Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

John Stewart plays piano and (in GL: Mosaic particularly) he appears to be pretty well read; quoting Nietzsche, referencing Proteus and stuff like that.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I believe that was how Hal's commanding officer figured he was GL.

Which makes me appreciate that I don't engage in a violent lifestyle.

The thought that I could recognize someone by how they hit me.....

I remember a segment from BTAS where Bruce used the bat-computer to identify as crook whose jaw he was certain he punched in the past.
    yeah, i remember that.

funny to think that batman probably has hal's distinctive punch now filed in the bat computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Funny, the heavyweight champ in the New Gods ómnibus made Superman real sad when he told Clark not to compare them. The champ had earned his status and wasn’t just gifted the ability.

In any case, why watch any sport then?
    Team sports would probably be different since they're not about pushing individual limits in the same way as individual sports, but I honestly think most individual stuff (track and field etc.) would be toast. I mean, who would care about Usain Bolt in a world where there are 10+ variations of The Flash running around at the speed of light?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    For some reason I have a hard time believing that pro boxing would still be a thing in the DC Universe. I mean, in a world where you can't throw a rock without hitting someone with superhuman strength and/or fighting skills, what's the point of engaging in two average Joes duking it out?
    Eh. We live in a world where cheetahs run way faster than humans, and dolphins swim way faster than humans, and yet we still watch humans flailing around in the water at the Olympics (which, to dolphins, must look about as much like 'swimming' as a pregnant yak drowning)...

Similarly, we still watch boxing, despite mixed martial arts being a thing, and soccer remains popular despite 99.9% of us having perfectly usable hands. Some people even like horse racing stuff, even though cars replaced them before most of us were born.

In conclusion; people = weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh. We live in a world where cheetahs run way faster than humans, and dolphins swim way faster than humans, and yet we still watch humans flailing around in the water at the Olympics (which, to dolphins, must look about as much like 'swimming' as a pregnant yak drowning)...

Similarly, we still watch boxing, despite mixed martial arts being a thing, and soccer remains popular despite 99.9% of us having perfectly usable hands. Some people even like horse racing stuff, even though cars replaced them before most of us were born.

In conclusion; people = weird.
    We're veering off topic here, but I think you're equating things from profoundly different categories (horses and cars, human sprinters and cheetahs etc.) while someone like The Flash and all his speedster buddies and villains in the DC universe are world-wide celebrities and very much human. Then again, this is all silly, theoretical and at it's core arbitrary.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Retired

Boxing is a sport of strategy as much as physical strength and endurance. And there are different weight classes in boxing. So it's obviously not about finding the most powerful people and having them beat on each other. There's more to it.

Different heroes would fall into different classes, like the weight classes. So a boxing match would pair up those who are evenly matched.

I always liked the stories where aliens would impose certain rules on the Justice League and then have them compete in a test of strength and skill, and if they broke the rules they would lose and pay a penalty. I liked those fights better than the simple slugfests with super-villains, because there was more strategy involved.

Here's two Jonah Hex-related ones:
    Jonah likes thicc women
    RCO017 (1).jpg

Alfred is a Jonah Hex fan
    98e9d62b0637fe2-a-nw-p.jpg
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Batman sits to pee.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Batman sits to pee.
    wat now...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Jonah likes thicc women
    RCO017 (1).jpg

Jonah & I may have something in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Jonah likes thicc women
    RCO017 (1).jpg

I can't fault Hex's tastes .

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

At first they preferred veggies to sweets, and later, it was CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's been said that truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction is supposed to make sense.
    Fiction is made up, unlike what happens in real life.

Fiction doesn't have to make sense, it's entirely up to the writer since they control every aspect of it. If a fictional character does something dumb, acts out of previously established character (for a medium, such as comics, where characters have multiple writers over their existence instead of just one), etc., they have the excuse that they're a fictional character with absolutely no autonomy whatsoever, but completely at the mercy of the author.

Real-life people have no such excuse. Anything dumb they do is all them. People are frequently irrational and do things that don't make sense. When you have people in real life doing things like snorting condoms for instance, yeah, you can't make something like that up.

Which is why when I read people talking about how silly it is for, say, a man to dress up in a bat costume, that still isn't as silly as some of the stuff people do in real life (e.g., the aforementioned condom snorting, "planking" on a balcony railing several stories up and unsurprisingly falling to their death, etc.). Hence the saying that truth is stranger than fiction.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Batman sits to pee.
    those costumes do need zippers (or button fly's) in the front...