BANNED

Default Is there anyone in here who is the only child?

I myself am the only child in my family and when I was young, I used to REALLY want to have brothers and sisters, but since the age of 12, I stopped giving a **** and lived with enjoying being alone (as flesh and blood of course). But even now, I sometimes wonder what it's like if I had at least one brother or sister and how would my life be different?

And I always used to ask others "Do you have any brothers and sisters?" and in the later years, I've had a few people at school ask me the same question. There are only so many people in real-life that I know lacks a sibling like I do.

Is there anyone else in here who's the only child in their family? And what does it feel like? How do you live with having no brothers/sisters? Have you ever wondered what's it's like having no brothers or sisters?

And to those who do have brothers and sisters, what would it feel like if you had no brothers or sisters to begin with?

Incredible Member

Raised an only child, but have 2 older sisters I wasn't brought up around. A couple childhood friends I definitely consider brothers, family isn't fully defined by familial bonds, people prove themselves as having the same blood flowing through their veins as yours, you would do anything for them and vice versa. You can be an only child and still have a brother or sister deeper than any blood bond

BANNED

I'm an only child. Technically I have a half brother who is 22 years younger than me but I've only met him two or three times in my life.

As I've gotten older I've often wished I had siblings because I realize there will soon come a day when I'll have no living family, except in laws, of a similar or older age.

BANNED

Anyone else?

I am only child, although I have half-siblings I've never met.

When I was a child, I wanted a young brother, but as a teen, I began to appreciate being alone.
    And being selfish, I was glad I didn't have to share stuff or have 50% less pocket money.

I don't think about stuff like "what if I was raised with a bro/sis?" anymore and am not interested in knowing my half-siblings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I am only child, although I have half-siblings I've never met.

When I was a child, I wanted a young brother, but as a teen, I began to appreciate being alone.
    And being selfish, I was glad I didn't have to share stuff or have 50% less pocket money.

I don't think about stuff like "what if I was raised with a bro/sis?" anymore and am not interested in knowing my half-siblings.
    I have pretty similar feelings to what you're describing too.

Thanks for commenting.

I would sometimes see other children with their brother or sister and wish I had a sibling too. But that was when I was much younger. Now I think being the only child served to make me the person I am today and have no regret.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The King of Munch has both a brother and a sister!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The King of Munch has both a brother and a sister!!
    I thought my thread was supposed to be for posters who lack any sort of siblings to be answering this thread.

Only child all the way here. It sucked when my father married a woman with two demons, I mean daughters, and suddenly I was the "youngest child" even though then, and to this day, I don't consider them my siblings at all. So, I wasn't really an only child, though I have always maintained the mindset of one, at his house (until they moved out), but when I was at my mother's house (who I actually lived with), I was.

Never really wanted a brother or sister. I barely like people as it is.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    I thought my thread was supposed to be for posters who lack any sort of siblings to be answering this thread.
    Well you asked if anyone was an only child, the MunchKING was telling you that no He did not fit that description.

SO it was one of those "I know not what families others may take, But as for me...

Give me siblings or give me Death!"

Or something like that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    And to those who do have brothers and sisters, what would it feel like if you had no brothers or sisters to begin with?
    I only have one brother, who's seven years younger than me, and honestly I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. Sure, we have our spats now and then. He's driven me crazy at times, and I'm sure I've done the same to him. But we've always been close. We share a lot of the same interests, have the same sense of humor, so we spend a lot of time hanging out, and laughing and joking about stuff together. We play video games, go to the movies, go to hockey and baseball games, even take the occasional road trip. I have no doubt things would be very different if I was an only child, especially considering the point in my life that I'm in right now. But I wouldn't trade the experience of having a brother for anything.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

I'm an only child. My mom has two sisters and the three of them are always there for each other and they're always together. I miss that even though I never had it. You can't depend on most friends the way you can family.

I am, and I enjoy it. When I was a kid it allowed me to have time where I could just hang out and do what I wanted by myself. I don't think I ever really wanted a sibling.