Super Moderator

Default Nancy A. Collins Prepares A Bloodbath for "Vampirella"

Writer Nancy A. Collins gets to the heart of Vampirella's staying power, emphasizing her plans to take the character back to her horror roots.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Glad too see a new ongoing, I might pick it up but I do feel her emphasize on horror will be mixed for me, while she says she has a distaste for vampi becoming too superhero, I found the Harris run by Tom B so far to be entertaining because of the gorgeous art, awesome action and nice references to dracula myths and an actually set of enemies that weren't wacko cult members . I enjoyed the warren run but I think it only scarcthed the poteinal of the concept before it became cheesy. Though I do remember she mentioned in a newsarama that she's only read the warren run, so I'll be curious to see where this goes
    Last edited by kkkk; 05-30-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Dynamite's last attempt went downhill so fast, it was painful. But Collins gives a convincing interview at least, so I'll give it a shot...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Dynamite's last attempt went downhill so fast, it was painful. But Collins gives a convincing interview at least, so I'll give it a shot...
    I enjoyed Trautman's entire run. But when Jerwa took over it instantly sucked.

My first Venture into Vampirella so I have a clear mind not clouded by anything before it one way or another. I look forward to this