Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Silver Surfer #13 Discussion + spoilers

spoilers:
    The Last Days of Silver Surfer began with Toomie picking a fight with Dawn, but Dawn winning the boards affections over ultimately. Norrin and Dawn decide to visit all the friends they met on their travels. But when they go to visit the Never Queen, who embodies all Possibility, she is all but faded away, the final incursion happens and the universe is destroyed as she begs them to run. Norrin avoids it by surfing back in time. While fleeing, Dawn sees another version of herself and Norrin, and the other Dawn helps them escape through a tear in the fabric of reality. They wind up in an all white area. They meet Glorian, the maker of miracles, there, along with his "lowly" assistant Zee. They explain all about the Secret Wars drama to Norrin and Dawn. It turns out, Glorian is planning to rebuild our universe for the heroes to return to after they finish up in Battleworld, with the help of his gigantic, mountain range sized friend known as the Shaper Of Worlds. He is so big that the all white background we had been seeing was just a small spot between his eye and his nose.

So do you guys think Glorian and Norrin will remake the world that is used post-SW or is their plan a doomed one? I, for one, would love the Silver Surfer to be the architect behind the new Marvel Universe.
    end of spoilers

Also, I find it criminal how few people are reading this brilliant series. I almost overlooked it, too, when I saw Slott's name, just because I am sick of his Amazing Spider-Man, but this is some innovative stuff, the kind of stories that could only be told via comics. It's basically Doctor Who as a Marvel comic.

It's always brilliant and fun - Doctor Who dealing with Marvel cosmic mythology... and more. I really enjoy the title and this issue. But I'm not sure I want the whole solution happening - like THAT - outside of the main title... They can manage a way... but I'm doubtful yet.

I love that Slott and Allred are using old school cosmic characters like Glorian and the Shaper of Worlds, though I'm not sure if Zee is an old or new character.

I was pleasantly suprised to see Glorian and the Shaper of Worlds. Dan Slott always manages to use the continuity well.

Loved seeing Battleworld from the outside along with Knowhere.

Will be interesting to see what happens here in relation to how Secret Wars ends.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

How does it feel to be bested by Glorian, Doom? (yeah, I know he will need Silver Surfer's help to do the job, but he's still doing more than Doom to rebuild the universe).

By the way, it seems that the past keep existing.
    Last edited by Habis; 07-15-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    spoilers:
    The Last Days of Silver Surfer began with Toomie picking a fight with Dawn, but Dawn winning the boards affections over ultimately. Norrin and Dawn decide to visit all the friends they met on their travels. But when they go to visit the Never Queen, who embodies all Possibility, she is all but faded away, the final incursion happens and the universe is destroyed as she begs them to run. Norrin avoids it by surfing back in time. While fleeing, Dawn sees another version of herself and Norrin, and the other Dawn helps them escape through a tear in the fabric of reality. They wind up in an all white area. They meet Glorian, the maker of miracles, there, along with his "lowly" assistant Zee. They explain all about the Secret Wars drama to Norrin and Dawn. It turns out, Glorian is planning to rebuild our universe for the heroes to return to after they finish up in Battleworld, with the help of his gigantic, mountain range sized friend known as the Shaper Of Worlds. He is so big that the all white background we had been seeing was just a small spot between his eye and his nose.

So do you guys think Glorian and Norrin will remake the world that is used post-SW or is their plan a doomed one? I, for one, would love the Silver Surfer to be the architect behind the new Marvel Universe.
    end of spoilers

Also, I find it criminal how few people are reading this brilliant series. I almost overlooked it, too, when I saw Slott's name, just because I am sick of his Amazing Spider-Man, but this is some innovative stuff, the kind of stories that could only be told via comics. It's basically Doctor Who as a Marvel comic.
    Because this is a tie in which seemingly is not being referenced in anyway at all in the main title, I'm hesistant in thinking this will factor into the resolution of things at all.

But ya never know. The main Secret Wars title is only halfway through so there's still time to work all this in there. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    How does it feel to be bested by Glorian, Doom? (yeah, I know he will need Silver Surfer's help to do the job, but he's still doing more than Doom to rebuild the universe).

By the way, it seems that the past keep existing.
    Well that much was already shown by Ultron Forever with how Doombot was able to pull heroes from the pre-Secret Wars points of history.

Delighted to see Shaper of Worlds play a part in all this. I was wondering what had happened to him. Since he, himself, is a kind of Beyonder, it makes sense that he would survive.

I'm going to take wild guess that Zee is Kubik in disguise for some reason?

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Because this is a tie in which seemingly is not being referenced in anyway at all in the main title, I'm hesistant in thinking this will factor into the resolution of things at all.

But ya never know. The main Secret Wars title is only halfway through so there's still time to work all this in there. We'll see.
    Dan Slott was interviewed at the start of Secret Wars and said that Silver Surfer would play a big part in shaping the outcome of Secret Wars. In fact, IIRC, I believe he said that in the same way Doom shaped Battleworld, Silver Surfer would shape what comes after. I think the life raft heroes will be the ones that prove Doom's undoing, but Silver Surfer and Glorian are going to create the new Marvel Universe that they'll return to.

BANNED

Wow I never even heard of Glorian before.

This book continues to be amazing. Clever and creative and fun and heartfelt. And just an amazing book.

"Space French." That cracked me up.

I'm seeing someone becoming a new Galactus. Could Dawn Greenwood be ANADGalactus? You'd figure that the new universe (no, not that "New Universe") would be recreated from its beginnings with billions of years of history. A Galactus with origins from the Slott/Allred series makes the Surfer's back story rather interesting.

I apologize for your not being able to unread this.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Wow I never even heard of Glorian before.
    The funny thing about that is that neither had I until yesterday when I randomly watched an episode of Avengers Assemble on Netflix and he was in it. I was like wtf is this guy? Then I see him the next day in this issue. Seriously, what a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm seeing someone becoming a new Galactus. Could Dawn Greenwood be ANADGalactus? You'd figure that the new universe (no, not that "New Universe") would be recreated from its beginnings with billions of years of history. A Galactus with origins from the Slott/Allred series makes the Surfer's back story rather interesting.

I apologize for your not being able to unread this.
    We know there is a Galactus in the Ultimates book. But yeah... Galactus is supposed to be a hold over from the previous universe so that could potentially work.

I would kinda miss the old Big G though if that were the case.

This book continues to be astonishing. Slott and the Allreds compliment each other wonderfully - his wild ideas grounded by charm (things like "Space French" and Prime One ice cream always make me smile) and the mindbending artwork. So many incredible character designs and mindbending panels that you could stare at for ages. I need the "NEXT" teaser of the Surfer blazing out of the spiral universe as wallpaper - so, so beautiful.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!