Default The Wonder Box: Mysteries Of Wonder Woman's Amazing, New Costume

Alright...what's with the shadowy, v-shaped crotch vortex, under Wonder Woman's belt?

This new, jabby, pointy, crotch thing is the most perplexing part of her new outfit and doesn't have any readily apparent purpose to non-Kryptonians, like myself. Does it have a name that's printable on a 'happy meal' or juice bx? Will we see the Invisible Jet come flying outta' there, next month? Is that where she hides her supporting cast? What's she got, the BERMUDA TRIANGLE, down there?! Why's it there, ..andt what's its power?

Why's it black? She's wearing a red, blue and gold costume, and here's this pitch-black, v-shaped patch or peeka'boo basket, smack in the middle of all those primary colors? I don't understand how that happened, artistically? WHY is it black?

What in Hades is that thing? I have to know!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-16-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

It's a (hideous) modesty shield?

BANNED

To me it looks like a banner, the themysciran banner. The V stands for vagina and it's their national symbol

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    To me it looks like a banner, the themysciran banner. The V stands for vagina and it's their national symbol
    Power Girl has a window in her costume, highlighting a certain dynamic part of her female anatomy. It's powerful. In-your-face. It's an artistic expression of declarative womanism. It says to the male-dominated world, "Here I am, ..woman, without apology! Deal with these!" Given the context, ..I think Wonder Woman's v-shaped, crotch-window could be a similarly declarative statement.

My first thoughts...Wonder Woman has this wild mane of jet black hair, and here we have this v-shaped, pitch black shadow, where her crotch would plausibly be. Is this Amazon empowerment fashion? Why is it v-shaped? Why is it black? WHAT is its purpose and power?

Revolutionary. Exciting...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-18-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Power Girl has a window in her costume, highlighting a certain dynamic part of her female anatomy. It's powerful. In-your-face. It's an artistic expression of declarative womanism. It says to the male-dominated world, "Here I am, ..woman, without apology! Deal with these!" Given the context, ..I think Wonder Woman's v-shaped, crotch-window could be a similarly declarative statement.

My first thoughts...Wonder Woman has this wild mane of jet black hair, and here we have this v-shaped, pitch black shadow, where her crotch would plausibly be. Is this Amazon empowerment fashion? Why is it v-shaped? Why is it black? WHAT is its purpose and power?

image.jpg

Love everyone's take on this. lmao

BANNED

That V has the power of black hole.

You are aware that the boob-window has made Power Girl the butt of numerous jokes, right? Besides, they covered it up with an 'S' like Superman's.

Incredible Member

Power Girl's boob window says "We're male artists drawing boobs for male readers". I feel like that's pretty clear.

Some of us typically take things so seriously here...I must confess that I'm amazed we haven't found more people, who want to have deep, philosophical discussions about Wonder Woman's ridiculous crotch vortex! LOL. I was actually having FUN with this topic.

Hate the new costume. It's supposed to be so much better, than the original. Fail...

Astonishing Member

Some of us typically take things so seriously here...I must confess that I'm amazed we haven't found more people, who want to have deep, philosophical discussions about Wonder Woman's ridiculous crotch vortex! LOL. I was actually having FUN with this topic.

Hate the new costume. It's supposed to be so much better, than the original. Fail...
    Oh, Mel--don't tell us when you've been sarcastic! One of my favorite things about your posts is that I often can't tell whether you're being serious or not. Please don't spoil the magic!

Okay...what is up with that Masonic-looking 'V' thing, over Diana's crotch?

It appears to be flat and made of shiny, heavy material, like leather or vinyl - not a 'crotch vortex', as I previously believed. So, what the hell is it? Is it a weapon, like a throwing 'V'? Does Wonder Woman now throw her 'V' at you, whenever she wants to settle something, ..and is it powerful enough to knck a man down? If it's just a symbol, what is it a symbol of, ..and what is its relevance to the Amazons, who must surely know what it means or signifies, when they see it?

Seriously...like...what is that supposed to represent?

Is this mysterious 'V' a tie-in for the upcoming movie? If so, that's fine, but would like to know. You will also find this Masonic-looking thing prominently featured in Gal Gadot's WW costume for Batman v Superman, ..on her belt and on her crown. In fact, Gal's costume is literally covered in Masonic-looking junk, like the stars and the eagle on her shield; so, it's clear that the 'V' is very deliberately included...

But, ..why?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-16-2015 at 01:18 PM.