Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Basketball. I played (badly) as a kid and coached youth league hoops for 25 years (somewhat successfully). It is my favorite sport.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Good question. For me, it would definitely be hockey.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I played little league baseball. If my mom could have arranged a car pool I would be the next Willie Mays Hays.

I do love baseball and wish I was better at it. but I am also lazy so all of those games a week nope.

I really have been getting into Golf so I would like that.

Or PBA.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Pinball, old school pinball. Very little chance of PTSD's. I like that.

Baseball. Either third base or pitcher. I never played organized baseball, but I did a bunch of clinics as a kid through my local high school and was always pretty accurate at throwing. Never got far enough to know if I had "stuff" but I could throw strikes. At least I could at 8. And third base is my favorite position to play on MLB: The Show.

I find no enjoyment in team sports, and very little in sports overall. It has always seemed to me to be society's way of valuing athletic talent over academic or artistic.

The only two sports I have ever enjoyed are fencing and archery, so being freakishly talented in one of those would be nice, but it wouldn't bring in the big bucks or grant me the immunity to both the law and rules of common human decency that most pro athletes seem to have.

Apologies for a downer. I'm not feeling well and my natural filters are down.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I find no enjoyment in team sports, and very little in sports overall. It has always seemed to me to be society's way of valuing athletic talent over academic or artistic.

The only two sports I have ever enjoyed are fencing and archery, so being freakishly talented in one of those would be nice, but it wouldn't bring in the big bucks or grant me the immunity to both the law and rules of common human decency that most pro athletes seem to have.

Apologies for a downer. I'm not feeling well and my natural filters are down.
    Some sports are cheering me up like an early bike ride in the morning or evening with few people on the streets. It keeps me from feeling boxed in or some days l feel like I have achieved something. Also my back requires a certain level of activity to stay painless. No gym for me, though. Chiseling my body...thats kinda narcissistic and or maybe I lack the discipline

Back on topic: boxing
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-03-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Pinball, old school pinball. Very little chance of PTSD's. I like that.
    Process of exploring my recent newfound interest in pinball now that retirement is in my near future. Checking out all the new (to me) machines like the Deadpool & Ghostbusters (Stern) & I'm hearing very good things about the Pirates of the Caribbean (Jersey Jack) machine. What a cool hobby.

I'd be a Left Fielder in the MLB.

Strong defensively, contact hitter for average. Go for Ripken's Ironman record and the all-time hit leader.

Throw in a .411 season and break the homerun record while batting .286 when everyone says I can't hit homeruns then go back to hitting-for-average ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Process of exploring my recent newfound interest in pinball now that retirement is in my near future. Checking out all the new (to me) machines like the Deadpool & Ghostbusters (Stern) & I'm hearing very good things about the Pirates of the Caribbean (Jersey Jack) machine. What a cool hobby.
    There are some sick machines out there. But sadly rthey are out of my price range. S o I got Pinball Hall of Fame The Gottlieb Collection and Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection on the Psp. have drained so many hours into those games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Baseball and it's not even a hard question, best combination of total money/guaranteed contracts/length of contracts/length of career/ and provided you're not a pitcher or catcher it's also much easier on your body than football(be it gridiron, association, rugby, etc), Basketball, or Hockey. Also biggest dopamine rush I ever had as a kid was barreling a baseball. I imagine it never gets old especially at higher levels when you're hitting it 450 feet.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 06-04-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Baseball (1st base), or racing, either Indy Car or rally.

Martial Arts (I did study Tae Kwon Do as an adult, but I would have enjoyed starting it sooner, in High School)

Tennis (I took lessons in High School, but could never find a partner to play with)

Basketball

Probably a few others, though those are the first three I thought of.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I was about to say Golf but realized I had already said that back in 2015 ��