Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    The funny thing about that is that neither had I until yesterday when I randomly watched an episode of Avengers Assemble on Netflix and he was in it. I was like wtf is this guy? Then I see him the next day in this issue. Seriously, what a coincidence.
    That is funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I love that Slott and Allred are using old school cosmic characters like Glorian and the Shaper of Worlds, though I'm not sure if Zee is an old or new character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Delighted to see Shaper of Worlds play a part in all this. I was wondering what had happened to him. Since he, himself, is a kind of Beyonder, it makes sense that he would survive.

I'm going to take wild guess that Zee is Kubik in disguise for some reason?
    So Glorian isn't a new character, huh? I knew of Shaper of Worlds - despite, I don't think, having read any comics with him - but I was totally unfamiliar with Glorian. What's his deal?

Also, I was REALLY excited to get to this issue because my assumption is that this is the dangling plot line from the end of the first arc; that is, I believe "Zee" is actually "Zed" who (if I remember correctly) got cut out of the universe and found himself... elsewhere.

In general, I was slightly underwhelmed by this issue, but it was mostly set-up so I'll let it slide! Especially because we got to see Mr. Plorp again!

-Pav, who totally enjoys the Plorps...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So Glorian isn't a new character, huh? I knew of Shaper of Worlds - despite, I don't think, having read any comics with him - but I was totally unfamiliar with Glorian. What's his deal?
    He's more of an obscure character who hasn't been used in years. I only know of him because he crossed with Generation X back in the 90s and later popped up during Annihilation a few years ago. He has a limited ability to reshape reality and it was the Shaper of Worlds who helped him unlock his powers.

Also, I was REALLY excited to get to this issue because my assumption is that this is the dangling plot line from the end of the first arc; that is, I believe "Zee" is actually "Zed" who (if I remember correctly) got cut out of the universe and found himself... elsewhere.
    Oh, nice catch. I just looked back at issue 3, and I think you're right. Zed was wearing a similar silver banded outfit when he was cast out of the universe by the Silver Surfer and Eternity and found by a blue-robed figure, who we now can assume was Glorian. It's cool to think Slott was able to plant seeds for Silver Surfer's story in Secret Wars so far in advance.

In general, I was slightly underwhelmed by this issue, but it was mostly set-up so I'll let it slide! Especially because we got to see Mr. Plorp again!

-Pav, who totally enjoys the Plorps...
    I guessed Zee was Zed, too. Maybe, in his shame, he's changed his name to be incorrect.

Glorian had a few run-ins with the Hulk, back in the day. Basically, Glorian's thing was that he was the apprentice of the Shaper, trying to fulfill people's dreams and make the universe a better place. But then he kept meeting the Hulk, who kept not wanting Glorian's help, and Glorian kept trying to force the Hulk to accept his help, which proved he wasn't yet ready to do the Shaper's work.

Love that Slott was plotting well in advance and am very curious why Glorian was working to destroy the Never Queen.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Well something still exists besides Battleworld. There are the future Surfer and Dawn, and now these other 3 beings, Glorian, Maker of Miracles, The Lowly Zee, and the Shaper of Worlds, as well as the 616 Surfer and Dawn.

I don't know how Glorian wants to make reality from the Shaper of Worlds and that Surfer will do that. These extraordinary space concepts just sound like energy existing in forms that are versatile enough to be intelligent. The power cosmic was supposed to be destroyed along with the Never Queen. But the one clue Never Queen gave Norrin Radd was to flee into the past, because that at least exists too. But once they entered the tear in the fabric of reality, they left the past and entered a plane of non-existence and met those who still existed there - Shaper, Gorian and Zee.

So now we step outside the reality of the one planet left, Battleworld, and think on the level of these energies that are left over in a nothing plane, but which can form things back into existence. I don't know if they are in contention with Doom-Eternity, but if Doom only has the power of the Beyonders, whatever the Beyonders don't control is what the Surfer is going to get involved in. Not even Galactus could find this place, nor could the Living Tribunal. Nothing was able to shift fast enough to find that tear in the fabric of reality. Gorian created the tear, and had to close it up, or the Incursion would have erased them all as well. This seems to be a very premeditated tactic on the part of the Shaper of Worlds and Gorian, his servant.

An Earthling, Dawn, and a fugitive from the planet Norrin came from, are the sole survivors of a doomed Multiverse, apart from the scraps that Doom protected. Why did the Shaper of Worlds hide in his little "plane of non-existence"?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-16-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I was pleasantly suprised to see Glorian and the Shaper of Worlds. Dan Slott always manages to use the continuity well.

Loved seeing Battleworld from the outside along with Knowhere.

