Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This is all bullcrap. The reason they might cancel the book is they cant sell the book. Freaking thing is at on the list 60 after 3 issues. The last series sold poorly as well. Good story but if Fantastic four was selling 100,000 copies a month there would be no talk of canceling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    This is Marvel's own fault these kind of rumors are even considered. Year in year out they have been pushing all the characters they have the movie rights to. And sort of sidelining all other characters. With the exception of spiderman, but as somebody said before, Marvel has a more advantages deal with Sony and Spiderman is the poster boy for marvel. It would be like DC snubbing all Batman books. It would never happen no matter what kind of movie deal.
    So if Marvel wants to stop these rumors they should show the fans that they still care just as much about the x-men and FF as they do the Avengers and GOTG. Let them make next years big summer crossover with the X-men and FF as the main characters while the Avengers have their own mini summer crossover. Everyone on this site knows, that will never happen!! Every single event is revolving around the Avengers. For more than a decade now. That is the main reason for these rumors!
    Quoted for being completely out of touch with reality. Again, Death of Wolverine, Bendis on 2 X-books, Slott on. Silver Surfer, Galactus starring in Cataclysm.... I just don't see how any of these characters are being marginalized.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Well, it's advice he isn't taking.

Read the Bleeding Cool articles. It is not about Sony, their relationship is different to Fox. And it's not about cancelling X-books, but they are no longer having the kind of promotion they had in the days of Schism. It's about cancelling the lesser selling FF books, which is minimal cost to Marvel. And this is just the kind of move one might associate with Ike.

More on Bleeding Cool tomorrow. If Tom will let you read it.
    Rich, if this is a personal vendetta from the Marvel CEO then why did he allow such a quick title relaunch in the first place after Fraction wrapped his run up? And why is the Marvel CEO so disenfranchised with his product to not know the difference between Fantastic Four and Ultimate FF?

What I've learned through your site is that you have a certain baseline for these things. They don't always turn out exactly as mentioned, but you do normally have some validity to your rumors. Avengers vs. Ultimates was in reality Cataclysm. You guys were very close on the first Marvel NOW reshuffle. So you have some credibility. This one just seems idiotic. I can see the titles getting cancelled, but not the hated of the F4 being pressed by one man the way you're indicating.

You're a great snake oil salesman and I'm sure whatever company owns Bleeding Cool loves the traffic you draw, but I'm iffy on you. Fun as hell to read everyday though.

Astonishing Member

Oh and another thing why this is bullcrap. Iron Man hasnt been a big seller at Marvel for years. Yet his movies blew up. Whatever measly amount his comics were/are selling have nothing to do with what his movies did.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Why not just re-brand the comic, "Avengers: Fantastic"?

I just wonder why they startet a new F4 series if this was there plan. Marvel could have stopped after the Fraction run and same for the Ultimate FF. They could have gone with the X-Men after Cataclysm or could have given the series another name (there is just Sue as an original member).

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlac View Post
    I just wonder why they startet a new F4 series if this was there plan. Marvel could have stopped after the Fraction run and same for the Ultimate FF. They could have gone with the X-Men after Cataclysm or could have given the series another name (there is just Sue as an original member).
    My guess is that they want to sunder the fellowship (as it were) before ending the series. Then, years from now, they can bring the whole gang back and start fresh.

As for Ultimate FF, my guess is that it was a shot in the dark to see if something other than Spidey could find its footing in the UU. My local comic shop owner told me Ultimate FF was the only Marvel #1 to be released since Marvel NOW! to not sell a single copy in the first week (at his store). That team will likely be sundered as well, to make room for something new (or not, it is not like there needs to be three on going UU titles).

Cancel it and then reform it under Valeria, as the Fantastic 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Why not just re-brand the comic, "Avengers: Fantastic"?
    Shh, don't give them any ideas!

However, in all seriousness if this is indeed true, I will officially lose faith in Marvel as a company. To belittle the franchise that started this whole 616 thing would be an insult to Stan, Jack, everyone who has worked on FF, and the fans.

Still, I have call BS on this or I don't want to believe it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    This is all bullcrap. The reason they might cancel the book is they cant sell the book. Freaking thing is at on the list 60 after 3 issues. The last series sold poorly as well. Good story but if Fantastic four was selling 100,000 copies a month there would be no talk of canceling it.
    Fantastic Four hasn't been big seller for a long, long time. Even during Hickman, it was in the 30-40k range which is where it is right now. Even at that, it's still above the likes of Iron man, Captain America, X-Force, Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Granted, it sales might still fall but that's yet to be seen.

That being said, if Marvel cancel FF it will probably be for a re-tooling and re-launch and not because they are trying to somehow (and improbably) trying to affect the Fox movies.

That doesn't make any sense.

BANNED

Wow, I love that super convincing document on Bleeding Cool with no indication that it is from Marvel that could have easily been typed up on any computer and screenshotted. It's very convincing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Wow, I love that super convincing document on Bleeding Cool with no indication that it is from Marvel that could have easily been typed up on any computer and screenshotted. It's very convincing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Or promoting the hell out of Death of Wolverine.
    Yeah, Rich's argument falls flat.
    Because it's not called X Men Death Of Wolverine. Equally, Silver Surfer is fine. More later today.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Man, I pity those who are affected by this rumor/news directly. I'm talking about the artist, of course. For all we know, he might be panicking at the thought of losing his work and money for the next few months and calling everybody at Marvel just to confirm the news, instead of concentrating on putting his best work out in the next issue.

Also, can you guys check out the updated article at the source? It might just be me, but I feel like the writer of that article might have a bit of an attitude problem, going so far as to update his article just to comment on Brevoort's tumbler response. Additionally, he's quoting CBR's article now, as if it would convince people he's on the right track more easily. Even if he ends up being correct, I wouldn't trust a guy who would bring his personal feelings into a "professional" news article.
    I didn't update the article to comment on Tom, I ran an additional article to show the instructions being given to sketch card artists and then updated it with a scan of the instructions and the. A link to the CBR piece. Tom's response was just a good way in for the second article...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Or we could see what was actually said.

There is a huge difference between cancellation and hiatus.
    When Fantastic Four became FF, it was on hiatus, not cancelled.

And if you read again CBR says they themselves can not outright confirm this.
    I have no doubt it's hiatus. This is to do with the movie, which comes out in 2015.