Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    Umm... it's best when trying to deny an accusation to not then write a 4 paragraph post where you do the exact thing that people are accusing you of and that you denied 2 paragraphs up. Just a thought.

Oh and saying that you have 'strength of convictions, fortitude, and uncompromising ways' is 1. not something you say about yourself because it makes you sound like a doofus, and 2. basically code for being a stubborn, self-absorbed prat
    I did it in response to someone derailing the thread to go at me.

Regarding the last of what you said...get a sense of humor...
    Seriously, when I wrote that stuff about "conviction" and "fortitude", I was literally sitting in front of my computer laughing as I type that. I knew it sounded goofy when I wrote it and I figured it would annoy the poster I was responding to to serve them right...LOL!

If they are going to derail the thread to make personal attacks on people, they deserve to be annoyed. I hold that person in no real esteem, so what do I care?
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-19-2015 at 04:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, those fórums also talk about their related characters, Batman's has threads about every batgirl and robin, Superman's has threads about his cousins, Spider-man has threads for every spider-named popular charácter (except Black Widow) and Mary Jane and Black Cat; but a Storm fórum would literally only about Storm.
    Anyways, i think that Cyclops, as a charácter, is a more hated than Storm in this fórum at least.
    Not really. We have Kymera, we have Becka Munroe, we have villains of Storm like from the X-men Annual, from her mini series, from her ongoing solo, we have Ashake,Belasco, we have different Storm pairings, multiple appearances on comics, films, tv series, video games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Oh please, just stop no one on here from what I have seen hates Storm because she is a black woman. Every fan base wants the best for their faves. But don't act as if Storm is the victim. Victim of what, people not liking her? Guess what sometimes people wont like what you like.

There is no double standard when it comes to Storm. So what she is the only hero that can't be criticized? I remember Storm fans going deep on Cyke at every turn. Hell, people got banned because of the flame wars. I remember in thread when I said there was no way Storm could beat Superman. I said one punch and he'd win. I was flamed, my opinion did not matter. Why was that? Simply because I was against Storm?
    Hmmm... I thought the Cyke fans were the ones going deep on Storm especially that you've had the upper hand cos he is the current leader and was on the life raft.

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    And yet he tends to win polls fairly regularly. Weird.

As to the topic, I think it's because Storm fans are like a microcosm of X-fans as a whole. We've got a whole thread dedicated to how X-fans have a massive persecution complex that is fueled, at least in part, by a need to be the center of attention. How dare the Avengers or Spider-man or the Inhumans take the attention off of the X-men? The X-men are better than everyone. (I'm not denying the MCU/anti-X-men thing with this, just establishing that part of the reason is we've been spoiled)

Storm fans are basically a small version of that it seems like. Instead of other teams though it's other characters. How dare Cyclops be the leader, Storm is the best leader! How dare Wolverine get more attention/be her boyfriend! Why do they only focus on Tean and Iceman and whoever else? X-fans need for our property to be the 'main' property is why a lot of other fandoms don't like X-fans, and Storm fans seeming need for her to be the center of the franchise is likely why some X-fans don't like Storm fans.

That aside, as others have said you really do like to just make messed up topics that are basically flame-bait.
    Cyke and Storm have good records on polls, though I think Storm fairs better.

You are so right. The X-men are better than everyone. Hehehe

Activate Collective ignore feature counter strike. Power Up!
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-19-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Skids ?, who are they ?.
    Skids

It was a joke. Cuz, y'know, no one cares about Skids. =)

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well, Cyke fans are cool right? Right? Right? Right?
    Yes, we are the coolest! And just like our hero, we never do anything wrong! ^_^ #cyclopswasright
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Skids

Yes, we are the coolest! And just like our hero, we never do anything wrong! ^_^ #cyclopswasright

Lol. We should make a Cyclops/Storm pairing.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Some fans do give Storm a bad rep. Mainly the one (s) who try to say Storm can beat anyone and is the best at everything abd never loses even in things Storm has no way of doing.

