Default DC Recommendations?

Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot of Batman and nothing else really. It sucks because I want to read a lot of other titles but I don't know what sucks and what rocks, hopefully you can help me out.

I'm looking for:

- Green Lantern (From the beginning)

- Damian Wayne/Robin (Pre - New 52)

Thanks

I just re-read every Damian appareance and it was AWESOME.

I read Morrison's Batman and Son, Batman 666, Battle for the cowl (necessary for the continuity, but terrible), Morrison's Batman and Robin, Batman Inc (which is SUPER awesome), and Tomasi's Batman and Robin.

Green Lantern i'd recommend:
    Start with Rebirth and then Geoff Johns run, which is one of the best comic runs i've ever read (Green Lantern v4 and v5 up till issue 20)

Enjoy man.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I just re-read every Damian appareance and it was AWESOME.

I read Morrison's Batman and Son, Batman 666, Battle for the cowl (necessary for the continuity, but terrible), Morrison's Batman and Robin, Batman Inc (which is SUPER awesome), and Tomasi's Batman and Robin.

Green Lantern i'd recommend:
    Start with Rebirth and then Geoff Johns run, which is one of the best comic runs i've ever read (Green Lantern v4 and v5 up till issue 20)

Enjoy man.
    I'll check out Grant Moirrison's Batman and Son, thank you! As for Tomasi's Batman and Robin, the first volume was amazing and the second was forgetful and so lame in my opinion haha, So I don't know if I should continue with that run.

As for Green Lantern, would it be alright if I just read these 3: No Fear, Revenge of the Green Lanterns and then Wanted - Hal Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    . . . As for Green Lantern, would it be alright if I just read these 3: No Fear, Revenge of the Green Lanterns and then Wanted - Hal Jordan?
    You can do whatever the hell you want.

As for "Green Lantern (From the beginning)", you sort of need to define "from the beginning of what?"

First appearance of a character named "Green Lantern" - 1940

--------------------

First appearance of the Hal Jordan version / Silver Age Green Lantern - 1959

--------------------

Geoff Johns begins writing the character: 2004

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You can do whatever the hell you want.

As for "Green Lantern (From the beginning)", you sort of need to define "from the beginning of what?"

First appearance of a character named "Green Lantern" - 1940

--------------------

First appearance of the Hal Jordan version / Silver Age Green Lantern - 1959

--------------------

Geoff Johns begins writing the character: 2004
    The Geoff Johns run, is this a good reading order?:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...tories-697832/

Can I read Secret Origin first or do I have to read it in that order?

Thanks for your reply.

The Geoff Johns run, is this a good reading order?:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...tories-697832/
    Yes. It is a great order indeed. Don't feel forced to read GLC. It is good, i love it, but it's not fundamental.

You can read Secret Origin first, but i do not recommend it. Johns wrote it sort of as a prelude to Blackest Night. I'd read it in the order he intended to be read.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Yes. It is a great order indeed. Don't feel forced to read GLC. It is good, i love it, but it's not fundamental.

You can read Secret Origin first, but i do not recommend it. Johns wrote it sort of as a prelude to Blackest Night. I'd read it in the order he intended to be read.

Good luck!
    Oh I'm still stressed out haha, there are way too many volumes, aren't there books I can skip? I just want to read the main series/event, not the extras.

Thank you.

Spectacular Member

Just read the main Green Lantern run, start with the secret Origins (it always helps, even though the story was published in the middle of the run), the proceed to Green Lantern Rebirth etc. GLC isn't necessary (except for Recharge).
    Batman and robin vol 3 is better than vol 2, has one of the best Robin issues (the Annual, love it to death), I love vol 4 (but I'm one of the few), and vol 5 is skippable.
    I also recommend you watch the movie (even though it's way worse than the comics, it still makes it easier to understand how Hal Jordan's life was before Rebirth. Also, watch First Flight, a great origin story that will kind of explain the Sinestro/Hal dynamic. Emerald Knights the animated film is also pretty nice).
    Last edited by greenish lantern; 07-22-2015 at 01:32 PM.

I will recommend Green Lantern/Green Arrow the two characters has a good counteraction with each other.

Oh I'm still stressed out haha, there are way too many volumes, aren't there books I can skip? I just want to read the main series/event, not the extras.

Thank you.
    Just read the main GL title then.

So it's Rebirth, GL v4 and Blackest night.