Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure I watched a Linkara review once that showed Batman hated rock and roll .
    It's an alternate reality Batman, though, and a pretty tongue in cheek comic.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I think Barry liked Jazz, but I can't remember where I read it.

PS: I spent the entirety of the 90's believing Nightwing was into country music. Later I realized I never read that anywhere, it was just the mullet that gave me that thought.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Alfred liked reading crime stories, particularly Artemis Fowl.

Aquaman's a beer drinker.

Black Canary prefers Soder Cola to Zesti.

Depending on who wrote her, back in the day, Oracle either played a ton of videogames or was fairly ignorant of them (sometimes in the same month).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Clark has read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' at least a dozen times.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Stolen from the satellite JLA thread

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Martian Manhunter was very fond of Oreo cookies.

I find it hard to believe Aquaman eats fish, given his psychic connection to all sea life. It seems more likely he would eat anything raised on land, as he can't hear it scream.

Aquaman and Some Atlanteans eat Sea food, Aquaman just doesn't believe in killing sealife for sport or in a overabundance rather

BANNED

As far as the thread Ollie and Richards love of women

According to Jiminez, Diana likes ice cream.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think Barry liked Jazz, but I can't remember where I read it.
    It's been mentioned various times in various places. During that month he was in the 30th Century before COIE, he rebuilt the Cosmic Treadmill so that he could go back to his own time period to retrieve his jazz albums. This was when he met his own granddaughter, XS.

PS: I spent the entirety of the 90's believing Nightwing was into country music. Later I realized I never read that anywhere, it was just the mullet that gave me that thought.
    Dick and Wally were into White Zombie during the mid-1990s, but both were Beatles fans during the Silver Age.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Stolen from the satellite JLA thread

Well, never knew Hal liked Pink Floyd. Good taste.

BANNED

Powergirl used to collect porcelain, I think, might have been art, and had a bit of a competition with Bruce about it.

Raven used to like black candles and a particular brand of incense according to Beast Boy. Has read Edgar Allen Poe's Purloined Letter at one point and remembered enough of it to arrive at a crime scene at the same time as the Midnighter. New 52 appears to quite like her own tribute band which seems to be a gothic-metal outfit.

Tim Drake felt embarassed when Conner found out he listened to Depeche Mode... he claimed the CD was a gift from someone.

Bart Allen actually liked hanging around Tim Drake because it made him feel stupid, but in a good way after Bart read an entire library.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I find it hard to believe Aquaman eats fish, given his psychic connection to all sea life. It seems more likely he would eat anything raised on land, as he can't hear it scream.
    Considering he could tap into Martian's aquatic ancestors, I am pretty sure he could do the same with cows. Though I suppose I have to ask; What do Atlanteans eat normally if not fish? Seaweed?

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    J'onn watches Sailor Moon.
    Wait what? I thought that would have been M'Gann who indulged in that bit.

This thread really hammers home how DC superheroes tend to be boring straight arrows with not a subversive bone in their bodies. I mean, I guess it makes sense, but would it kill a writer to make someone a fan of, I don't know, Riot Grrrl punk, Max Ernst, Francis Bacon, Karl-Heinz Stockhausen, Broad City or women's footwear?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Ollie's finest foods presents:

Astonishing Member

does oliver queen still love chili?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    This thread really hammers home how DC superheroes tend to be boring straight arrows with not a subversive bone in their bodies. I mean, I guess it makes sense, but would it kill a writer to make someone a fan of, I don't know, Riot Grrrl punk, Max Ernst, Francis Bacon, Karl-Heinz Stockhausen, Broad City or women's footwear?
    I mean they want the references to resonate with the readers. So obscure tastes don't really achieve that.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.