Spectacular Member

Default An Alternate Take on the Superior Spider-Man

Let's pretend you're doing some fanfiction set within an alternate Marvel Universe.

You like Superior Spider-Man, but you don't want to go through having Otto Octavius' mind in Peter Parker's body again.

How would you reinvent the Superior Spidey? A version of Spider-Man from an alternate universe? Another genetic creation? A Spider-Man from the future?

How would you, the fans, do Superior Spidey differently?

1) Spidey + the Venom symbiote: round two, where some circumstances have forced Peter to bond with the symbiote again, focusing on the dynamic between the two as the symbiote's influence grows over time.

2) Peter is missing/incapacitated for whatever reason, and Kaine fills in for him in both his private and public identities for a while.

3) Norman's mind in Peter's body. The horror.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    1) Spidey + the Venom symbiote: round two, where some circumstances have forced Peter to bond with the symbiote again, focusing on the dynamic between the two as the symbiote's influence grows over time.

2) Peter is missing/incapacitated for whatever reason, and Kaine fills in for him in both his private and public identities for a while.

3) Norman's mind in Peter's body. The horror.
    I would love to see the Venom symbiote reunite with Peter Parker again; but without that dreadful mouth and tongue sticking out all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would love to see the Venom symbiote reunite with Peter Parker again; but without that dreadful mouth and tongue sticking out all over the place.
    Heartily agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That's what I liked about Agent Venom before Bendis; for the most part he was missing the mouth and tongue.

Simple Dr. Ock takes possession of a mentally blank, yet to be programed, non-degenerative clone of Peter right out of the maturation chamber. If you've ever seen the old Disney cartoon Dark Wing Duck, well the title character's feud with his dastardly doppelganger crime lord Nega Duck is how I'd have the rivalry between Peter and Octavius play out only with a far more serious bent. At least that is how I plan on eventually doing it in one of my own fanfiction series once I reach the appropriate point.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-16-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

One idea that comes to mind is a storyline entitled Superior Brain Power. After the events of Spider-Island play out, Otto is still in possession of Peter's brainwaves. Or at least he is for the moment. As Ends of the Earth nears, Otto begins recruiting villains. But this time, it's Boomerang's Sinister Six that answers the call. Their plan is simple, get paid and then double-cross Otto 'cause they like their planet livable.

While in Otto's underwater lair, the Living Brain pokes around if only to simply answer the question: What is Otto Octavius hiding? LB finds out about the helmet and the brainwaves after jacking in. He steals the info on Peter's identity as well as the brainwave patterns. When Otto discovers the intrusion, he freaks out on them. Boomerang just figures that Otto is jealous of his leadership abilities, but they decide to bail before finding out. Overdrive transforms a transport shuttle into a badass submarine with flame decals on the sides and they get the hell out of Dodge.

So when they get back to civilization, Boomerang and his gang hit the streets. Living Brain has plans he's keeping secret within his databanks. He spent all of his existence being beaten by Peter Parker. So if he wanted to beat Peter, he'd have to become him! Just like Otto planned. LB orchestrates this big diversion, using the team as his pawns in the process, and in the end he makes the switch. The Living Brain is truly alive now! And in the body of his greatest foe! Peter is stuck in LB's old husk, but manages to escape before being destroyed.

So now LB sets his sights on the city's criminal underworld as its newest crime boss, the Superior Spider-Man! And Boomerang and the gang got his back. He'll need it to because Otto hasn't forgotten their betrayal and thievery.

Peter in the meantime is running around as the Living Brain, the newest Avenger!
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 07-15-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Personally, I’d put it all in the power Dynamic. Even though the villain (I’ll say Ock for brevity’s sake, but I’d rather it be someone else) has control of all of the voluntary parts of Peter’s body, but that Peter has control of the parts that are involuntary. Ock wants to creep on someone? Bam! Peter forces their pupils shut so Ock is temporarily blind. Ock comes close to killing a villain? Bam! He can’t breath until he relents or faints. That way, Peter’s not an utterly helpless victim and Ock is forced to work with his old foe.

When it was first announced I just assumed SSM was going to be some cool, young new kid who was a random NYC citizen who somehow retained his powers after Spider Island. He'd have a different approach to the job, used new gadgets, did things to make himself stand out. The Ock thing, I didn't see coming. Loved the reveal, though.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'd have it so that Peter ends up losing Aunt May or someone in a huge supervillain incident, and decides the kid gloves are off, deciding to become a more efficient and tech-enhanced Spider-Man, and a more serious combatant. I liked the concept of Superior Spider-Man in some ways, but Peter is still my favorite. So this kinda combines both (and it also takes out Aunt May, who is growing really annoying).

Assuming Aunt May originally dies in some sort of supervillain breakout or something, this story would last as long as it takes for Peter to hunt and capture all the villains involved (plus some fun detours along the way).

iMan 42s

It remains Peter Parker.

At the time we had Venom, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-man 2099 back. What I would do is use this as a case for Peter to reinvent Spider-man to be something grand, a bit bigger to separate himself further from the pack or at least get him on there level (considering some actually have better equipment or powers). New costume benefits from the most advanced woven armor of the day, lenses for filtering a "web" of crimes (crime network, responses, Peter's social life), and spider arms. Peter would experience a coincidental rise in success to get him high on victory and enter Goblin King.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ollie Osnick re-invented.

Have one story where he tries to impersonate Peter but no one falls for it.

"How did you think this was going to happen? You didn't even try to change your behavior!"

"Of course I did! I bemoaned my financial situation and expressed my enduring love for my elderly aunt fifteen times!"