Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Honestly, I love Steel, but he'll always be a beta due to his origins. Without divorcing him completely from the Superman mythos, Steel was never going to approach Iron Man levels of autonomy. Oh, and then there'll always be this monstrosity:

Shaq will always be an albatross around Steel's neck
    Which is kind of funny since as soon as I read stories with Steel in them during the late 90's, this was the time when Shaq was everywhere plus adding the fact he's a Superman fan (with a tatoo to match), I always mixed the two when I thought of a Steel movie. The problem is that unless it's voice acting (that Static Shock episode), Shaq can't act.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Convergence: Man of Steel #1 preview featuring John Henry Irons: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04...man-of-steel-1

BANNED

Last edited by Cypher; 04-19-2015 at 01:57 AM.

BANNED

Mighty Member

Default Steel appreciation

He's been one of my favorite underrated DC characters for 25 years since i was 11/12 when i read his comics and he's quite a unique character and a relatable character to some folks.

Do you consider him to be DC's Iron Man in aspects even John Henry Irons as DC's Tony Stark in aspects? they did fought and met in DC vs Marvel crossover comics/cards.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's so crazy, I was going to start this thread later today.

Well, not crazy, because Steel is worth it. I recently finished a read through of Gangs of Metropolis, and am restarting the Priest/Cowan run. I still remember grabbing issue #28, my first regular Steel comic, off the rack.

BANNED

Yes, I am so here for this! Steel is one of my favorite characters as well and I also feel he is underrated.

BANNED

Isn't there a steel appreciation thread somewhere in this forums old pages? Can't imagine this great character not having one for this long

Bring back the man of mettle!! A fave of mine.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

He's pretty cool. Haven't read too much of his solo, but his storyline in 52 was bloody fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Isn't there a steel appreciation thread somewhere in this forums old pages? Can't imagine this great character not having one for this long
    Not that I'm seeing with a google search. Linda didn't have a thread till I started one a few months ago either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bring back the man of mettle!! A fave of mine.
    He's been around since Rebirth started as a main character in Superwoman.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nice idea for a thread, wanna ask. How did you guys feel about John and Lana Lang being in a relationship?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    How did you guys feel about John and Lana Lang being in a relationship?
    They're still together as of right now. I think they work pretty well together.

BANNED

Ah, the days where Steel got a movie ahead of Clark in the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nice idea for a thread, wanna ask. How did you guys feel about John and Lana Lang being in a relationship?
    It's been interesting, I don't think they're fit for a long-term match (Lana still loves Clark), but they have good chemistry together and there's some fun banter between them.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I dropped Superwoman a little early because of how Steel was written, actually. I didn't like that doting boyfriend thing at all. I guess you can say he's lovably sort of dorky anyway, but it wasn't a depiction that made me want to see more of his point of view in those stories.

But I have no problem with them staying together if someone just writes Steel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I found it. It's on these current boards:

A Man And His Hammer - STEEL

Maybe a merger between the two threads is in order?