Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    The thought occurred to me too! But I think the other posters are correct and it's not the case. This story has been so well constructed the creative team seems to have a direction and ultimately a satisfactory conclusion.
    While I agree that this is most likely 100% Clark, I'd rather the reveal be that it's Clark's mind but not his body. Whatever they used to dial back the powers is one more "weakness" that I really hate seeing added to the list. I'd rather that Clark's powers weren't so often portrayed as being something like a lightbulb that can be turned off or dimmed in the blink of an eye.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    While I agree that this is most likely 100% Clark, I'd rather the reveal be that it's Clark's mind but not his body. Whatever they used to dial back the powers is one more "weakness" that I really hate seeing added to the list. I'd rather that Clark's powers weren't so often portrayed as being something like a lightbulb that can be turned off or dimmed in the blink of an eye.
    Sounds convincing, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Two issues might be really important to this story:Superman 34 introduces the mysterious Mr. Oz, who is the one Many think forced Clark into a situation to reveal his identity. This issue also introduces a new really cool villain called the Machinist. I am hoping the Machinist is a separate problem for Supes to deal with because he is different.

The other important issue is Superman 39. I should have said this book was Eisner worthy when it came out but I will go on the record now as saying it's as good as action 42. This issue could be important because it is Clark's first interaction with Mr. Oz and it is the first time I think he is called that. Also it's the issue where Lois starts to connect the dots.

It's speculation, but at least it's not groundless.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Sounds convincing, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Two issues might be really important to this story:Superman 34 introduces the mysterious Mr. Oz, who is the one Many think forced Clark into a situation to reveal his identity. This issue also introduces a new really cool villain called the Machinist. I am hoping the Machinist is a separate problem for Supes to deal with because he is different.

The other important issue is Superman 39. I should have said this book was Eisner worthy when it came out but I will go on the record now as saying it's as good as action 42. This issue could be important because it is Clark's first interaction with Mr. Oz and it is the first time I think he is called that. Also it's the issue where Lois starts to connect the dots.

It's speculation, but at least it's not groundless.
    Gene Yang already said that Mr. Oz has nothing to do with it and Geoff Johns will continue the Mr. Oz story in his book (probably JL after the Darkseid War).

The whole "this isn't really Clark or his body thing", don't forget Supergirl also lost her powers in the final issue of her book. Someone (the US Governement/ARGUS?) must have a anti-Kryptonian weapon, like the Bomb in Doomed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Gene Yang already said that Mr. Oz has nothing to do with it and Geoff Johns will continue the Mr. Oz story in his book (probably JL after the Darkseid War).

The whole "this isn't really Clark or his body thing", don't forget Supergirl also lost her powers in the final issue of her book. Someone (the US Governement/ARGUS?) must have a anti-Kryptonian weapon, like the Bomb in Doomed.
    It would be funny if ARGUS had robbed Clark and Kara of their bodies and transferred their brains into decoys.

Maybe it would draw too much attention for these heroes to disappear so you give them shoddy decoy replacements while you conduct experiments on their real bodies.