Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Like I just said. Zed cut out her heart to power the Impericon. He had a realitu cutting blade given to hom by Glorian. So Glorian was behind the attack on the Never Queen in SS #1-3. Which is why I asked what his motives were.

Im not talking about the incursion whatsoever.
    If it was something earlier in the SS arcs, having her heart of power cut out didn't seem to phase her much.

As to his motivations, are you sure Glorian is the bad guy here? Does Norrin know Glorian was behind the attack on Never Queen, because Norrin doesn't seem concerned at all. If Glorian is the good guy here, he certainly looks like he has good intentions about restoring a reality. What do you think his intentions are?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    If it was something earlier in the SS arcs, having her heart of power cut out didn't seem to phase her much.

As to his motivations, are you sure Glorian is the bad guy here? Does Norrin know Glorian was behind the attack on Never Queen, because Norrin doesn't seem concerned at all. If Glorian is the good guy here, he certainly looks like he has good intentions about restoring a reality. What do you think his intentions are?
    Did you not read SS #3?

Glorian was cloaked the entire time and SS never knew he was there. Only Zed was aware. Never Queen is fine cause SS destroyed the Impericon and returned the heart saving the Never Queen. Eternity then banished Zed from the universe and Zed was saved by the cloaked stranger who we now know is Glorian.

So hes def up to something based on his previous actions.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

No, I never read SS #3, but I intend to get it now you've mentioned it.

So the surf board can talk now?

Quote Originally Posted by Look View Post
    Basically its silver cosmic surface acts like a magic fairy tale mirror Reflects are a bit different. Need to be Dawn to fully interpret !

Quote Originally Posted by Look View Post
    Toomie is great. Norrin is a jerk for neglecting him for so long. Always ordering him around.

To me, my board!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Having done a miniscule amount of resarch about Glorian and Shaper-of-Worlds, I'm all the most interested to see where the plot takes us - especially in regards to what their beef with the NeverQueen is.

I mean, if Glorian and SoW are all about helping dreams come true...

And NeverQueen is the embodiment of all almosts...

Hm.

-Pav, who needs a minute...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

This series continues to be a delight. The plorpiest comic ever.

Silver and Gold!! Silver and Gold!!!

So wait, you mean to tell me that the board has had somewhat of a sentience all this time and it's ACTUAL name is 'Toomie', as in 'Toomie, my board'?

Goddammit that is one of the most brilliant things I've ever heard, right up there with Weapon X really being 'Weapon Ten'. I really need to pick up this book, and I already love Allred.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    So wait, you mean to tell me that the board has had somewhat of a sentience all this time and it's ACTUAL name is 'Toomie', as in 'Toomie, my board'?

Goddammit that is one of the most brilliant things I've ever heard, right up there with Weapon X really being 'Weapon Ten'. I really need to pick up this book, and I already love Allred.
    Yes!

I didnt like Allred but his work on this book won me over.

You are in for a treat. This book is great on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post

Well it started off with Dawn mishearing 'To me, my board' as 'Toomie: my board' but the name has stuck.

The Allreds are incredible. I own this series digitally but will buy it all over again when the omnibus is released.

Hopefully that's not for a long time, because I'm not ready for this series to end anytime soon!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'm going to hazard a guess that The Shaper (perhaps due to his connection with The Beyonders in his creation), knew about the Incursions, and had Glorian recruit Zed to grab the Never Queen's heart in order to reboot creation as it holds all possibilities in it. Perhaps the Impericon was a test, or maybe Zed just was having fun before fulfilling his duty.

I do want to let everyone know that the real Galactus is a-o.k. though, he popped up in Guardians 3000 in an empty void (as a result of the incursions) when Geena Drake went to find the Old Hunger (which turned out to be Galactus) and said he will survive the end of the multiverse like he has before, and seemed kind of un-bothered about the whole incursions thing. Now whether the Galactus on Battleworld is this same Galactus in a sleep state until he needs to either fulfill his role or until the next multiverse pops up, or it's a Doom creation, I do not know. Knowing Hickman's FF run, and how this Secret Wars 4 (3 being an FF only story back in the day) follows/homages the original in some ways, I wouldn't be surprised if Reed uses Galactus to absorb God Doom's energies and to reboot the multiverse much in the same way that Doom used Galactus' machinery and Taa2 to steal the original Beyonder's power (who was the "god" of old Battleworld). It would be a nice homage to the original and fulfillment of (at least one of) Galactus' role. Not sure if Hickman would toss Franklin in there somewhere seeing as he was Galactus' little buddy over in FF and future Franklin was supposed to be with Galactus at the end of the universe.

Perhaps The Surfer, Dawn, Glorian, and The Shaper (and maybe Franklin in either adult of child form) end up guiding and shaping this new creation/multiverse to the equivalent of what was 616 Earth's present (though of course this new multiverse would be different from the previous one)?

Anyway I let my misgivings and little gripes go and have been having fun with this book. It's more comical and cute than my ideal Surfer book, but i does have the fun of space exploration and all things cosmic. Reminds me a bit of Engleheart's old run, but with a more cosmic and alien Surfer to match the alien surroundings, and I prefer Dawn to Engleheart's Mary Sue in Mantis.