Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sentry, just how much energy can he dish out?

Pre-worm food of course. A lot of people class him as a SS buster due to this scan here:

Thing is, they were shrunk down in terms of size. It said nothing about their power. This is the microverse, which is so small that it can't be seen by the human eye. If their power was not scaled down along with their bodies, then all they would need to do is unleash at least some planet busters to have it appear outside of the microverse. The narration also mentions that the power they are unleashed can shred entire planets. If that feat was any proof of Sentry being even a star buster, then the narrative would make mention of it would it not?

Take Galactus as an example. The guy accidentally busts galaxies when he is fighting at full power. When he shrinks, his power doesn't go down with his size, it stays the same. So even if, while at full power, he shrunk himself to the size of a human, he would still be more than capable of casually busting a galaxy.

If both Sentry and Photon were shrunk in size only, while still running on the same power they use when they are at their normal size, then having their attacks appear outside of the microverse would not, and should not, be an example of solar system busters. Hell, an energy attack that is the size of a mountain can also appear outside of the microverse due to the massive size difference. The only reason we know they are unleashed enough power to bust a planet is because the narration says so.

From that scan above, we know they are unleashing enough power to bust a planet. All the while they are holding back. This means that, from that scan alone, we know that, at most, Sentry can dish out multi planet busting attacks, and can tank just as much without having to rely on his healing capabilities.

Are there any other feats for Sentry that would actually put him at even Star busting level? If not, then does this mean that he is only a multi planet buster only?

The next scan which you are missing actually shows a planet being stabbed in half by their energies....which are visible on Tony Starks armour

Also Sentry has briefly held back the energies of a cosmic cube and treated a planet one Shotter Terrax as something akin to a joke. He has also wrestled out of the crimson bands

No one uses that scan as example of being anything other than above planet busting(which is actually seen)

Sentrys other feats are not on a "light up the universe" level, that feat is ambiguous. But clearly above mere planet busting. Like some of his other feats

BANNED

Well, between planet busting and solar system busting I guess. Or well..I don't know. I don't know how to judge things via the size of what was going on. I would at least assume he could lay waste to our solar system though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    The next scan which you are missing actually shows a planet being stabbed in half by their energies....which are visible on Tony Starks armour
    A planet in the microverse or outside of it in their universe?

Also Sentry has briefly held back the energies of a cosmic cube and treated a planet one Shotter Terrax as something akin to a joke. He has also wrestled out of the crimson bands
    That is physical strength, not energy.

No one uses that scan as example of being anything other than above planet busting(which is actually seen)
    Some have actually prior to the wipe.

Sentrys other feats are not on a "light up the universe" level, that feat is ambiguous. But clearly above mere planet busting. Like some of his other feats
    So, he is a planet buster at the minimum and multi-planet buster at the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    A planet in the microverse or outside of it in their universe?
    In the Microverse

That is physical strength, not energy.
    Does it make a difference ? Shows that the guy is capable of well beyond planet busting

have actually prior to the wipe.
    Again, does it make a difference? Nobody short of a galaxy buster or people with TP is going to be granted wins over a guy who can regenerate from ...nothing

So, he is a planet buster at the minimum and multi-planet buster at the most?
    Again...doesn't really make a difference beyond the fact that the guy is well above standard class 100s or even heralds.There are very few characters who have displayed even this type of ambiguos solar system/multiplanet busting strength

Short of a galaxy buster very few people can compete with him. So what difference does it make if he can bust a solar system or a bunch of planets. Thats just .....trying to put a label on it. He's impressive enough without having to be classified as a solar system buster

Does it make a difference ? Shows that the guy is capable of well beyond planet busting
    Did you not read the original post? I was asking for how much energy he can dish out, nothing more.

Again, does it make a difference? Nobody short of a galaxy buster or people with TP is going to be granted wins over a guy who can regenerate from ...nothing
    Again, yes, it does. I was asking for how much energy he can dish out, not his physical performances as I am well aware of those.

Again...doesn't really make a difference beyond the fact that the guy is well above standard class 100s or even heralds.There are very few characters who have displayed even this type of ambiguos solar system/multiplanet busting strength
    If you actually took the time to read the original post then yes, you would find that it does make a difference.

