Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Does anyone want her mental abilities back and what kind of mental powers? I loved her telepathy.
    Not really, it'd seem kinda weird to me, did she ever have mental powers? I thought she invented a mental radio.

I'd like her to show some resistance to mental powers like mind control, cause you know, avatar of truth and all that, but not complete resistance cause then enemies like Dr. Psycho are neutered, just make it so it's hard to get in her head (or harder than the average hero) and have her be able to fight back if someone does manage to break in, but total immunity with the Lasso, I think I mentioned that in another thread but yeah.

She didn't have much very little in fact. She could send mental messages to Etta. She could telepathy her plane and lasso.

Does she need a weakness? We really haven't found something that can stick. I mean magic but for me unless it's Circe or Cheetah than her magic immune should be tolerant. Mind control she be weak to that. With the lasso she does have a strong defense

Does she need a weakness? We really haven't found something that can stick. I mean magic but for me unless it's Circe or Cheetah than her magic immune should be tolerant. Mind control she be weak to that. With the lasso she does have a strong defense
    She doesn't have a 'kryptonite' or a 'fire' like Superman and Martian Manhunter but you can check out the first encounter with the Bana, EYES OF THE GORGON or STONED arcs to see how to weaken her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The Flash is ten times more broken than Superman but a bullet can pierce his skin. Invulnerability isnt the ultimate superpower against which powerlevels are measured. WW can be more durable, stronger and faster than Superman. Barry can still run to 10 minutes ago, beat her up by making her molecules explode and then go for a latte. I know that Superman is the direct hero to whom we usually compare her, but maybe we need to stop comparing her to anyone altogether. I dont think any other fanbase wastes as much time comparing as we do because their heroes are who they are, not who they are in comparison to hero X.

A short guy with lots of body hair and disgusting claws coming out of his arms is the most popular character in the X-men. There should be more to WW than "she's teh strongest". Frankly, it would be great if she ever got a run as great as the one Batwoman had under Rucka, a run that established her as a character who can hold her own book and sell close or more than Batgirl, or WW herself. In my opinion she has never had anything good. That run was amazing and "made" BW for me. It made BW into a fantastic character who can and should endure lesser writers because deep down we know what she can be under a good pen.
    I feel like other superheroes superspeed is being downplayed to build up the Flash. Supes, Wonder Woman, and Cap all have had superspeed from go and have all over time demonstrated the molecule/vibration business.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I feel like other superheroes superspeed is being downplayed to build up the Flash. Supes, Wonder Woman, and Cap all have had superspeed from go and have all over time demonstrated the molecule/vibration business.
    Has Wonder Woman done that? I know she can move fast enough to heat the air and use sonic booms as weapons, but I don't recall her doing the "molecule/vibration" thing. I feel like I remember Superman doing it, just don't remember WW doing it...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

She already has a weakness--the DC editorial or any current comic book writer that is writing her adventures. They cannot come up with a consistent powerset as has been seen throughout her animated/TV/comic/Movie adventures. They have had Batman knock her out with a kick to the stomach. That is her weakness!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She already has a weakness--the DC editorial or any current comic book writer that is writing her adventures. They cannot come up with a consistent powerset as has been seen throughout her animated/TV/comic/Movie adventures. They have had Batman knock her out with a kick to the stomach. That is her weakness!!!!
    To be fair I have seen Batman do exactly the same thing to the Hulk. THE HULK!

So I think this is less about Wonder Woman and more about the Cult of Batgod.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    To be fair I have seen Batman do exactly the same thing to the Hulk. THE HULK!

So I think this is less about Wonder Woman and more about the Cult of Batgod.
    Not really. Many of her rogues have jobbed out to other heroes not named Batman in the DC universe.

And that still doesn't take away my point of her inconsistent powerset.

Extraordinary Member

Not really. Many of her rogues have jobbed out to other heroes not named Batman in the DC universe.

And that still doesn't take away my point of her inconsistent powerset.
    Heroes have to win. That's expected. Ironically most of Wonder Woman's rogues aren't brawlers.

I agree that her power level in inconsistent, but many heroes have the same problem.

Except Batman, of course. LOL
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-15-2016 at 04:41 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Heroes have to win. That's expected. Ironically most of Wonder Woman's rogues aren't brawlers.

I agree that her power level in inconsistent, but many heroes have the same problem.

Except Batman, of course. LOL
    Not that many heroes have as much inconsistency in their powerset as Wonder Woman does.

Maybe Powergirl, but only because of all the convoluted origins she has had.

In Wondy's case, they made a conscious decision, for instance, of not having her fly in her solo animated movie. Especially aggravating since she had been flying since the 80's Perez reboot and in the Justice League animated series as well as the Justice League animated movies.

Also, as far as we know, they made a conscious decision of not having her fly in the DCEU universe. Why? Again, why? If most people know her as having the ability to fly since the mid 80's through now, why not fly? Why? Why?

Not that many heroes have as much inconsistency in their powerset as Wonder Woman does.

Maybe Powergirl, but only because of all the convoluted origins she has had.

In Wondy's case, they made a conscious decision, for instance, of not having her fly in her solo animated movie. Especially aggravating since she had been flying since the 80's Perez reboot and in the Justice League animated series as well as the Justice League animated movies.

Also, as far as we know, they made a conscious decision of not having her fly in the DCEU universe. Why? Again, why? If most people know her as having the ability to fly since the mid 80's through now, why not fly? Why? Why?
    Not to justify the lack of flight, but honestly I'd say the majority of movie goers aren't going to know that she can fly ... to the larger movie going universe WW has an invisible jet and looks a lot like Lynda Carter, who couldn't fly either.

She's actually had flight in the comics in some ways going back to the late 60's I believe ... when she could "glide" ... they seem to have used that concept in both the animated film and somewhat in BvS (although that might have just been super jumping)
    Last edited by Darius; 07-15-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Not to justify the lack of flight, but honestly I'd say the majority of movie goers aren't going to know that she can fly ... to the larger movie going universe WW has an invisible jet and looks a lot like Lynda Carter, who couldn't fly either.

She's actually had flight in the comics in some ways going back to the late 60's I believe ... when she could "glide" ... they seem to have used that concept in both the animated film and somewhat in BvS (although that might have just been super jumping)
    When a good majority of people that go to movies (talking about the younger crowd) haven't seen the Lynda Carter series, I believe that point would be moot. Plus, the people that have seen the series aren't expecting an exact replica from 40 years ago. The new, movie costume should have told the older movie goers that.

As far as gliding, I will go with other people that have said this is a seriously stupid power. Apparently she weighs 4 pounds in order to glide in this realistic, gritty DCEU.

She has flown since the mid 80's, and that is what most people that have seen her in animation or comics should know about. The other stuff is just nostalgia for the older folk, definitely not the repeat viewing audience that is as desired as the young folks are.