Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roj View Post
    as slow as these series are moving, it's more like "time crawls out for everybody." rather than "time runs out for everybody."
    That is true.

All-New Member

Hickman's run on the Avengers has been the best Justice League book in years

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I'm quite ready for this tedious excursion to end. How much filler can you really pack into " Earths are colliding and being destroyed. Some Earths are prevented from colliding by destroying one. Our Earth is next..." over a period of almost two years?

And I say that as a fan of Hickman's writing.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I'm quite ready for this tedious excursion to end. How much filler can you really pack into " Earths are colliding and being destroyed. Some Earths are prevented from colliding by destroying one. Our Earth is next..." over a period of almost two years?

And I say that as a fan of Hickman's writing.
    Yeah. I have to agree completely. After his amazing run on Fantastic Four, I was really excited to see him tackle Avengers. However, nearly two years later, I'm really disappointed. Instead of "slow burn" I feel that he's only delivered "plodding", "tedious", and "boring." With such a massive cast, he's got almost no space to focus on any one character. Save for the founders and a few spotlight characters like Hyperion, most of the cast largely goes ignored. Additionally, a book like this is only as good as its conflict and antagonists. Thus far, the likes of AIM and Black Swan have proven to be little more than dry and uninteresting D-list filler.

I get how people just LOVE what he's doing here. Everybody's entitled to their opinion. For my money, Hickman's Avengers has been far less epic and smart than originally anticipated. More importantly, it's just not fun.

Amazing Member

I think the Avengers lineup is Arno Stark as Iron Man, Thor wielding Jarnbjorn, Sam "Falcon" Wilson as the new Captain America, smart, Banner-less, Hulk and aged depowered Steve Rogers.

Bigger images

Yup, that's Max.

BANNED

These covers are so damn cool!

Spectacular Member

Not the first time they're showing us the immediate future. Anyone remember Red Onslaught from the end of Remender's Uncanny Avengers 1st arc? Is that event supposed to be AXIS?

Thanks SuperBeetle for posting the bigger images.

So yeah that's not Ian then as Cap. Definitely looks like Sam which is great for the character. Spot on with the Steve Rogers getting depowered though.

Not sure that's Tony anymore. It's either Havok, as the X-Boards suggested, or possibly Arno but I haven't been reading Gillen's run on that.

For NA, that's definitely Maximus then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Not the first time they're showing us the immediate future. Anyone remember Red Onslaught from the end of Remender's Uncanny Avengers 1st arc? Is that event supposed to be AXIS?
    It is indeed.

Amazing Member

I'm 99% certain that's Arno Stark on the Avengers cover. His outfit looks like an updated version of the suit Arno uses currently to allow himself mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch View Post
    I think the Avengers lineup is Arno Stark as Iron Man, Thor wielding Jarnbjorn, Sam "Falcon" Wilson as the new Captain America, smart, Banner-less, Hulk and aged depowered Steve Rogers.
    Yeah, looking at the larger cover image, that's exactly what I was thinking as well. Granted, Iron Man could still be Tony, but given how Hickman once again has Tony falling out with the Avengers and how Arno was attempting to retool Extremis, it looks him taking Tony's place and powered by that new Extremis virus makes a lot of sense. Also, the idea of Sam Wilson becoming the new Captain America would be a pretty big deal.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

This is a clearer picture of the image, the two New Avengers/Illuminati members in the background seem to be Namor and Maximus.

The one on the left looks to be Cannonball or someone in Stark armor, and the one with the cane might be Starbrand.

Looking closely it seems like Thor has one of his arms replaced with one of the Dedtroyers like Aarons FuturevThor, yet wearing the shoulder cape of past Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Thanks SuperBeetle for posting the bigger images.

So yeah that's not Ian then as Cap. Definitely looks like Sam which is great for the character. Spot on with the Steve Rogers getting depowered though.

Not sure that's Tony anymore. It's either Havok, as the X-Boards suggested, or possibly Arno but I haven't been reading Gillen's run on that.

For NA, that's definitely Maximus then.
    Arno isn't blond.
    On ye olde CBR