View Poll Results: Who is your best Star Trek main character Chief Engineer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prime Montgomery Scott (Star Trek: The Original & Animated Series)

12 38.71%
  • Geordi La Forge (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

3 9.68%
  • Miles O'Brien (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

11 35.48%
  • B'Elanna Torres (Star Trek: Voyager)

4 12.90%
  • Charles Tucker III (Star Trek: Enterprise)

1 3.23%
  • New Montgomery Scott (New Star Trek)

0 0%

Default Who is your best Star Trek main character Chief Enginner?

Captains
    http://community.comicbookresources....racter-Captain

Doctors
    http://community.comicbookresources....aracter-Doctor
    ----------------------------------

*Couldn't find a pic that also had New Scotty in it, but whatever.

Our polls of looking at the best of recurring Trek positions continues with the Chief Engineers. A certain Scotsman once said that a ship is only as good as the engineer who takes care of her. And as we've seen throughout Trek's run, the ships (and station) have been in good hands. While of course out-of-universe the writers are the ones who determine all of that, it's through the Chief Engineers that the ships (and station) stay in tiptop shape for whatever troubles are encountered in space.

In this poll, give a vote on who is your personal favorite: Prime Scotty, La Forge, O'Brien, Torres, Tucker, or New Scotty.

maybe Scotty, he's classic and I find the whole Star Trek universe to have great characters and interesting story but I never really had time to get into it all because maybe its also a little too deep and too geeky. I liked JJ's take even if he didn't make originality it was entertaining

I canna vote for anyone other than Scotty, Cap'n!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Gotta be obrien. He was working with alien tech most of the time and still made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Gotta be obrien. He was working with alien tech most of the time and still made it work.
    O'Brien is at the top of my 'cast members I would most like to hang out with' list. The character just seems like the guy you would love to have drinks with.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Scott for me. Tucker was my favorite character on Enterprise, but none of that cast would make my favorite picks. Him and O'Brien get honorable mentions. O'Brien, for clawing his way up from background to main cast and fan favorite.

O'Brien.

Can we do "favorite red shirt" next?

This is the only one I'm not voting for; they'll all rubbish! Why has Star Trek never made an interesting Chief Engineer????
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I love Scotty and O'Brien, but I voted for Trip, as besides the Andorians an the Beagle, he was pretty much the saving grace in Enterprise. He was a lot more interesting than his captain (Not that that's saying much)
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

When they recast Colm Meaney's part in Life On Mars with Harvey Kietel, I decided to never watch the show on that basis alone - because if you can make a mistake like that before your show even starts, who knows what boners you'll pull once that thing gets going? From what I hear of the show, I was absolutely correct to prejudge something on the flimsiest of pretexts, so I've lived my entire life on that basis ever since. Naturally, I ended up talking about comics and Star Trek on internet forums.

Anyway, my point is Chief O'Brien is the correct answer. It helps that apart from being played by one of Ireland's hardest-working and most underrated actors, Chief got some things to do that gave him real character, and existed in a more interesting and believably multicultural environment than the other Trek shows.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Gotta go with classic Scotty. O'Brien was cool too. I just wish they'd made him more like Colm Meaney's character in The Commitments.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

B'Elanna Torres (with the exception of season 1, during which I could not stand her!).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES