Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Spider-Woman, #9

• Jessica Drew might have solved the first mystery Ben Urich threw her way, but he's got one or two more cases up his sleeve from other cities in the U.S. of A!
    • It's a road trip with Spider-Woman, Ben Urich and the Porcupine!
    • Destination: JUSTICE.

Full article here.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

"I'd enjoy this book more if the protagonist was 8 1/2 months pregnant."

~no one. ever.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    "I'd enjoy this book more if the protagonist was 8 1/2 months pregnant."

~no one. ever.
    Calm down, I'm sure the solicitation cover was purely for shock and awe purposes. I'd expect the kid will actually already be born and causing her endless trouble somewhere in the eight month time jump off page.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Did they switch colorists mid stream of this preview? Her hair went from black on one page to brown on the next...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Did they switch colorists mid stream of this preview? Her hair went from black on one page to brown on the next...
    Maybe she was using really cheap hair dye... :P

Jessica Drew doesn't have natural black hair (she's a natural blonde/dirty blonde/light brown hair based on the source)
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

All-New Member

That 59 Eldorado is doomed.

Astonishing Member

They lost me with the new direction. The artist does some decent cover work, but his interiors looks better-suited to Archie Comics.

I take it that secret identity comment was sarcasm, considering Jess doesn't even wear a real mask anymore and her "costume" is on 24/7. That, and probably the entire NYPD already know who she is by now .

I love how Jessica somehow has a bikini costume .

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun, which makes it all the more disappointing that we'll be hitting Last Days so soon befoer Jess could really settle in this status quo...and then she gets hit with her post-Secret War status quo. I wonder if all these adventures with Ben (and Porcupine) will build up her and Ben's relationship enough to where they could believably hook up?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I take it that secret identity comment was sarcasm, considering Jess doesn't even wear a real mask anymore and her "costume" is on 24/7. That, and probably the entire NYPD already know who she is by now .

I love how Jessica somehow has a bikini costume .

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun, which makes it all the more disappointing that we'll be hitting Last Days so soon befoer Jess could really settle in this status quo...and then she gets hit with her post-Secret War status quo. I wonder if all these adventures with Ben (and Porcupine) will build up her and Ben's relationship enough to where they could believably hook up?
    I always figured there was no way her secret identity could have possibly survived Secret Invasion.

... and I really hope Porcupine doesn't turn out to be the father...

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I always figured there was no way her secret identity could have possibly survived Secret Invasion.

... and I really hope Porcupine doesn't turn out to be the father...
    As did I, which is how I remember responding to a comment on her secret identity status back in the thread for #5.

And I doubt it, considering Roger already has a daughter and a girlfriend/wife that he seems pretty dedicated to .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think it is brown because the hair is wet.

the story of old people assaulting remembers be of the recent story on howard the duck

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    They lost me with the new direction. The artist does some decent cover work, but his interiors looks better-suited to Archie Comics.
    I like the art, it fits the tone of the books I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    I like the art, it fits the tone of the books I find.
    Same here, I love the style - and the coloring, the brilliant yellows and simple shadows. Really cool look.

Unhappy

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, however this bizarre new direction reminds me of passing by a train wreck while driving on an adjacent roadway. I want to look away, but I can't seem to force myself.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-18-2015 at 09:01 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."