Spectacular Member Nightstar1441's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Some fans do give Storm a bad rep. Mainly the one (s) who try to say Storm can beat anyone and is the best at everything abd never loses even in things Storm has no way of doing.
    Any fan/follower (comic, sports, religion etc) that is blinded by their own fandom will always give the object of their fandom a bad rep. People like healthy intelligent conversation where both sides listen and respond. No one like dealing with fanatical illogical zealots.

And especially with comic book characters...the silly 'who can beat who' arguments are always subjective to the writer and literally anyone can be anyone in any given storyline so arguing the point is moot.

BANNED

If I was going into a Storm vs. Jean debate, I wouldn't even bring up telepathy.

#crushyourheartwithtelekinesis

#jus'sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1441 View Post
    Any fan/follower (comic, sports, religion etc) that is blinded by their own fandom will always give the object of their fandom a bad rep. People like healthy intelligent conversation where both sides listen and respond. No one like dealing with fanatical illogical zealots.

And especially with comic book characters...the silly 'who can beat who' arguments are always subjective to the writer and literally anyone can be anyone in any given storyline so arguing the point is moot.
    This.

That's literally it. How complicated is this to comprehend ? Many characters frequently lose fights in mainstream comics. None of these defeats garner the kind of reactions Storm fans display when she gets to eat humble pie. It's absurd.

I do not need to read an essay with some flimsy pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo as to why she should be able to beat A, B, C and D because she can do this, that and what-have-you with hydrogen. I do not need to see those same "FEATZ" scans that have already been posted 50 times in similar arguments. No one cares !
    Writers write what interests them. If that doesn't include Storm being some boring unbeatable entity, so be it. It doesn't make their story bad, and it certainly doesn't make them incompetent. Y'all are just going to have to accept this.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Activate Collective ignore feature counter strike. Power Up!
    lol! There is nobody more of a shit stirrer than rlammjr and the Storm fans fall for his crap everytime. It's beautiful to see really lol! They should all just have him on their ignore list but they wont.....
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Skids

I cared when she was wearing this:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    If I was going into a Storm vs. Jean debate, I wouldn't even bring up telepathy.

#crushyourheartwithtelekinesis

#jus'sayin'
    They would work out their differences by talking it out and reaching a truce, like real homosuperiors.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    lol! There is nobody more of a shit stirrer than rlammjr and the Storm fans fall for his crap everytime. It's beautiful to see really lol! They should all just have him on their ignore listbut they wont.....
    I actually wasn't aware of that feature. Done. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1441 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    This.

That's literally it. How complicated is this to comprehend ? Many characters frequently lose fights in mainstream comics. None of these defeats garner the kind of reactions Storm fans display when she gets to eat humble pie. It's absurd.

I do not need to read an essay with some flimsy pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo as to why she should be able to beat A, B, C and D because she can do this, that and what-have-you with hydrogen. I do not need to see those same "FEATZ" scans that have already been posted 50 times in similar arguments. No one cares !
    Writers write what interests them. If that doesn't include Storm being some boring unbeatable entity, so be it. It doesn't make their story bad, and it certainly doesn't make them incompetent. Y'all are just going to have to accept this.
    YAAAS.
    All of this. Acknowledge that your favorites are not infallible. In fact, why wouldn't people embrace the flaws of their favorites. I'll never understand why anyone would want their favorite character to endlessly succeed at all things and retain some kind of "perfect" status. Its boring.

How is that relatable?

My favorites are all deeply flawed -- accidentally releasing a multiverse-endangering parasite as a gift to his boyriend, endangering the whole of reality on a personal vendetta only to be incarcerated with an incendiary device strapped to her chest, or alienating her peers by her inability to process basic human emotion but excelling at everything else, or leading men and women into battle on the "Hope" that one mysterious girl will save their species.

People f**k up and its all part of their charm.
    Stop being crazy apologists and accept reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    They would work out their differences by talking it out and reaching a truce, like real homosuperiors.
    Pfft. That takes the fun out of things.