Default Buffy The Vampire Slayer S9 Library Editions

Hello,

I want to get the Buffy Season 9 Library Editions but I heard they aren't as good as the Season 8 Library Editions. Can someone please send me pictures or a video of the Season 9 Library edition?

And do you think I should get the Library Editions or the Trade Paperbacks? This question also applies to Angel & Faith Season 9 Library Editions as well.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    Hello,

I want to get the Buffy Season 9 Library Editions but I heard they aren't as good as the Season 8 Library Editions. Can someone please send me pictures or a video of the Season 9 Library edition?

And do you think I should get the Library Editions or the Trade Paperbacks? This question also applies to Angel & Faith Season 9 Library Editions as well.

Thanks.
    I wish I could help you but I haven't seen inside the S9 Library Editions. I will tell you that the second volume of Buffy includes Willow, and the second volume of A&F includes Spike. I have all the trades though, and they're pretty cool.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I wish I could help you but I haven't seen inside the S9 Library Editions. I will tell you that the second volume of Buffy includes Willow, and the second volume of A&F includes Spike. I have all the trades though, and they're pretty cool.
    Oh it's alright and thanks for the information Is Season 9 better than Season 8? and how is Season 10 so far?

Oh it's alright and thanks for the information Is Season 9 better than Season 8? and how is Season 10 so far?
    In my opinion, Season 8 was really good. It had some (pretty major) problems in the second half, but the first 20 issues are still some of the best comics I've ever read.
    Season 9 is... well.... Kind of not good. It has its' moments for sure, but it also has the low point of the entire series (including the show). I wouldn't not recommend it if you like Buffy, but definitely don't expect greatness.
    Angel & Faith, on the other hand, was really freakin phenomenal!! Faith gets more development than she's ever had, and while I sort of think Angel's voice isn't all there, he's still pretty badass. The best thing about it is its' inherent ability to craft every story arc into a very secluded story, but still make everything feel like it's leading to something. Really, there's some great comic book storytelling going on here.

Season 10 is.. ok. I'm actually kind of upset because they moved the team that was on A&F:S9 to Buffy, and I don't think the stories there are living up to the work they were doing in A&F. On top of that, they put a boring (in my opinion) creative team on A&F this season. So it's basically average on all levels.

Sorry about the huge post. It's hard not to rant when talking about Buffy comics.

TL;DR
    1. Season 8 (issues 1-20)
    2. Angel & Faith: Season 9
    3. Season 8 (issues 21-40)
    4. Season 9
    S10 will get 3rd or 4th once it's over.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

In my opinion, Season 8 was really good. It had some (pretty major) problems in the second half, but the first 20 issues are still some of the best comics I've ever read.
    Season 9 is... well.... Kind of not good. It has its' moments for sure, but it also has the low point of the entire series (including the show). I wouldn't not recommend it if you like Buffy, but definitely don't expect greatness.
    Angel & Faith, on the other hand, was really freakin phenomenal!! Faith gets more development than she's ever had, and while I sort of think Angel's voice isn't all there, he's still pretty badass. The best thing about it is its' inherent ability to craft every story arc into a very secluded story, but still make everything feel like it's leading to something. Really, there's some great comic book storytelling going on here.

Season 10 is.. ok. I'm actually kind of upset because they moved the team that was on A&F:S9 to Buffy, and I don't think the stories there are living up to the work they were doing in A&F. On top of that, they put a boring (in my opinion) creative team on A&F this season. So it's basically average on all levels.

Sorry about the huge post. It's hard not to rant when talking about Buffy comics.

TL;DR
    1. Season 8 (issues 1-20)
    2. Angel & Faith: Season 9
    3. Season 8 (issues 21-40)
    4. Season 9
    S10 will get 3rd or 4th once it's over.
    Season 8 put me off at first because it seemed like it was just too much, but I loved it a lot, especially after reading the second Library Edition. And oh it sucks S8 goes down hill, it's been really good so far. I guess I'll skip Season 9 then and just read Angel & Faith. Is Willow Wonderland worth a read? it sounds awesome but I won't be reading Buffy S9 so I don't know if it'll all make sense.

Haha, no problem, rant all you want. Your rating list is appreciated Thank you.

Season 8 put me off at first because it seemed like it was just too much, but I loved it a lot, especially after reading the second Library Edition. And oh it sucks S8 goes down hill, it's been really good so far.
    Yea, it really does. It's really not awful though. Imo, the 3rd Library Edition is the low point, then they make up for it later. It just gets way too big and cosmic though. Like technically, I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea, it's just not what anyone wanted from Buffy.

I guess I'll skip Season 9 then and just read Angel & Faith.
    Well don't let me stop you, it's not completely awful.

Is Willow Wonderland worth a read? it sounds awesome but I won't be reading Buffy S9 so I don't know if it'll all make sense.
    No, it'll make sense. Basically Willow just takes off after Buffy Vol. 2 to do something that would seem very obvious for her to be doing. It's pretty good, and also ties into A&F Vol. 3 very heavily.

Haha, no problem, rant all you want. Your rating list is appreciated Thank you.
    Damn, I've totally talked to you on Buffy-Boards before. It's like I just made a full circle through the internet. What other comics are you into?

Yea, it really does. It's really not awful though. Imo, the 3rd Library Edition is the low point, then they make up for it later. It just gets way too big and cosmic though. Like technically, I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea, it's just not what anyone wanted from Buffy.

Well don't let me stop you, it's not completely awful.

No, it'll make sense. Basically Willow just takes off after Buffy Vol. 2 to do something that would seem very obvious for her to be doing. It's pretty good, and also ties into A&F Vol. 3 very heavily.

Damn, I've totally talked to you on Buffy-Boards before. It's like I just made a full circle through the internet. What other comics are you into?
    Yeah, I feel like with Season 8 they wanted to attract Marvel and DC readers, they left us die hard fans hanging. And yeah I will skip season 9 haha, and oh okay great! I'll get Willow Wonderland then

Really? What's your username on there? Hi again haha. I read DC, Marvel, Buffy and Angel comics... for now, I'll probably get into image and all that sooner or later.