And there is a vast difference between multi planet busting and solar system busting.

Short of a galaxy buster very few people can compete with him. So what difference does it make if he can bust a solar system or a bunch of planets. Thats just .....trying to put a label on it. He's impressive enough without having to be classified as a solar system buster
    It helps to read the original post before replying btw. Or even the topic name. With what you have said his energy output is multi planet busting levels. And even though I never asked for his strength performance, his strength level is around the same as his energy output. Still below star buster and Solar system busting.

And for the record, it doesn't need to be a galaxy buster to wreck him. Anyone who can mind **** him and has the reflex's do so can easily turn him into little more than a human vegetable. Like Thanos for example.

Whoa dude chill. I did in fact read your post, did not agree with most of it. For eg, how can a planet exploding blast be seen outside the sub atomic universe? I mean wouldn't a sun just shining in said universe produce a far greater source of light?

See that is why I did not try to quantify it beyond noting it is beyond planet busting (as actually seen). Because real world physics tells us that explosion cannot possibly be seen from the normal universe at all unless it is way above solar system busting

Heck at the very least it needs to be a supernova level explosion to even light uo the universe.....which again raises the issue of how a sub atomic universe being lighted up can even be seen in the.....non sub atomic universe

Comic Book physics man. Dont try to make sense out of it.

and I did also note TP can take him down , actually
    Last edited by Matt the Manly; 05-30-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Whoa dude chill. I did in fact read your post, did not agree with most of it. For eg, how can a planet exploding be seen outside the sub atomic universe? I mean wouldn't a sun just shining in said universe produce a far greater source of light?

See that is why I did not try to quantify it beyond noting it is beyond planet busting (as actually seen). Because real workd physics tells us that explosion cannot possibly be seen from the normal universe at all unless it is way above solar system busting

Heck at the very least it needs to be a supernova leveo explosion to even light uo the universe.....which again raises the issue of how a sub atomic universe being lighted up can even be seen in the.....non sub atomic universe

Comic Book physics man. Dont try to make sense out of it.

and I did alsos note TP can take him down , actually
    It seemed like you were trying to be short with me, so I responded in kind. For that I apologize for misinterpreting you're words.

However, what I meant was that because it is so small, a mere planet bust would be more than capable of appearing outside of the microverse as well.

The reason the sun in said microverse does not produce enough light to appear outside of it is due to it also being a sub atomic star. It is much smaller than an actual sun and would produce less light.

Since Sentry and Photon are still operating on the same level of power they were going at prior to being shrunk, a mere mountain size explosion would also appear outside of the microverse I would assume.

As for the planet explosion appearing outside of the microverse, would that not be due to the fact that the energy the two men are putting out is mixed in with the explosion thus intensifying it's explosion?

I am just trying to understand what destructive level Sentry operates at. For a long time I always thought he was a Solar System as the minimum and a multi star buster at the most. Now I am unsure what to think on the matter. Thus thread.

You're using really odd hard science efforts to analyze something that doesn't exist in science.

The performance basically marks the Sentry's energy projection as "somewhere well above planet busting".
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-31-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You're using really odd hard science efforts to analyze something that doesn't exist in science.

The performance basically marks the Sentry's energy projection as "somewhere well above planet busting".
    Yea I realized that. Was wondering when you would make a post on this subject. You seem to be the most knowledgeable on the subject.

I wouldn't really have a problem viewing it as something that could waste a solar system, if only for that when it's planet busting while holding back, wasting more planets/a star, particularly with the flare visible into an overlaying universe thing, that's well out there. Certainly the Sentry could just, y'know, keep pumping out energy until it blankets that much of an area.

I'm also honestly fine with "it could waste a bunch of planets at once".

I don't, for myself, see the difference there as superhuge, particularly when the effort to go into otherwise has to subject the microverse to this weird physics and science stuff that, I mean, it's not like the microverse is a thing that could possibly exist ever in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I don't, for myself, see the difference there as superhuge, particularly when the effort to go into otherwise has to subject the microverse to this weird physics and science stuff that, I mean, it's not like the microverse is a thing that could possibly exist ever in anything.
    Oh you never know. Our universe could be just that for all we know .

