Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    He does not trust Batman more than Diana, he trusts HIMSELF more than Diana.

Superman goes into a fight with Batman against heavy hitters. He does not worry that he will leave himself vulnerable to attack because he is watching out for Bruce. He trusts Bruce will take care of himself and that they will work as a team.

But apparently, Diana is not as good at this as Clark, in his opinion. If she sees him in danger she will do something stupid that he apparently would not do while fighting with Bruce, and that will get her hurt.

The nonsense is him effectively saying "You're not as good a super-heroing as I am, so I'm preventing you messing up and me feeling guilty about not stopping you sooner."
    Nowhere is there even the slightest insinuation that Superman doesn't think Wonder Woman is as good a superhero as he is. Its not about trust, its about emotion. Its two entirely different dynamics and why its an ill comparison. There's nothing to suggest he doesn't trust Diana to get the job done and everything to suggest that its their love for one another that throws a wrench into the logistics behind a team up in a dangerous fight. It suggests that Superman understands that due to his love for her, he's compromised by default. So is she. That's where the possible vulnerability comes into play, not whether or not one trusts the other to get the job done. You're pulling that out of nowhere. You're looking for logic where there is none and comparisons among friends and allies that lack the key component that make this situation incomparable: romantic love. I mean come on man, it would almost support the stereotype that comic fans have never been in a romantic relationship in their entire lives, but I know you're married so you have to get it. The Batman comparison is completely worthless in this scenario. Until a day when the Superman/Batman shippers get their wish, that is.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-17-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El