Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I agree with Morrison's concerns. I'm really looking forward to what he does with the character. I especially am looking forward to him rehabilitating the poor Amazons, who Azzarello completely destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    To be a Diplomat she would have to bring the amazons to modern civilization and start their. She does not get to preach to other people before taking care of her homefront first. And she Really shouldn't be obligated to being a Diplomat either only be a level head like she is now in most her books that like adventure and protecting people.
    Not sure what you mean. In order for a society to engage in diplomacy with other societies, that society must "enter" those societies and engage in a back-and-forth dialog to teach as well as learn? Isn't that WW's duty as a diplomat? Wasn't that the job tasked to her (in most interpretations I'm familiar with, anyway...who knows what the movie version will be)? Not sure why she isn't obligated to follow through.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He determined that she's aggressive from a second of footage of her fighting? Not a fair judgment.
    He was only referring to how the trailer makes her look. Which is what my statement was based on too.

multiverseman

I'm actually way way over people telling me what the "creators intended" when it's convenient. I truly don't care what the creators intended, especially when it was 50 years ago and they never owned the character. This goody goody boyscout Superman isn't what the creators intended, but people happily discard that when they want to tear down Snyder's Superman or any interpretation they don't like. I really don't care what they intended. The character is now, what it is now. Let's not try to pretend Wonder Woman isn't (and wasn't) a superhero built and bred for action by men for men.

We barely got any footage of her. She'll probably be the show stealer. I'm more concerned of Superman's characterization.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He was only referring to how the trailer makes her look. Which is what my statement was based on too.
    The trailer doesn't show much of her character one way or another, there isn't enough time presented to display it. Even the most peace loving interpretations of Diana are still ass kickers when they need to be. Marston's Diana threw some punches as well, and Perez's decapitated Deimos, ripped off Cheetah's tail and beat her with it, smashed up Circe's Beastiamorphs, etc. I wouldn't describe either of those takes as inherently aggressive, and Diana smashing her bracelets together in the trailer is pretty mild to those other examples.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I didn't interpret Morrison's comments as judgmental. He said he understands why creators have gone with a more aggressive take on Diana, and then explained why his take is different.

This may be the first wonder woman book i buy in ages. I really like the concept. Also the vagina plane makes sense. Most inventions mirror something people have seen, in an all female culture where they may have never seen a penis it makes sense that things don't look like a guy at full mast.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by multiverseman View Post
    I'm actually way way over people telling me what the "creators intended" when it's convenient. I truly don't care what the creators intended, especially when it was 50 years ago and they never owned the character. This goody goody boyscout Superman isn't what the creators intended, but people happily discard that when they want to tear down Snyder's Superman or any interpretation they don't like. I really don't care what they intended. The character is now, what it is now. Let's not try to pretend Wonder Woman isn't (and wasn't) a superhero built and bred for action by men for men.
    If you don't like what the creators intended, that's fine (I don't always either). But WW was never meant to be a generic action hero and two women were heavily involved in her creation. You can acknowledge that without liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by multiverseman View Post
    So it doesn't matter that the character was created as a counterpoint to violence, except it does because the character was created to evoke violence? Sounds legit.

You don't have to love, or hell care, what the character was created to embody but what it does is show that there's another way to represent the character that falls in line with the vision of the person who knew the character most (their creator).

EDIT: Oh btw, it looks like I'm going to love Morrison's take.

All-New Member

Leaving aside the whole issue of what Snyder is doing or what Marston wanted, I'm digging the prospect that people will see WW in BvS, then go out to buy a graphic novel that has no fights and features a vaginal airplane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When I saw the trailer I was thinking, "why is she here?"

Also I hope Morrison was messing with us when he mentioned "vagina-shaped invisible jet".
    While he'd never get it past editorial -- I'll bet dollars to doughnuts he wasn't...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This may be the first wonder woman book i buy in ages. I really like the concept. Also the vagina plane makes sense. Most inventions mirror something people have seen, in an all female culture where they may have never seen a penis it makes sense that things don't look like a guy at full mast.
    How do you suppose the women of Themyscira got pregnant in in first place... Immaculate Conception?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-17-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm sure they have turkeys on Themiscyra.

It's starting to sound like this would belong in the national geographic channel. It's sounds interesting and this works for a self contained E1 graphic novel because I don't see this type of Wonder Woman working with the Justice League without taking a back seat to characters liked Flash, GL, Superman, ect.

I'll buy it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    I'm sure they have turkeys on Themiscyra.
    Spoken like a true Misogynist...