Will be interesting to see what happens here in relation to how Secret Wars ends.
    Yeah, it was good to see Battleworld and Knowhere as a planet and moon at last from an outside perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Dan Slott was interviewed at the start of Secret Wars and said that Silver Surfer would play a big part in shaping the outcome of Secret Wars. In fact, IIRC, I believe he said that in the same way Doom shaped Battleworld, Silver Surfer would shape what comes after. I think the life raft heroes will be the ones that prove Doom's undoing, but Silver Surfer and Glorian are going to create the new Marvel Universe that they'll return to.
    These concepts are highly existential in nature, going at the very fabric of what it means to be real. Someone is going to detect that another form of reality exists besides Battleworld, and try to access it. Maybe Norrin appears. Maybe Toomie pops into Battleworld through the tear, and things go from there. I remember that one image I've seen a while back dealing with the conclusion of Secret Wars, of all the characters marching into a bright light, so it could be the safe house set up by Silver Surfer and Shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    spoilers:
    The Last Days of Silver Surfer began with Toomie picking a fight with Dawn, but Dawn winning the boards affections over ultimately. Norrin and Dawn decide to visit all the friends they met on their travels. But when they go to visit the Never Queen, who embodies all Possibility, she is all but faded away, the final incursion happens and the universe is destroyed as she begs them to run. Norrin avoids it by surfing back in time. While fleeing, Dawn sees another version of herself and Norrin, and the other Dawn helps them escape through a tear in the fabric of reality. They wind up in an all white area. They meet Glorian, the maker of miracles, there, along with his "lowly" assistant Zee. They explain all about the Secret Wars drama to Norrin and Dawn. It turns out, Glorian is planning to rebuild our universe for the heroes to return to after they finish up in Battleworld, with the help of his gigantic, mountain range sized friend known as the Shaper Of Worlds. He is so big that the all white background we had been seeing was just a small spot between his eye and his nose.

So do you guys think Glorian and Norrin will remake the world that is used post-SW or is their plan a doomed one? I, for one, would love the Silver Surfer to be the architect behind the new Marvel Universe.
    end of spoilers

Also, I find it criminal how few people are reading this brilliant series. I almost overlooked it, too, when I saw Slott's name, just because I am sick of his Amazing Spider-Man, but this is some innovative stuff, the kind of stories that could only be told via comics. It's basically Doctor Who as a Marvel comic.
    From the summary pages of the return trip to where the 12 stories went, they weren't all that interesting, and more just amusing little sillies.

But this Last Days got very serious in how it made everything in SS just seem irrelevant all in one issue, and then just take us to a new level of urgency with regard to the significance of everything. Sure, if Slott succeeds in reforming the Universe for the super heroes to come back too, all Slotts worlds will be reformed back to their previous state. But what it will signify is the fragility of the Universe which holds NuMarvel, even though it will have this comforting cushion to land in. The memory of Norrin Radd and Dawn is going to be the overriding factor on how this NuMarvel is portrayed. They may have to use Dooms and the Raftees memories to augment their own, in the final cut of the NuMarvel.

Love that Slott was plotting well in advance and am very curious why Glorian was working to destroy the Never Queen.
    I don't think Glorian was working to destroy the Never Queen. The Incursions destroyed the Never Queen. Glorian just didn't save the Never Queen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't think Glorian was working to destroy the Never Queen. The Incursions destroyed the Never Queen. Glorian just didn't save the Never Queen.
    Surfers recreating the Marvel Universe but somewhat different.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    He's more of an obscure character who hasn't been used in years. I only know of him because he crossed with Generation X back in the 90s and later popped up during Annihilation a few years ago. He has a limited ability to reshape reality and it was the Shaper of Worlds who helped him unlock his powers.

Oh, nice catch. I just looked back at issue 3, and I think you're right. Zed was wearing a similar silver banded outfit when he was cast out of the universe by the Silver Surfer and Eternity and found by a blue-robed figure, who we now can assume was Glorian. It's cool to think Slott was able to plant seeds for Silver Surfer's story in Secret Wars so far in advance.
    It was very cool to think Slott had planted seeds for Secret Wars so far ahead, 12 months ago, if this plot does come to fruition as the driver of the Next NuMarvel. All the side stories of the previous 12 months would just be decoration knowing that this one incident in issue 3 was the important part.

Glorian gave Zed the blade that could cut out the never queens heart back in SS #1-3. So he was instrumental in the assault on the Never Queen.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Glorian gave Zed the blade that could cut out the never queens heart back in SS #1-3. So he was instrumental in the assault on the Never Queen.
    In the assault? Did they ever assault the Never Queen, Glorian and Zed? Because she looked pretty okay to the Silver Surfer and Dawn until Never Queen was hit by the Incursion.

In the assault? Did they ever assault the Never Queen, Glorian and Zed? Because she looked pretty okay to the Silver Surfer and Dawn until Never Queen was hit by the Incursion.
    Like I just said. Zed cut out her heart to power the Impericon. He had a realitu cutting blade given to hom by Glorian. So Glorian was behind the attack on the Never Queen in SS #1-3. Which is why I asked what his motives were.

Im not talking about the incursion whatsoever.