Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Fantastic Four" May Live On-Screen, Disappear From Comics

CBR News has confirmed that Marvel may be without a "Fantastic Four" series in the near future, stemming from Fox's long-held movie rights.

Full article here.

BANNED

This is really all that needs be said.

On Tumblr, Marvel senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort responded to a fan inquiry on the issue, writing, "My denying rumors isn’t likely to keep anybody who’s prone to paranoia from panicking. But really, does this even seem remotely plausible to people? Does it make any sense? Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    On Tumblr, Marvel senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort responded to a fan inquiry on the issue, writing, "My denying rumors isn’t likely to keep anybody who’s prone to paranoia from panicking. But really, does this even seem remotely plausible to people? Does it make any sense? Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run."
    Yea, Pretty Much what Tom Brevoort Said, I don't take much stock in this at all. I Think this is just Bleeding Cool trying to make a story, fan the flames of the Studio Wars. Would not be the 1st time either I believe too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Um, that's a pretty round-about way of not really confirming anything, wouldn't you agree? If the rumors weren't true, wouldn't he have said so and that the FF comic was going to continue to be published? Talking with James Robinson at a comic convention several months ago, he seemed to have pretty long term plans for the title but I'm not getting that vibe from Brevoort's posting...

Pretty much. Especially that last line "Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run". Yeah, they do. They think it's all like Keeping Up With the Kardashians or something. All drama. It's very strange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    Pretty much. Especially that last line "Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run". Yeah, they do. They think it's all like Keeping Up With the Kardashians or something. All drama. It's very strange.
    Anything to get page views.
    That's how internet "journalism" works.

and when the story turns out to be false, it's always "WELL IT WAS CHANGED BECAUSE OF US!"

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I still don't quite buy the Fox films snub. Characters/teams have been unpublished for years at a time. Wait and see here.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

This is messed up
    We need better comics

I'm with Tom on this one, logically the idea that they will cancel Fantastic Four and Ultimate FF(which are not even connected except by name and a few characters) because they don't have the movie rights is just utterly ridiculous and defies all amount of simple logic and business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm with Tom on this one, logically the idea that they will cancel Fantastic Four and Ultimate FF(which are not even connected except by name and a few characters) because they don't have the movie rights is just utterly ridiculous and defies all amount of simple logic and business sense.
    My thoughts exactly. If Marvel wasn't above snuffing out books that they don't own the movie rights to, then why are X-Men comics still being made?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If Marvel wasn't above snuffing out books that they don't own the movie rights to, then why are X-Men comics still being made?
    The article said it's because X-Men sales are too high to be cancelled but Marvel has stopped promoting them. Though I have to agree that cancelling F4 to spite Fox makes pretty much no sense at all.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Did people saying it's a Bleeding Cool lie read the part in which CBR confirms most of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Because without X-men, the comics division would be bankrrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of posts about BC, BC, BC, Rich, Rich, Rich, and nothing about how CBR seems to have confirmed it with their own anonymous insiders, giving the story some non-gossip site validity.

Funny, that.
    Yep.

BANNED

Wow, I love that super convincing document on Bleeding Cool with no indication that it is from Marvel that could have easily been typed up on any computer and screenshotted. It's very convincing.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is messed up
    Agreed. It's messed up that we even have to talk about it.

I've always wondered why Spider-man shows up everywhere even though he's owned by Sony, I always thought it was because he sold so much. Turns out it's because the Sony deal is different than the Fox deal.

Also, does this article confirm that the FF (616) on-going is gonna stop?
    Last edited by Viteh; 05-30-2014 at 05:57 PM.