Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 Reasons Why "X-Men: Apocalypse" Might Be The Best X-Movie Ever

The first batch of photos from "X-Men: Apocalypse" show signs that the film may be the most comic accurate installment to date.

Full article here.

Anonymous Henchman MatthewBlack's Avatar

Reason #6: No real competition from the other X-Movies

Reason #7: It's not a Disney Movie.

Anyways, im so exicted for this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The first batch of photos from "X-Men: Apocalypse" show signs that the film may be the most comic accurate installment to date.

Full article here.
    I'm sorry Brett, but that Apocalypse costume sucks. I've seen cosplay that looks better, COSPLAY!!!!!! You would think a big Hollywood Studio movie with an over $100 million budget could do better!!!!!

CGI or motion capture would have probably been a better choice for Apocalypse.

BANNED

And, as usual, adherence to the source material has no actual bearing on the quality of the film, thus rendering reason 3 moot.

Incredible Member

Fox has a solid handle on the X-Franchise. I'm not overtly worried about it. At worst it will be a solid watch.

Now, Fantastic Four on the other hand....

BANNED

1. They are fighting Ivan Ooze

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Fox has a solid handle on the X-Franchise. I'm not overtly worried about it. At worst it will be a solid watch.

Now, Fantastic Four on the other hand....
    Most FOX X-Men movies taken individual are quite nice and boast some great character moments even though they are guilty of wallpapering characters in favor of featuring a core cast over and over again. So I do enjoy the X-Movies, don't get me wrong....

BUT taken as a whole, FOX has made a real mess of the franchise. It's more confusing than X-Men continuity in the 1990's,

I am also sure once all the special effects have been added those costumes will look good, but as of right now? Decent cosplay at best!
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-16-2015 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

No wolverine ( at least in a major role) is a selling point for me.
    Fassbenders Magneto can do no wrong though.

Mighty Member

Whatever your opinion of Marvel Studios is they have managed to make 11 entertaining movies, 5 shorts, 2 seasons of SHIELD, 1 season of Agent Carter, and 1 season of Daredevil, a huge amount of content that has varied in quality from good to awesome and has managed to build an expansive world and a timeline that makes sense.

FOX, on the other hand, have 7 movies out of which 2 were unwatchable (W:Origins and X-Men 3: TLS), 1 (The Wolverine) was brought down by its atrocious third act so much so that I consider it worse than the worst of Marvel, and 4 pretty great to awesome movies. Their world building has been good although the timeline is so confusing and distorted there is no way anyone can make sense of it... I dare anyone who disagrees with me to give it a shot :P
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-16-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Kind of putting the cart before the horse, don't you think? Mystique is not a first-stringer that they featured prominently in the movies. Mystique's featured prominently in the movies, thus became a first-stringer. She was at best at the same level as Havok and Banshee in 2000.

No Wolverine!
    Great article.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm adopting a firm "wait-and-see" policy on this movie. I've been burned too many times by Fox. How many times have they introduced characters to have them be little more than wallpaper? I feel like aside from the main characters, every mutant Fox has introduced has just been a CGI set-up: "hey, let's show this power!" with no real development or connection to anything resembling the source material (though, I agree, adherence to source material by no means guarantees a good movie). Just think of Juggernaut, Sunspot, Gambit, Blob, Blink, Quicksilver, the list goes on.

I'm not getting my hopes up that these new X-men are anything more than a reason for a special effect.

Spectacular Member

The previous X-Men films were always summer blockbuster special effects films but not 'comic book films' like Superman, Dick Tracy, Batman, etc. The didn't want to be visually identified as the comic books so they embraced The Matrix look and toned it down so it was sci fi/action but not comic book.

Until now.

FINALLY we get an, X-Men COMIC BOOK MOVIE!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    1. They are fighting Ivan Ooze
    yeah i was thinking the same D: !! it does not even have blue marks on his mouth
    Last edited by Gil; 07-16-2015 at 02:54 PM.