Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Can we all at least agree the lineup so far is really great? This is honestly the book I'm excited for the most.
    I'm not so hot about Storm and Iceman being on the same team together. Storm's powerset overlaps his big time making Iceman's powerset redundant. Being the Storm fan that I am, I hate that. It usually equates to Storm's powers being reduced to only firing lightning bolts with the other aspects of her powers being ignored to make Bobby's powers relevant to the team. I hate to see Storm's powers weakened to prop up other characters. I say keep Storm and dump Iceman since Storm's powerset is leaps and bounds ahead of his in what she can do.

Ororo, Kurt, Old Man Logan and Colossus are golden, though. My favorite X-Men lineup of all time was Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Shadowcat. Add Bishop and Gambit to that mix and you'd have the perfect X-Men team in my book. If you want, you can swap Sage for Shadowcat as I like them both equally.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-16-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Eh!? you didn't even say all that.

It's redundant like you said.
    -sigh- I answered to someone that said that Jean and Rachel couldn't be in the same book because 2 TP/TK was redundant. My answer was to point out that we just had 3 TP/TK in the same book. So obviously that can happen, no?

Edit: And that wasn't a comment, on my part, if it's a good idee to do it or not. Just that Marvel did it with 3 TP/TK so nothing prevent them to do it with 2 if they want to.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 07-16-2015 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

X-Force and Wolverine and Deadpool all have the same freaking powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    -sigh- I answered to someone that said that Jean and Rachel couldn't be in the same book because 2 TP/TK was redundant. My answer was to point out that we just had 3 TP/TK in the same book. So obviously that can happen, no?
    Well, people have been complaining about the overlapping rosters, and about that there is too many psychics on the books........................

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

New X-Men had Emma, Jean and Xavier on the team and it's one the greatest comic series ever.. Doesn't matter how similar the powerset is as X-Men is a character-driven franchise, not an ability-driven one.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, people have been complaining about the overlapping rosters, and about that there is too many psychics on the books........................
    I kinda agree except if that's the purpose of the book: to make a story about characters with similar power. But in the case of Rachel and Jean, I think there is a lot of story possibilities that largely offset the similarity of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    New X-Men had Emma, Jean and Xavier on the team and it's one the greatest comic series ever.. Doesn't matter how similar the powerset is as X-Men is a character-driven franchise, not an ability-driven one.
    Yeah, this is a comic book, not a videogame; but i guess that there was too many complains about that....................

I like the team, but then again I'm an All New snob. So it had me at the Kurt, Ororo, Pete, Logan reveal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

Edit: And that wasn't a comment, on my part, if it's a good idee to do it or not. Just that Marvel did it with 3 TP/TK so nothing prevent them to do it with 2 if they want to.
    SMH, that's irrelevant. It's redundant. yes? I wasn't implying anything else. Please read carefully.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 07-16-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'm not so hot about Storm and Iceman being on the same team together. Storm's powerset overlaps his big time making Iceman's powerset redundant. Being the Storm fan that I am, I hate that. It usually equates to Storm's powers being reduced to only firing lightning bolts with the other aspects of her powers being ignored to make Bobby's powers relevant to the team. I hate to see Storm's powers weakened to prop up other characters. I say keep Storm and dump Iceman since Storm's powerset is leaps and bounds ahead of his in what she can do.

Ororo, Kurt, Old Man Logan and Colossus are golden, though. My favorite X-Men lineup of all time was Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Shadowcat. Add Bishop and Gambit to that mix and you'd have the perfect X-Men team in my book. If you want, you can swap Sage for Shadowcat as I like them both equally.
    Gee, you have great taste! Gambit would be awesome in this mix. As for the Iceman thing, I definitely agree. For me personally, he's the weakest spot on the team.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Its like Chris Yost said in an x-position interview a few months ago: with Teen Jean around, Rachel is redundant.

I mean, seriously what purpose could Rachel serve when you have her mother running around at roughly the same age she is? They have the same powerset, TP/TK, and everything. It would be redundant to put them on the same team.
    Yost is wrong.

Rachel is older than Tean and they're far different characters and don't even use their powers the same way.

Can we all at least agree the lineup so far is really great? This is honestly the book I'm excited for the most.
    Eh, I'll pass.

I wonder if Rachel disappears with adult Cyclops which is what prompts Storm to ask teen Jean to join her team. If that's the case, I am really hungry for some Ororo and Jean sisterhood. Ororo can be the big sister who helps mentor Teen Jean and keep her in check. It would be a huge homage to the best friends/sisters relationship they once had when adult Jean was in the picture. I wonder if Storm will have a romantic love interest with Kurt? I wish I could see full sketches of the costume concept designs.

BANNED

Gee, you have great taste! Gambit would be awesome in this mix. As for the Iceman thing, I definitely agree. For me personally, he's the weakest spot on the team.
    LOL, well, great minds think alike.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post

Not to mention Martha Johnasson, the Stepford Cuckoos, and Quentin Quire it's all in the usage of the character and what story you're telling if that story is about merely superpowers then it can seem repetitive!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Its like Chris Yost said in an x-position interview a few months ago: with Teen Jean around, Rachel is redundant.

I mean, seriously what purpose could Rachel serve when you have her mother running around at roughly the same age she is? They have the same powerset, TP/TK, and everything. It would be redundant to put them on the same team.
    Jean was on the team in the 90s with Psylocke and when Cable (when he had better control of his psychic abilities) in the early 2000s.

I'm not so hot about Storm and Iceman being on the same team together. Storm's powerset overlaps his big time making Iceman's powerset redundant
    Someone needs to read Amazing X-Men. They're both on the same team and it works.