Oh you never know. Our universe could be just that for all we know .
    THe ending of several of the Men in Black movies would like to sue you now ;p

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Pre-worm food of course. A lot of people class him as a SS buster due to this scan here:
    <snip>

Thing is, they were shrunk down in terms of size. It said nothing about their power. This is the microverse, which is so small that it can't be seen by the human eye. If their power was not scaled down along with their bodies, then all they would need to do is unleash at least some planet busters to have it appear outside of the microverse.
    I am unclear as to your argument here. Maybe I am misunderstanding your argument, but it sounds like you are saying that when a character is sent to the Microverse, their energy projection capabilities do not shrink with them, and therefore they produce as much energy as they do when in the Macroverse.

Therefore, if I understand your argument correctly, this would mean characters who planet busted in the Microverse were actually only exerting an infinitesimal fraction of the power required to blow up a normal-sized planet. Vice-versa, this would imply that, as the Microverse is basically a subuniverse of the Marvel universe, where Earthlike planets are the size of atoms or smaller, (some versions, IIRC, would have them at the size of atomic nuclei) any character with energy projection on a scale greater than 'atom-buster' is a multi-world-destroying threat in the Microverse. Wasp? Planet buster. Boom Boom? Planet buster. Jubilee? Planet Buster.

You can see where I might find some fault with such an argument.

If both Sentry and Photon were shrunk in size only, while still running on the same power they use when they are at their normal size, then having their attacks appear outside of the microverse would not, and should not, be an example of solar system busters. Hell, an energy attack that is the size of a mountain can also appear outside of the microverse due to the massive size difference. The only reason we know they are unleashed enough power to bust a planet is because the narration says so.
    Has the bolded actually happened in comics? That is, has a character unleashed an energy blast the size of a Microverse mountain, and had it be visible in the regular-sized Marvel universe? If so, I'll totally concede the point. That would imply that Marvel was being very wonky in how things translated between the two frames. Normally, if power is assumed scaled down, I'd say a mountain-busting attack would have no business whatsoever being visible outside the Microverse. And if power isn't scaled down, well, refer to the 'Jubilee as planet-buster' argument above.

On the other hand, the amount of energy required to be visible outside of the Microverse if power is scaled down is... pretty immense. I don't think it'd be an exaggeration to say a supernova or the equivalent would be the very least required to generate that kind of flash. And supernovas are well-known solar system busters.

That's pretty much the core argument for the 'solar system-buster' argument - Dude's firing off enough energy to destroy multiple planets and, at a very subatomic scale still produce enough energy that the residual light is visible to the degree of what appears to be a similar size to a candle flame in the normal-sized universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    I am unclear as to your argument here. Maybe I am misunderstanding your argument, but it sounds like you are saying that when a character is sent to the Microverse, their energy projection capabilities do not shrink with them, and therefore they produce as much energy as they do when in the Macroverse.

Therefore, if I understand your argument correctly, this would mean characters who planet busted in the Microverse were actually only exerting an infinitesimal fraction of the power required to blow up a normal-sized planet. Vice-versa, this would imply that, as the Microverse is basically a subuniverse of the Marvel universe, where Earthlike planets are the size of atoms or smaller, (some versions, IIRC, would have them at the size of atomic nuclei) any character with energy projection on a scale greater than 'atom-buster' is a multi-world-destroying threat in the Microverse. Wasp? Planet buster. Boom Boom? Planet buster. Jubilee? Planet Buster.

You can see where I might find some fault with such an argument.
    Except, as you can tell by everyone else agreement, that is exactly what happened. There is no reason for their power to shrink just because their size did. It's the microverse, they shrunk, their power shouldn't have unless stated otherwise.

Has the bolded actually happened in comics? That is, has a character unleashed an energy blast the size of a Microverse mountain,
    Perhaps you misunderstood. An energy blast the size of an actual sized mountain, like Everest or something, if casted inside the microverse, would, and should appear outside of the microverse due to the sheer size.

Combined with the fact that the narration stated they were dishing out enough power to sunder worlds, and not a star, it would seem to be a strength to assume they are star busters from that performance alone.