her duty to give her own life for Namorita, but she might have eventually become conflicted over that as she developed her own sense of self. The others would agonize over which "side" to take, even though asking Water Snake to give up her own existence probably wouldn't sit too well with them. Ah, what wasted potential . . . maybe Peter David will have a "New Warriors Return" arc in Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider, if it lasts long enough for that to happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Originally posted by Huntsman Spider [QUOTEmaybe Peter David will have a "New Warriors Return" arc in Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider, if it lasts long enough for that to happen][/QUOTE]. I remember after the Defenders series ended nobody wanted to do the Defenders (especially the original Defenders) and Peter David reunited the team in a 2 part issue of the Incredible Hulk. He reunited the Slingers in Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider so maybe he will handle the New Warriors next.

Astonishing Member

New Warriors was a great comic book in the 90s,would be way cool if there was a new comic book writen by Fabian Nicieza with that team.
    With the Defenders,Champions,West Coast Avengers,all being super heroes teams that had new comic books recently i am hoping that New Warriors will be getting a new comic book as well.

Ultimate Member

I liked Namorita, back in the day, but I'm over her. Sacrilege, I know.

That said, I also feel like there's room for more than one Atlantean in the universe, and the existence of Water Snake shouldn't make Namorita redundant (particularly since they seem to have very different powers, Nita being a flying tank and Water Snake being more of a water manipulating melee fighter). Technically, the existence of Namor (and Namora) make Namorita 'redundant' (since they *do* have the same powers), but, IMO, there's room for all three of them, and various other Atlanteans, like Andromeda.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

That said, I also feel like there's room for more than one Atlantean in the universe, and the existence of Water Snake shouldn't make Namorita redundant (particularly since they seem to have very different powers, Nita being a flying tank and Water Snake being more of a water manipulating melee fighter). Technically, the existence of Namor (and Namora) make Namorita 'redundant' (since they *do* have the same powers), but, IMO, there's room for all three of them, and various other Atlanteans, like Andromeda.
    I feel the same way about the Spider-Men (and Women and Girls). Characters are a lot more than their basic power-sets and costumes, and oftentimes when you have similar power-sets or origins, the characters' backstories and personalities are what literally make the difference. A good writer can take similar powers or abilities and still distinguish the characters by how they use or approach them, especially if the characters' individual backgrounds somehow factor into the usage of their powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

All things considered, I think now is the best time for a New Warriors return.

When they started, they were founded to fight the battles the Avengers and FF wouldn't.

Champions isn't that. Because they take no risks, and if they ever see an envelope , they don't come close to pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

But there isn't room. Neither are solo characters. Both are now default new warriors. Only a really stupid writer would put them on the same team. So it's one or the other. You misrepresent Kymaera's abilities. She's no more limited than Watersnake.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I feel the same way about the Spider-Men (and Women and Girls). Characters are a lot more than their basic power-sets and costumes, and oftentimes when you have similar power-sets or origins, the characters' backstories and personalities are what literally make the difference. A good writer can take similar powers or abilities and still distinguish the characters by how they use or approach them, especially if the characters' individual backgrounds somehow factor into the usage of their powers.
    The spider-man situation bears no resemblance to this one. Each of the spider-themed characters were given their own environments to play in. and they are more or less solo acts. No one is going out of their way to develop Nita as a solo act. They are even reluctant to do it with Namor. The reason that the new warriors keep failing is the insistence on replacing the original characters. This isn't the X-men where matriculation is expected. The appeal was that they were a group of friends/family hanging out and crime fighting. They were derived from the fantastic four. Nita is an essential part of that family. Watersnake was a vehicle for bringing her back while updating her look. If the goal is to dilute the brand, they should promote Watersnake and continue to create new warriors rosters with random teen characters. But it will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually the point of her character, and according to Chris Yost himself, the plan was for Water Snake to basically sacrifice her body for Namorita's rebirth, having Nita's memories and personality imprinted onto her body, which was one of a dozen clones of Namorita created by the Atlanteans in the wake of Namorita's death. I extrapolated from there that the plot would have resulted in conflict between the surviving original New Warriors (Justice, Speedball, and Silhouette) and the newer members over whether or not to allow this to happen. Justice and Speedball (and Silhouette) would want Namorita back, but would they want her back so badly they'd sacrifice another's life to do so? Kaine, being a clone himself, would likely see this as another example of clones being abused and treated as disposable by their creators and others and oppose any attempt at using Water Snake as a sacrifice for Nita's rebirth, and Aracely would most likely side with him because he's her champion (still waiting for Yost to come back and make something of that, by the way). Water Snake would see it as her duty to give her own life for Namorita, but she might have eventually become conflicted over that as she developed her own sense of self. The others would agonize over which "side" to take, even though asking Water Snake to give up her own existence probably wouldn't sit too well with them. Ah, what wasted potential . . . maybe Peter David will have a "New Warriors Return" arc in Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider, if it lasts long enough for that to happen.
    That would've been stupid, because Namorita is ALREADY back from the dead via time displacement. Rich retrieved her from sometime before the 2005 New Warriors series, in his last solo run before Sam Alexander debuted. She's been in limbo since that Nova run ended though, and I don't think Namor even knows about it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

But there isn't room. Neither are solo characters. Both are now default new warriors. Only a really stupid writer would put them on the same team. So it's one or the other. You misrepresent Kymaera's abilities. She's no more limited than Watersnake.
    I straight up said that, despite some similarities in their powersets (flying tanks), I see plenty of room for Namor, Namora and Namorita, but you are so busy hating on Water Snake that you are misrepresenting what I've said to fit your agenda.

In Memory of the team's first appearance in the pages of THE MIGHTY THOR 411/412
    Which got me thinking...If one of the Warriors had to be termed "The First New Warrior" ala Captain America being "The First Avenger" chronologically, who would get that nod? Richard Rider NOVA? Namorita?

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-27-2018 at 12:18 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would've been stupid, because Namorita is ALREADY back from the dead via time displacement. Rich retrieved her from sometime before the 2005 New Warriors series, in his last solo run before Sam Alexander debuted. She's been in limbo since that Nova run ended though, and I don't think Namor even knows about it.
    I'd rather have REAL Nita back than a stupid time displaced one.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In Memory of the team's first appearance in the pages of THE MIGHTY THOR 411/412
    Which got me thinking...If one of the Warriors had to be termed "The First New Warrior" ala Captain America being "The First Avenger" chronologically, who would get that nod? Richard Rider NOVA? Namorita?

[IMG]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11/117763/3063708-198912+thor+v1+%23412+-+page+1.jpIMG]
    Dwayne recruited them.