Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I am not sure that you even understand what solar winds are...

But are you saying that Storm let Jean sacrifice herself to save them all because she was too lazy to do something herself? Not very nice of her...
    I'm pretty sure Yoga was joking.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Once again, Storm has indomitable will.

So are her fans.
    I guess it failed during those last seconds when Thor gotten taken and not her, huh.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I guess it failed during those last seconds when Thor gotten taken and not her, huh.
    Or when valkirye hit her with a hammer, or when the shadow king possesed her...

"indomitable will" is just a nice way of saying stubborn, singled minded, inflexible

BANNED

"indomitable will" is just a nice way of saying stubborn, singled minded, inflexible
    Not when someone like Malice is trying to make you make a fool of yourself. As Dazzler gleefully submitted to.

Sounds like my experience during sex night.... Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I am not sure that you even understand what solar winds are...

But are you saying that Storm let Jean sacrifice herself to save them all because she was too lazy to do something herself? Not very nice of her...
    First of all, I was mostly joking.

Second of all, solar winds are streams of charged particles and various radiations from the sun. They are an aspect of the solar atmosphere that extends all the way to the heliopause in far reaches of our solar system. A solar flare is simply a more dense collection of those same charged particles and radiations. So the difference is simply of magnitude or density. Storm is mistress of the cosmic storm as well.

I am saying that Storm was written down in that instance so that the story could focus on Jean. Which is what rutog has been so adamant in decrying in this thread. It is such a huge plot hole that some reproductions of the comics in question will change the text so that Storm instead just uses lightning against the Sentinel in space, instead of the solar winds. (TAS smartly avoided the situation by not having Storm go on the space mission at all.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's funny with the actress' delivery and it's downright stupid. It makes her sound like a mage which she is not. She is a mutant. Talking to her plants is okay.
    They really played up the weather witch aspect. Iona's voice suited it much better, she has a grace and subtlety that made it work. I was heartbroken when they brought in Alison. Her delivery made it really over the top(though in time I came to accept it).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Second of all, solar winds are streams of charged particles and various radiations from the sun. They are an aspect of the solar atmosphere that extends all the way to the heliopause in far reaches of our solar system. A solar flare is simply a more dense collection of those same charged particles and radiations. So the difference is simply of magnitude or density. Storm is mistress of the cosmic storm as well.

I am saying that Storm was written down in that instance so that the story could focus on Jean. Which is what rutog has been so adamant in decrying in this thread. It is such a huge plot hole that some reproductions of the comics in question will change the text so that Storm instead just uses lightning against the Sentinel in space, instead of the solar winds. (TAS smartly avoided the situation by not having Storm go on the space mission at all.)
    Serious question because I'm not about starting up the Storm vs. argument again. I'm cool with the idea of Storm handling the solar radiation but who was going to fly the shuttle? I think that was the main issue. Jean knew she could probably keep the solar radiation at bay long enough for her to fly the X-Men and astronaut crew to safety. She had no flight training but her telepathy was able to take care of that. But for Storm, I don't know if she had flight training in those days. While Storm could have survived the flare, Corbeau wouldn't have made it and they needed someone who could do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Serious question because I'm not about starting up the Storm vs. argument again. I'm cool with the idea of Storm handling the solar radiation but who was going to fly the shuttle? I think that was the main issue. Jean knew she could probably keep the solar radiation at bay long enough for her to fly the X-Men and astronaut crew to safety. She had no flight training but her telepathy was able to take care of that. But for Storm, I don't know if she had flight training in those days. While Storm could have survived the flare, Corbeau wouldn't have made it and they needed someone who could do both.
    Well, for one, Storm could have shielded the shuttle from the radiation and Dr. Corbeau could have piloted the shuttle. Alternatively Jean could have gotten the flight training and given it to Storm telepathically. Or Storm and Jean could have worked together with her piloting and Ororo shielding. Also, it would have been possible for Storm to just use her control of the atmosphere to land the shuttle without any extra special knowledge, from the safety of the protected pod(and not even have to deal with the solar flare). Airplanes and space shuttles work because of things like low pressure, lift, thrust, aerodynamics, etc, all things Storm has mastered as a someone who has been able to fly since she was 11 years old.

BANNED

She's still alive.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope All-New Marvel nerfs Storm....
    Oh the potential paragraphs...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well, for one, Storm could have shielded the shuttle from the radiation and Dr. Corbeau could have piloted the shuttle. Alternatively Jean could have gotten the flight training and given it to Storm telepathically. Or Storm and Jean could have worked together with her piloting and Ororo shielding. Also, it would have been possible for Storm to just use her control of the atmosphere to land the shuttle without any extra special knowledge, from the safety of the protected pod(and not even have to deal with the solar flare). Airplanes and space shuttles work because of things like low pressure, lift, thrust, aerodynamics, etc, all things Storm has mastered as a someone who has been able to fly since she was 11 years old.
    You make some very interesting points that I never thought about. Watching tas I always wondered why storm was left behind. I always thought it was because her powers wouldn't b useful in space. That was when I was younger and incorrectly thought she only controlled the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You make some very interesting points that I never thought about. Watching tas I always wondered why storm was left behind. I always thought it was because her powers wouldn't b useful in space. That was when I was younger and incorrectly thought she only controlled the weather.
    Thank you. A lot of people underestimate Storm, the weather, and what that all really means. To many, it is just a matter of being rainy or sunny, cool or warm. I have learned so much about physics and meteorology over the years because of my love for Storm. Her power really is fantastic!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

And far more underestimate Telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Oh the potential paragraphs...
    Teenage Jean is on the team.

Everyone is getting nerfed for her.