Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

IT:Chapter 2 will release on September 6, 2019

BANNED

They better be getting more money to fuck with and just being totally crazy with a year between them. Otherwise they should have just shot the whole thing at once so they could have the second part ready to go next year.

BANNED

considering horror is only now just seeing a bit of a rebound in the box office, there was no guarantee of a "Chapter 2", it was let's make this one and hopefully it does well, we can do another

it wasn't an automatic greenlight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    He likes to strike fear in kids and likes to eat them but he seems to gain power from fear yet they can beat him time and time again. He seems like a weak entity. You mentioned how Pennywise can't leave this place. This is something that would have made things more interesting if they had gone deeper into the mythology and explain that situation that he's an alien and to survive he has to do that. Then the kids could have focused on that.

Logically if he feeds on the fear of kids, he should be invincible. Nightmare on Elm Street at least gave a logical out in that if you sleep, Freddy can kill you so that could try not to sleep. With Pennywise, he feeds on fear but how on Earth can you stop having fears as kids? Especially given that he can also create the perfect nightmares for you?
    He doesn't get stronger from fear. It just makes kids taste better.

Saw IT today. My g/f and I both enjoyed It. And if they don't get Amy Adams to play the adult Beverly, they better find some actress who looks kind of like her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    "salts the meat"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    considering horror is only now just seeing a bit of a rebound in the box office, there was no guarantee of a "Chapter 2", it was let's make this one and hopefully it does well, we can do another

it wasn't an automatic greenlight
    It's a $35 million dollar movie studio movie. Going in double and making two movies isn't a risk, hell, they'll probably be spending more on it now than if they'd done them together.

Horror also isn't just now rebounding, in fact this movie is made by the same studio that does the The Conjuring movies; both of those did well, and the last one is from last year. WB has been having success with horror movies every year since 2012.

BANNED

I don't bother with The Conjuring movies

The Warrens are from here in CT and they are full of s**t

complete and utter s**t

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    In the movie he does seem to become stronger with fear, or at least he becomes weaker when they aren't afraid. It, who I can only guess is King's Freddy Krueger, seems to run on very similar rules to Krueger...while also having less clear rules. In the house It goes back after two of the boys when they start realizing it isn't real and they're being less afraid, this is also the first time they're able to hurt him. At the end of the movie when they aren't afraid of him anymore is when they're finally able to beat him.

Thinking about it, they should have had Freddy Krueger be one of the monsters IT turns into. It's a WB movie, they're the ones that own A Nightmare on Elm Street. Would have made more sense given it's an '80s movie too. Could have switched The Mummy out for The Exorcist, or had The Exorcist be the bed bit in the movie.

BANNED

complete and utter s**t
    I can't even tell what you're trying to say. The point is WB having success with horror movies isn't new, IT is just their most recent, and that string of success is five years old now.

Is that the name of the people from the movie? I haven't watched them either. But they do do well none the less.

complete and utter s**t
    Same with Amityville Horror house just hoaxs like you said full of shit. Look up all their cases and you will see people who live in the houses shoot down all the nonsense the Warrens saw. I believe it was Amityville house that the later owners said the worst thing they had to deal with were fans showing up to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    I can't even tell what you're trying to say. The point is WB having success with horror movies isn't new, IT is just their most recent, and that string of success is five years old now.

Is that the name of the people from the movie? I haven't watched them either. But they do do well none the less.
    He is saying that they are being pushed as based on real stories, but the stories came from the Warren's who are known hacks that "investigate" and then try to profit off of the fake stories by pushing them as real.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Same with Amityville Horror house just hoaxs like you said full of shit. Look up all their cases and you will see people who live in the houses shoot down all the nonsense the Warrens saw. I believe it was Amityville house that the later owners said the worst thing they had to deal with were fans showing up to the house.
    RE: Amityville - one of the recent docs I saw painted a more realistic picture, that it was a Mob thing

apparently the father or a relative owed lots of money and tried to fight attempts to collect

anyway- as it relates to the next chapter, I would much prefer lesser known actors in the adult roles

I liked how the marquee on the movie theater had Batman for the first part of the movie. I mean, the Joker's the only clown who's ever scared me.

Mighty Member

Great new version! i enjoyed it and i enjoyed the miniseries since i was 9 when it aired on ABC and the book since i was 11 and this version nicely updates the timeline to the 80s which i can relate to since i grew up in the late 80s as a kid and nice acting, some decent practical effects in some spots and Pennywise is quite a creepy clown like Curry's.

Sequel might be even better.