Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Steel has always been around,he was from Superman death till after the doomsday wars pre flashpoint,to helping during the new 52,till now being with Lana in the Rebirth books.

I never saw him as DCs iron Man,cause iron Man is all about high tech this or that,while Steel almost came off like a guy who put on armor and flight boots and went out to bust ppls **** in.that might be a extreme oversimplification on my part.

http://%22http//community.comicbookr...ighlight=Steel

Is the thread coming up for you when you click on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    He's been around since Rebirth started as a main character in Superwoman.
    But he is gone again now than Superwoman has been canceled. Iwant him featured again in the Superbooks. I still remember how he was present in the Man of Steel book. And if he can get a new book it would be great.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But he is gone again now than Superwoman has been canceled. Iwant him featured again in the Superbooks. I still remember how he was present in the Man of Steel book. And if he can get a new book it would be great.
    To be fair, Superwoman literally just ended like a week ago. I'm sure DC has plans. And since Bendis is likely taking one of the main books, there is a good chance Steel can get a good sized role again since Bendis often champions diversity.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love how Cowan continued that awesome Bogdanove feel of "Nineties done right."

Mighty Member

Do you consider him to be DC's Iron Man and like Tony Stark?

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Do you consider him to be DC's Iron Man and like Tony Stark?
    Batmanhas more things in common with Iron man than Steel, but John Henry have some characteristics seen in Iron Man: The armour, the engineer knowledge, the guilt trip.
    However, John Henry is more a family man and a blue collar guy than charismatic millionare: he built his armour in his basement, similar to what Riri Williams did.
    Dammit! I feel like Bendis is eyeing to Steel right now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah... Irons and Iron Man, I don't see the similarity. Aside from the very obvious armor thing. But that's like comparing Reed Richards with Ralph Dibny because they're married stretchy guys. The amusing thing is that just recently Shaq mentioned it of all things:

Quote Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
    “I would love to be in one of the Avengers movies,” Shaquille O’Neal tells EW. “I would like to kick Robert Downey Jr.’s ass.”

The basketball Hall of Famer/actor/rapper/NBA analyst/volunteer police officer/one-time Lyft driver is no stranger to superhero movies. More than 20 years ago, before the superhero craze began, the then-25-year-old Los Angeles Laker suited up for Steel. Based on the DC Comics character of the same name, the 1997 film was an airball with critics and viewers, but it was notable for the distinction of having one of the first black superheroes on the big screen.

“It was an awesome opportunity,” recalls O’Neal, who starred as the titular vigilante hero. “However, I’d like to redo it and get some of these 2018 special effects.”
    I saw that movie when it came out, which was just a few months before my 10th birthday. Even back then it was an obviously weak production and Shaq couldn't really cut it, but I really appreciated the effort and it was amazing that I got to see such an unlikely hero on a big screen. In defense of Shaq, he was at least a good Steel in a physical sense, like Fairbanks was Superman. And the cool thing to me was that he was a guy from Newark. Steel had recently located to Jersey City, Shaq was from Newark, and I was a child of Elizabeth (by way of East Orange).

I dunno, it was just a cool time for a young, black kid who loved the Superman family.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Batmanhas more things in common with Iron man than Steel, but John Henry have some characteristics seen in Iron Man: The armour, the engineer knowledge, the guilt trip.
    However, John Henry is more a family man and a blue collar guy than charismatic millionare: he built his armour in his basement, similar to what Riri Williams did.
    Dammit! I feel like Bendis is eyeing to Steel right now.
    You mean Tony Stark is like Bruce Wayne and Steel/Iron Man did became friends in that DC vs Marvel crossover event in 1996 even fought in the cards.

I'm glad Bendis is eying to Steel as well as Steel is such an underappreciated character and do you consider him to be a relatable character in aspects?

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

It's time for a new Steel book. I don't know how DC hasn't ever TRIED it again. With the write creative team, I think it could pull in as respectable numbers as Supergirl or any other legacy Superman supporting hero. While I loved the original's early setting in Washington D.C. (and I'd like to see them acknowledge Steel's roots there a bit more), it's probably a safer bet to make it Metropolis-based out of Steelworks.