Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Points to ponder about:
    Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    most of us find it weird because we don't really care about x y or z, just good comics. and when they stop being good we bail.
    I exercise caution when claiming "most of us" to state a point, I'd like to be sure of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Maybe in your weird neck of the woods, but out here in reality we care about our characters and seek them out because of who they are..
    You both live in different necks of the woods, that's fine, but not necessarily weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    that's cool but i hang out with adults.
    And the logical conclusion is that (s)he hangs out with, what? Non-adults, in contrast to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    They aren't anyone.
    And they can be fought over by the heirs of their creator as representatives of his creativity that spawned a comic revolution. Some would say they are something rather than someone as they are property, but they are still given value.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    No reason you can't do both.
    Sure, people can buy whatever they want to buy. I was just pointing out that if they continue to buy a book that is not good simply because they are fans of the characters, then all they're doing is helping the bad run continue.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Sure, people can buy whatever they want to buy. I was just pointing out that if they continue to buy a book that is not good simply because they are fans of the characters, then all they're doing is helping the bad run continue.
    The only real reason I follow any comics these days is because of the characters that I've become attached to and you learn to get used to the good with the bad. I also have other avenues of entertainment and I don't buy 20 or 30 comics a week. I just limit it to the characters I am a fan of, which is a very small list these days.

BANNED

Wellllll, I suppoose so. I think we've all been guilty of that sin at some point in our lives. Following certain characters nust becomes routine, and bad run or not, you're invested in their lives.

Of course, we should also be willing to try new things. It's how we grow as both readers and human beings.

BANNED

I've found that my buying or dropping a run doesn't matter at all. No matter what I do the run continues.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've found that my buying or dropping a run doesn't matter at all. No matter what I do the run continues.
    Individually, you are powerless. However, if enough people do the same as you, then runs end rather quickly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Individually, you are powerless. However, if enough people do the same as you, then runs end rather quickly.
    "Individually, you are powerless."

Wow, way to crush my ego

Perhaps but if you really like a character you can more easily over look a flaw someone else might call a deal breaker.

The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the individual.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

"Individually, you are powerless."

Wow, way to crush my ego
    Well, I suppose you could buy a ton of Disney stock and worm your way onto the board of directors. Then your voice would have weight and power!

BANNED

In one way the canceling could help. I'm not sure I would have kept on watching Game of Thrones after the wedding if there hadn't been a few months time gone by before the next new episode. I skipped last night because of last week. What a waste of a character that was.

Fantastic Member

The only way I could see that canceling would help is if it came back with an exciting creative team that combines elements of the old FF and something new.

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    The only way I could see that canceling would help is if it came back with an exciting creative team that combines elements of the old FF and something new.
    which is exactly what we have with the current run...

In one way the canceling could help. I'm not sure I would have kept on watching Game of Thrones after the wedding if there hadn't been a few months time gone by before the next new episode. I skipped last night because of last week. What a waste of a character that was.
    sidetrack: I enjoy the nobody is safe reality of GOT. Makes for high stakes.
    Ok Back on track you go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    sidetrack: I enjoy the nobody is safe reality of GOT. Makes for high stakes.
    Ok Back on track you go.
    As do I but sometimes they push it.