Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah, the only way I see the book going on hiatus is if they want to relaunch it in time for the movie. That way stores can put the new book next to the movie merchandise, etc etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I still say that this is most likely false. That if Fantastic Four is put on hiatus, it will have absolutely nothing to do with Fox, and that it would be back around the time of the movie. CEOs still have to answer to a board of directors, and if the guy is making objectively bad decisions for purely emotional reasons, then he's dangerous and unlikely to last. And not even a CEO wants to be fired, so they're not going to make decisions that is clearly based on nothing more than being a pissy little whine-ass.
    Perlmutter is CEO of Disney, not Marvel alone. His job is safe. Frozen is still popular. Marvel's got three box office smashes this year (albeit two as licenses) and good buzz on the next. Star Wars is starting to ignite. ABC's not in the doghouse. ESPN still gets decent ratings. There's another Pixar movie this year too. And they have other big projects in the pipeline: Marvel's Avengers 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, Toy Story 4, Finding Dory and another Indiana Jones.

Fox also increased royalties to Marvel after the Spider-Man deal was made at Sony.

My guess is that this really has more to do with Guardians Of The Galaxy: most of Marvel's cosmic races are tied to The Fantastic Four, and Fox owns those rights — rights they would not give back when Marvel tried to get Galactus for Avengers 2 in exchange for more time on Daredevil 2 for Fox. (Fox opted to just let Daredevil go and concentrate on two properties alone.) That Fox is also looking at TV in competition with Disney's own network may also be a sticking point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    Perlmutter is CEO of Disney, not Marvel alone.
    In which case I doubt he particularly gives even half a shit what goes on in Marvel's publishing division. As long as Marvel isn't losing Disney money, I doubt anyone at Disney really cares what they do.

BANNED

Perlmutter is CEO of Disney, not Marvel alone. His job is safe. Frozen is still popular. Marvel's got three box office smashes this year (albeit two as licenses) and good buzz on the next. Star Wars is starting to ignite. ABC's not in the doghouse. ESPN still gets decent ratings. There's another Pixar movie this year too. And they have other big projects in the pipeline: Marvel's Avengers 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, Toy Story 4, Finding Dory and another Indiana Jones.

Fox also increased royalties to Marvel after the Spider-Man deal was made at Sony.

My guess is that this really has more to do with Guardians Of The Galaxy: most of Marvel's cosmic races are tied to The Fantastic Four, and Fox owns those rights — rights they would not give back when Marvel tried to get Galactus for Avengers 2 in exchange for more time on Daredevil 2 for Fox. (Fox opted to just let Daredevil go and concentrate on two properties alone.) That Fox is also looking at TV in competition with Disney's own network may also be a sticking point too.
    Bob Iger is CEO of Disney, not Perlmutter, who isn't even on the Board.

Bob Iger is the CEO of Disney. Permutter works for him. Perlmutter is CEO of Marvel entertainment and doesn't even have a seat on Disney
    's board. If disneythought he was leaving money on the table out of simple juvenile spite he would soon be gone,

i will be boycotting gotg this summer in response to this behaviour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i will be boycotting gotg this summer in response to this behaviour.
    I hope you'll wait to actually see if this is all BS or not...

there has been more information posted in the last week about this from various sources to indicate a scandal. and the fact that disney/marvel are making NO move whatsoever to refute these claims is alarming. you can spend your dollar where you like, but i respect jack kirby and all the greats that have come before. and i WILL NOT see their legacy ruined by pettiness. i will spend my money elsewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticLovin' View Post
    The lack of any and all Fox-related characters from that promo image is pretty damning, especially with that memo.
    I'm willing to wait and see despite all that.
    No use in making a decision until all the cards are on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm willing to wait and see despite all that.
    No use in making a decision until all the cards are on the table.
    WRONG. wait all you like. the rest of us will be mobilizing and demanding answers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    WRONG. wait all you like. the rest of us will be mobilizing and demanding answers.
    Whatever you say man.

Until I have all the answers or an official word, I won't be getting up in arms.
    Rather be logical about something I care about than get overly emotional and make a mistake I'll regret.

I LOVE the Fantastic Four and they mean the world to me.
    They mean so much that I will wait as long as it takes to get some sort of actual word from the powers that be.
    No use in fussing over something we only know 1/4th of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daltonmunnal View Post
    They did what makes profit for them, not what hurts profit for others. Funny that we as a culture now want to hate big businesses so much that we've moved from bashing them for making business decisions to accusing their business decisions of being petty douchebag decisions instead.
    Hollywood executives are absolutely capable of being complete douchebags when they feel the need. If they can't build up their own position, they'll tear down anyone else they can get their claws on to make themselves LOOK better by comparison.

I correspond rather frequently with someone who has worked in H-wood off and on since the mid-90s and he found the scenario entirely plausible.

I also suggest you read this book: http://www.amazon.com/John-Carter-Ho.../dp/B00AFCZ1S4

Remember, H-wood is the land where billion dollar properties mysteriously turn unprofitable when it suits the corporate need.

https://www.blastr.com/2010/07/11_bi...fi_blockbu.php

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    A silly rumor sourced from Bleedingcool, doesn't deserve to be repeated. It only makes sense if you think five year olds have taken over running Disney
    See the promo poster linked to just a few posts above yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    See the promo poster linked to just a few posts above yours.
    A promo poster isn't enough to say that the Fantastic Four and all Fox owned properties are being phased out.
    What it tells me is that Marvel is either hesitant to promote said properties OR Greg Land and the person in charge of choosing who appeared made a huge mistake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    A promo poster isn't enough to say that the Fantastic Four and all Fox owned properties are being phased out.
    No, but it's 100% in line with the claim that they are.

What it tells me is that Marvel is either hesitant to promote said properties
    Which is the point (or at least one of them)

OR Greg Land and the person in charge of choosing who appeared made a huge mistake.
    Oh come ON...cutting out MAJOR Marvel characters from a big-time deal like the 75th? That's not a "mistake". No way in you-know-where does a major promo piece get designed like that with such glaring omissions unless it's deliberate.

Oh, and that mystery figure on the left that several people thought was Ant Man? I'm guessing Star Lord.