Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

When I saw him in actions all my fears were gone, that was the Joker!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I like it a lot! I think hes going to be a perfect joker!

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I'm super stoked about the movie and I think that Jared Leto's Joker fits into the whole overall theme of the movie. Everything looks very dark and gritty and I think the darker, more sadistic Joker will work well with that. I will say that I thought he was super creepy at the end of that trailer.
    I think that Jared Leto's Joker will fit the Suicide Squad movie tone for sure, but I don't know if I can see the Joker I saw in the trailer (I still have yet to see the movie of course) fight the batman I saw in the BVS trailer. And if this is really going to be a DC Movie Universe, I don't know if I can see Jared Leto's Joker in 3 or 4 different films (there's no way they would kill him off...at least...I don't think so). And I don't know how he would work in a suit and tie like Ledger's (not that he needs to be like Ledger or Nicholson, but he also can't do several movies as the Joker with his shirt off the whole time). I like the concept, and he's definitely creepy and insane, but I don't know, I'm kind of a fan of the Joker that finds simple stuff funny like palm buzzing people and making actual jokes occasionally, and I just don't feel like we've seen that for a long time. It'd be cool if he did some of that in this movie, because with other villains he is forced to work with, and Harley Quinn especially, there's a lot for him to bounce off of. Also, going along with the Joker, what do people think of Harley? This may be the fourth live-action Joker we're getting, but it's the first ever Harley Quinn we're getting! Who's psyched and what do they think?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

- he looks terrible

- first lines out of his mouth sounds like a bad Ledger impersonation

- the line he says is beyond cheesy

- and if it's Dick or Jason? Sheesh, that would be .."really, really bad".

it maybe have been one line of dialogue, but it was horrible. This whole movie is going to be terrible.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I have to say that Joker is Jason Todd theory is the most random theory I've seen since the whole Batman v Superman hype began
    Its a good thing Joker and Batman are gonna be in Suicide Squad now you get to see them interact for a bit before the solo movie

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    - he looks terrible

- first lines out of his mouth sounds like a bad Ledger impersonation

- the line he says is beyond cheesy

it maybe have been one line of dialogue, but it was horrible. This whole movie is going to be terrible.
    My thoughts exactly 10chars.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It is probably just me, but I just can't get over how sexy Jared Leto's Joker is. Throughout my years reading him, I never saw the Joker as having any sex appeal like this before.

But in all seriousness, I think Leto is going to do great in the role. I am sure his portrayal is going to be on a league of its own next to Nicholson and Ledger's.

I see nothing wrong with Leto's Joker so far, except his appearance. They went out of their way to make Ben Affleck look as if he'd stepped right out of a comic book, but they had to mess up the Joker with all those godawful tattoos. And what's with the off-white complexion?

Overall I like it. I feel like its based on comics and at the same time it doesn't feel like its trying to ape any previous adaptation so we are getting something new here.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He looks amazing, and this movie is going to kick so much ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I have to say that Joker is Jason Todd theory is the most random theory I've seen since the whole Batman v Superman hype began
    Definitely. I don't understand what really founds that theory, considering how many people I see buying it. Is it another attempt to rationalize the tattoos? Like when a bunch of people convinced themselves that David Ayer was trying to pull a "joke" on the audience and get them all riled up? That was equally as silly. I don't like them either, but they're there. We can either not watch the movie or get used to it. I'll be doing the latter.

Wish we had more to look at. I just don't know. Feels like emo-Joker, or boy band Joker as someone else said. And his one line was a very generic, cliche line. So I'm a little skeptical. Now having said that, this Joker seems to fit with the Suicide Squad vibe they have going on. I'm just no sure he will be "The" Joker. But, we shall see won't we.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Wish we had more to look at. I just don't know. Feels like emo-Joker, or boy band Joker as someone else said. And his one line was a very generic, cliche line. So I'm a little skeptical. Now having said that, this Joker seems to fit with the Suicide Squad vibe they have going on. I'm just no sure he will be "The" Joker. But, we shall see won't we.
    Is the boom of the Emo movement such an old happening that we've already forgotten what that word means? Jared Leto's joker has jack squat to do with emo aesthetics.

I don't know, he has that feeling to me. I've heard others say it too. My man has a 'damaged' tattoo on his forehead. Maybe emo isn't the best choice, but something in that vibe. But who knows, he might knock it out the park. This is fast reaction to basically one picture and like 10 seconds of film.

Ultimate Member

He looks in no way "emo." Yes, it does seem that these catch-words have become so overused that people have forgotten their actual meanings. Joker is pretty much the LEAST "emo" character ever, and even that tattoo is most-likely mocking the very notion that he's "damaged." Basically, it's just another joke.