Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Hasn't it been said several times that Apoclypse is going to incorporate cgi. I would imagine if that is the case his set photo look will be different from the final look in the movie.
    Actually I haven't read anything that said CGI would be involved for Apocalypse's look itself. Plus, if they were going to use CGI on the character, then they really shouldn't publish any pictures with the guy in a crappy cosplay suit. That just confuses fans.

As it stands this is the weakest Apocalypse I've ever seen.

BANNED

Really hope you're being sarcastic here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

My bet is that they wanted to make Apocalypse look different than Ronan the Accuser, especially his movie incarnation.

Apocalypse has grey skin with blue lips and blue face markings. Ronan has a gray/blue face with black lips and black face markings. Both are physically impressive individuals with sci-fi/alien body armor.

In the comics the two appear very distinct from one another but once you transition those characters into the real world, things become blurred. Imagine the apocalypse from these preview images with comic-accurate skin markings and face coloration. He would look vaguely like Ronan. The masses don't know who Apocalypse is, they will call him a rip off of Ronan. By changing his appearance slightly, they have created a distinct look.

Now this isn't to say you couldn't have done some fancy make up and made the grey skin work. In fact, we all know they could have made it work. So my guess is that the blue skin plays a role in the film. I mean we have 4 blue character in the film now - Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler and Apocalypse. My gut tells me there is something maybe going on here.

Also, if they had gone for the grey skin with blue lipstick (like the after credits scene in DoFP), it would have made Mister Sinister's unique appearance look less distinct and creepy ("Oh he's just Apocalypse with a red gem. Lame.").
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 07-16-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Actually I haven't read anything that said CGI would be involved for Apocalypse's look itself. Plus, if they were going to use CGI on the character, then they really shouldn't publish any pictures with the guy in a crappy cosplay suit. That just confuses fans.

As it stands this is the weakest Apocalypse I've ever seen.
    I'm amazed how much you know about a movie that is only done 5 weeks of casting. How do you know what will or won't be in the final film?

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    I'm amazed how much you know about a movie that is only done 5 weeks of casting. How do you know what will or won't be in the final film?
    I still remember when the people were saying that Heath Ledger would the worst Joker ever.

Had to share...

First, for fun:

And then, for the awesome:
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    I'm guessing you meant filming, since casting was over and done with a while back.

If they are showing this in EW it's because that is probably going to be the final look of the film. Studios rarely show pictures in EW if that is not the finished product.

Hopefully since they are still filming, Fox will do something about all the negative feedback the pictures have generated and maybe do some CGI over Isaccs (like what happened to the Orc leader in The Hobbit films).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Had to share...

First, for fun:

Sadly the first picture was more on the money.

BANNED

Had to share...

First, for fun:

If they looked like your final picture, maybe I could overlook the crappy cosplay Apocalypse.

Spectacular Member

The final has not even gotten close to wrapping. The first cut of the movie has not even been made. Again I am amazed how much you seem to think you know about a film that is in process of being made.

It got a great response at SDCC and many writers have remarked how well the character costume designs look so far. It seems a very few amount of fans want to poo poo over it. If you don't like it please don't go see it. I bet you it makes money and has lots of fans who will like it.

Had to share...

Yeah, the one on the right looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Yeah, the one on the right looks much better.
    I'm hoping that when the vfx are added in, he looks a little bit more like the right pic.

I'm still super-excited for this movie though, it's just don't know why they made Apocalypse's face so purple-ish when it would have looked great in grey.

Spectacular Member

I'm hoping that when the vfx are added in, he looks a little bit more like the right pic.

I'm still super-excited for this movie though, it's just don't know why they made Apocalypse's face so purple-ish when it would have looked great in grey.
    I think its just the type of photo effect. On the magazine cover his face is more bluish and even the bootleg trailer looks more blue than purple.

I'm very happy by the way Storm, Apocalypse and Psylocke look! They very comic accurate but with a "real life" sophistication to it…..
    Apocalypse didn't bothered my that much but seeing this second photoshop image he could definitely look better/more menacing

One thing that bothers me is it look like the X-team uniform doesn't look that colorful finally.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Really hope you're being sarcastic here.
    Welcome to the internet lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html