Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Milestone 2.0 Promises New Static, Icon & More

Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan and Derek Dingle shared news about what fans can expect from the resurgent publisher and its deal with DC Comics.

Full article here.

i wonder how much influence Michael Davis will have.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...michael-davis/

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The Dakota verse is a go. Priest onboard. Can't wait to hear more news.

A lengthy read with a lot of good information. The anticipation is killing me.

BANNED

So many Universes nowadays. A perfect time to be a fan of multiple universes.

Spectacular Member

I wonder how long it will be before DC abandons and ignores the Milestone characters again.

Eh, I will admit, my cynicism has drained just a tad. Good panel. Hyped about Morrison and Walker's potential involvement. Please DC, just don't ignore the minority characters that are already in your house.
    Last edited by HereNThere; 07-15-2015 at 10:00 AM.

I really really want this to work out. I haven't read too much of the old milestone stuff, but it would be nice to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i wonder how much influence Michael Davis will have.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...michael-davis/
    That article was so poorly-written, I had to re-read parts just to understand what Johnston was trying to say.

I'm looking forward to Milestone 2.0, however. Like... a lot!

A new Dakota verse basically means I'm almost at bench clearing mode on my pull list.

Guess now it's going to be:

Ms. Marvel
    ANAD Avengers
    Spider-Man
    Ultimates

And every Milestone book.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before DC abandons and ignores the Milestone characters again.
    well if no one buys the comics they'd probably focus less on the line. so really it's up to the fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    well if no one buys the comics they'd probably focus less on the line. so really it's up to the fans.
    Not really.

It's up to DC to do their job.

I don't need a bunch of Scott McDaniel Static Shock starter kits.

They have to make sure these books are good enough for someone to not only read but be willing to RECOMMEND to others.

They have to stand up to the faction of fans that will raise heck about these books being around period.

No more caving in to the complainers that would never read the books in the first place.

If no one buys the comic-guess what SOMEBODY needs to go back to the drawing room and try again. We are not going to have this one shot and screw mess. If Moon Knight can fail 6 times and still get a shot-so can Static and Milestone. THat has been the issue everyone wants to give up after the first try.

Then retailers fave to do THEIR part and actually ORDER copies.

All this "I don't want certain books in my store" mess has to stop.

At LEAST have 4-5 copies of the first 3 issues of these books would work to at least give potential readers a chance to read the books instead of just waiting on trades.

Too many times Dc and others have put out books that NO ONE has seen until they get axed because a store owner refused to stock the book.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    A new Dakota verse basically means I'm almost at bench clearing mode on my pull list.

Guess now it's going to be:

Ms. Marvel
    ANAD Avengers
    Spider-Man
    Ultimates

And every Milestone book.
    No Cyborg?

I'm excited, I'm hoping we can get a concrete release date for the new roll out soon, along with some exclusive art.
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really.

It's up to DC to do their job.
    Not directed at you but the saying "it's up to the fans" is the get out of jail free card publishers have used( one more then the other ) that fans have eagerly taken up as yeah people have to buy it but the publishers also have to get off their asses and use that marketing department, Marvel/DC have accounts in all forms of social media to get their message across, put ads in all of their comics and by that I mean put a ad for Milestone in a Batbook as I read comics during the first run and I didn't see any ads in Green Lantern or Robin but I saw ads for Anima in those comics and who remembers that comic without the aid of google? The creators who are part of this should be tweeting about it as going through Geoff Johns's twitter feed he hasn't mentioned anything about this and he's a part of it( as loathsome as it is ) yet he has time to talk up the Suicide Squad movie with Viola Davis and talk Batman with Greg Capullo......you know two subjects no one is talking about

I don't need a bunch of Scott McDaniel Static Shock starter kits.

There's probably a bunch still there as no one has lost a job over that

They have to stand up to the faction of fans that will raise heck about these books being around period.
    They'll just ignore that group and not actually engage them, remember when everyone complained Cyborg stole Martian Manhunter's JL spot and that one person at DC said............cricket sounds

No more caving in to the complainers that would never read the books in the first place.
    You mean like they gave in to those complaining that they wouldn't buy Static's nu52 comic before it dropped?

If no one buys the comic-guess what SOMEBODY needs to go back to the drawing room and try again. We are not going to have this one shot and screw mess. If Moon Knight can fail 6 times and still get a shot-so can Static and Milestone. THat has been the issue everyone wants to give up after the first try.
    Or Aquaman, highs and lows but somebody is always trying to start a solo with him

Then retailers fave to do THEIR part and actually ORDER copies.

All this "I don't want certain books in my store" mess has to stop.

At LEAST have 4-5 copies of the first 3 issues of these books would work to at least give potential readers a chance to read the books instead of just waiting on trades.

They won't, despite Marvel being behind him how many stores keep a low order on Miles' comic? The hint is a lot as his final issue for his second run is rare to see in stores( or a complete run ) yet I know you have seen the same titles in complete runs fill up the bargin bins repeatedly

Too many times Dc and others have put out books that NO ONE has seen until they get axed because a store owner refused to stock the book.
    And retailers aren't all that friendly or willing to come up with a quick solution to fix the problem if a customer comes in asking for a comic they don't have, hell I got told to hit up eBay for a issue of Ms. Marvel