Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1390

Like Titans from DC Rebirth?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not a DC reader. But I like the idea of a more classic lineup; even if their mission changes. If forced to choose a new direction, I would have them loosely collaborate with Bucky; to protect areas of the US vulnerable to extraterrestrial attack (along with their usual crimefighting). They could fill the void left by the thunderbolts. This could also lead into Vance getting out into space. It would make sense for ultragirl to show as well; being of alien origin. The Myriad is still out there.

Astonishing Member

Dunno.I am not reading Titans from DC rebirth.But i would prefer that if New Warriors got a new comic book to the team have more of the original members and other members of the first volume that a roster similiar to Yost New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm not a DC reader. But I like the idea of a more classic lineup; even if their mission changes. If forced to choose a new direction, I would have them loosely collaborate with Bucky; to protect areas of the US vulnerable to extraterrestrial attack (along with their usual crimefighting). They could fill the void left by the thunderbolts. This could also lead into Vance getting out into space. It would make sense for ultragirl to show as well; being of alien origin. The Myriad is still out there.
    I would prefer a New Warriors team with even more characters of the classic line up for sure.As Nova,Namorita,Justice,Night Trasher,Speedball and Firestar

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This brought a smile to my face

Regardless of whether you want the show or not, I like the enthusiasm and ambition.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'd rather put up with Roseane's racism.

I'm not a DC reader. But I like the idea of a more classic lineup; even if their mission changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Dunno.I am not reading Titans from DC rebirth.But i would prefer that if New Warriors got a new comic book to the team have more of the original members and other members of the first volume that a roster similiar to Yost New Warriors.
    That Titans book I was referring to features Nightwing, Wally West Flash, Donna Troy, Arsenal, and Tempest. Those characters used to be Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, and Aqualad - the original Teen Titans.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Forbes has suggested that New Warriors could replace Roseanne, which was suddenly cancelled this week.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/merrill.../#2fc9047d5850
    Cast members are tweeting about it.
    https://www.cbr.com/new-warriors-replace-roseanne-abc/

That Titans book I was referring to features Nightwing, Wally West Flash, Donna Troy, Arsenal, and Tempest. Those characters used to be Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, and Aqualad - the original Teen Titans.
    While I am enjoying the current Teen Titans run (I know there are many fans who aren't), I do feel that the reunion of the original cast, and of the 80's Wolfman and Perez cast, has been done to death. While I don't think that is the case of the New Warriors, I do prefer a more mixed membership in their case also. True, Yost's NW was basically Justice and Speedbal with a slew of new members (Nova and Scarlet Spider were not the Nova and Scarlet Spider who had been members, Nita was not Nita, etc...), but perhaps a more balanced mix of old and new would work better for the team.

Peace

In that case, I hope that Dwayne finds somewhere to land. I don't know that being part of a new warriors team mainly comprised of newcomers would be to his benefit. I liked his brief teamups with other street levelers i.e. Falcon, misty knight, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This brought a smile to my face

Regardless of whether you want the show or not, I like the enthusiasm and ambition.
    I don't dismiss the idea of recasting the Warriors concept with Squirrel Girl in a prominent position. SG has got an undeniable cult following and the humor angle worked for Guardians of the Galaxy. And I like the look of the cast to boot...

I don't care about her cult following. And I don't think the new warriors should have to change to accommodate her.

Astonishing Member

Did not knew that.
    Thanks for the info.
    Either way i think that New Warriors can be writen (even with the original team) as something that is not a copy of Titans by DC.

if titans is financially successful, I see no reason to not imitate it. seems smarter than going back to the failed reality tv show approach.

Astonishing Member

if titans is financially successful, I see no reason to not imitate it. seems smarter than going back to the failed reality tv show approach.
    Agreed,about the reality Tv Show aproach.
    I would not want to read a new volume of New Warriors with it being a similiar to New Warriors of the Civil War era.
    But Titans seem a quite diferent team that New Warriors despite the similarities of both these teams featuring teenager super heroes.
    And considerating that Teen Titans is a much older comic book that New Warriors i donīt think that a version of older New Warriors as in Titans would work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Agreed,about the reality Tv Show aproach.
    I would not want to read a new volume of New Warriors with it being a similiar to New Warriors of the Civil War era.
    But Titans seem a quite diferent team that New Warriors despite the similarities of both these teams featuring teenager super heroes.
    And considerating that Teen Titans is a much older comic book that New Warriors i donīt think that a version of older New Warriors as in Titans would work so well.
    :shrugs: I have no idea what the Titans are like. I'm sure that the New Warriors were modeled on a DC team at some point, though. as long as I feels like a New Warriors book, i'll read it.