Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Horsewoman from Demon Knights. Just random enough to work.

Jokes aside, it did seem like they were possibly pushing something with Catwoman but since JLA is ending (to become JLU), that probably won't happen anymore. I liked his banter with Killer Frost in FE:ARGUS and there could be something there, but unless he got fire powers, kissing would render him drained of his heat. Lois Lane would be funny but she is with that other dude at the moment and Steve has kind of moved past the whole love interest thing and is his own character now too. I'd like to see him show up in various books representing ARGUS and maybe we'll see some more characters he had chemistry with, but in the end it's about pushing Steve as an individual without relegating him to just love interest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post

Jokes aside, it did seem like they were possibly pushing something with Catwoman but since JLA is ending (to become JLU), that probably won't happen anymore. I liked his banter with Killer Frost in FE:ARGUS and there could be something there, but unless he got fire powers, kissing would render him drained of his heat. Lois Lane would be funny but she is with that other dude at the moment and Steve has kind of moved past the whole love interest thing and is his own character now too. I'd like to see him show up in various books representing ARGUS and maybe we'll see some more characters he had chemistry with, but in the end it's about pushing Steve as an individual without relegating him to just love interest.
    I think the Catwoman thing is like the Killer Frost effect in ARGUS. Women are naturally attracted to Steve, so its natural that folks would see the potential for relationships with just about any woman he spends time with.

I think part of the reason he seems so attractive to the ladies since breaking up with Diana is that he doesn't show the slightest bit of interest. [yeah, I said it :rolleyes:]

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Lois Lane.

Then her and Diana can have conversations about how awesome he is in bed.
    I like the sound of that!
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I think the Catwoman thing is like the Killer Frost effect in ARGUS. Women are naturally attracted to Steve, so its natural that folks would see the potential for relationships with just about any woman he spends time with.

I think part of the reason he seems so attractive to the ladies since breaking up with Diana is that he doesn't show the slightest bit of interest. [yeah, I said it :rolleyes:]
    I think you are right. He's the noble strong-willed good guy who the villainous ladies want to see if they can make him show a naughtier side. The fact that he had feelings for WW also makes him kind of unattainable for them too which they might like. Or perhaps he just has great chemistry with everybody he meets, which means he is becoming an even greater character!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Heh I would support that just to have the Demon Knights return. I mean I know Etrigan is coming back (atleast according to that Abandon all hope ad) and Vandal hasn't gone anywhere. But I miss Ystin and the rest.

And I can't wait to see where the Crimson Men stuff goes. I really hope they stay primarily an ARGUS foe. Staying away from the more obvious supervillainy to avoid the "capes" while coming to blows with more secretive heroes (like ARGUS and its agents) in the shadows. Y'know before Mr.Green pulls a Palpatine and says "Tadaah it was me all along!"

Oh and to be on topic...*pulls name out of hat* Cheetah! Heh no love there but that whole back and forth they had in ARGUS #5 was quite entertaining. Definitely some good stories in that relationship.

Writers love to emphasize how WW is naive when she first gets to Man's World. So maybe in a flashback arc someone could explore how all three of them are naive or otherwise inexperienced. And how what happened in the past contributed to how they act in the present.

You can have Steve being unused to fighting monsters and trusting someone. Diana being unused to Man's world in general. And Barbara would be unused to having an actually positive role model (who's a demigoddess at that). Y'know until the climax when Barbara finally falls and Wonder Woman experiences her first taste of betrayal (or failure) in man's world...or something. Plus it'd be the very first (chronologically) battle between the two. And maybe Barb could also be the first ARGUS scientist to pull a face heel turn so Steve can share in the failure.

Hell, you can even have a story with just Barbara and Steve going after some artifact (wonder woman can't be everywhere so there had to be a few times where steve just went after some lead with a team of agents. And considering Cheetah's background in her villains issue she should've been capable in a fight even before the cheetah powers. So bringing her along as someone who's both knowledgeable about the target and not dead weight seems like a plausible idea) emphasizing the dysfunction in their relationship.

Anyways lets petition for a WW year one arc! wooo!
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-06-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She didn't say, gay people can't be manly, the discussion isn't even about gay people. It's this:

Typical men can be gay, bi and straight. The whole point of the LGBT movement is that being gay or bi or trans is just as normal as being straight. There is no inherent problem with Steve being bi sexual. Plus, Flatman was merely speculating that Steve Trevor could be bi so no need to freak out about it.

I like you.

Also, I hope they steer clear from Steve getting involved with Etta. I didn't like their relationship much in Perez's run, and it'd be nice to see Etta as a standalone supporting character (and please, PLEASE let her connect with Diana at some point!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She didn't say, gay people can't be manly, the discussion isn't even about gay people. It's this:

Typical men can be gay, bi and straight. The whole point of the LGBT movement is that being gay or bi or trans is just as normal as being straight. There is no inherent problem with Steve being bi sexual. Plus, Flatman was merely speculating that Steve Trevor could be bi so no need to freak out about it.

For me a person being gay is just normal as another straight person. When I say typical, I mean majority. I just think it detracts too much from the Trevor that Marston conceived

Incredible Member

He and Frost should definitely continue working together, and I wouldn't mind if they randomly slept with each-other to begin with. Nothing romantic to start, but after the two end up working together and being there for each other by default over and over again, they come to realize that they perhaps do care for one another, which they either embrace or gag over (probably the latter).

At the same time, I'd want something with Waller. Perhaps a playful crush on Steve's end, primarily played up for comedy, that is never returned by Waller.

(I really want to see Trevor/ARGUS stories somewhere....be they in their own title or the next WW run).

and they could totally make Steve bi. Just because he has never been before, that doesn't mean it's a retcon. That's the whole idea behind being in the closet. Alternatively, they could make it that he just never realized it before.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-06-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Diana of Themyscria, daughter of Queen Hippolyta and Lord Zeus, of course. It is their destiny, after all.

But the New 52 is still relatively new, and while I presume that Diana x Steve will be the romantic endgame for the Wonderverse, we probably have a few more years of other options for ol' Stevie.

I have my wishlist:

#5) Mari McCabe aka Vixen (she deserves as much attention as she can get,may as well start here)
    #4) Killer Frost (only if she stays in anti-hero mode)
    #3) Cheetah (in one of her civilian guises)
    #2) Selina Kyle (the foundation is there)
    #1) Lois Lane (turnabout is fair play)