View Poll Results: Should Wonder Woman be invulnerable to man-made bullets and knives?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she should be invulnerable

46 74.19%
  • No, because that would be disrespect to Marston.

12 19.35%
  • You care too much OP

3 4.84%
  • Don't ever make a poll again

1 1.61%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Wonder Woman be invulnerable to man-made bullets and other piercing weapons?

Vote and discuss

Yes.

As I said other times, it's not like saying she can no longer be hurt by ordinary bullets means you get rid of bullets and bracelets, just replace the bullets with non-ordinary ones, or with some other fantastic weapon or energy attack.

If you argue that it's too steeped in tradition because it's been around since the 1940's, I'd say that's a tradition that should've been dumped a long time ago. The DCU, as well as other fictional worlds, don't sit still like this. Superman isn't bound to his Golden Age powers. Goku isn't limited to what he could do in the original Dragonball (pre-DBZ) era. The depiction of Jedi powers has grown since Return of the Jedi. Why should WW be different (and different in a bad way)?

Certainly, if you're doing something out of continuity, or isolated from all other continuities, do what you must. I think it's okay for a fan video to show a WW who still needs to block handgun bullets with her bracelets, or needs to use fancy martial arts to win a fistfight against ordinary folks, that's perfectly acceptable, and maybe even preferable. However, in a shared DCU, you gotta let her expand her power set, because everyone around her has growing powers, and she shouldn't be stuck to the 1940's. Also, I just think it's stupid if on one panel she needs to protect herself from a thug on the street with a handgun or knife, but then on another panel is trading blows (and by that, I mean getting punched in the face or wherever as often as she delivers) with beings that crush tank armor with their bare hands.

Extraordinary Member

No, but I cant vote because I don't see Marston as a factor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

To me it comes down to a matter of uniqueness. I'm all for WW getting new powers but they should be unique ones. Their are already way to many Flying brick type heroes in comics. DC in general seems to have a real glut of them. You have all the kryptonians and Daxamites, Apollo, Shazam and related characters. Not to mention all the alternate versions of Superman. I don't think making WonderWoman another one on that list is helpful to her as a character. I also think it isn't nessacary because Wonder Woman has her own history of unique powers that have been lost to time.

All-New Member

No but she heals fast... Like really fast

BANNED

How being vulnerable to bullets makes her unique? I mean Batman and and Captain America have been blocking bullets and dodging bullets when there was no Wonder Woman. Now there are tons of characters who are doing iron regular bases.

With the way she's been portrayed power-wise since the relaunch, yes, it only makes sense that she should be. but she should still bounce them off her bracelets anyway. Because hey, its still annoying to be pelted by stuff. And it looks cool. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

If they were to depower her again then it'd make more sense. But until then, not seeing why flying lead would pierce her.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-18-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    How being vulnerable to bullets makes her unique? I mean Batman and and Captain America have been blocking bullets and dodging bullets when there was no Wonder Woman. Now there are tons of characters who are doing iron regular bases.
    How is she vulnerable to bullets if they never hit her?

When was the last time some guy just jumped out and wounded her with a gun?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    How is she vulnerable to bullets if they never hit her?

When was the last time some guy just jumped out and wounded her with a gun?
    She is vulnerable to bullets even if she didn't get hit, just like how batman is vulnerable.
    Sensation comic by Ivan Cohen. She forget she had super-speed and got hit in shoulder. It made her bleed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    She is vulnerable to bullets even if she didn't get hit, just like how batman is vulnerable.
    Sensation comic by Ivan Cohen. She forget she had super-speed and got hit in shoulder. It made her bleed.
    Same thing would happen to Superman if he got hit with a red sun laser that blocked his power.

In other word, barring something extraordinary it is not going to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Same thing would happen to Superman if he got hit with a red sun laser that blocked his power.

In other word, barring something extraordinary it is not going to happen.
    Red sun is one of superman's weaknesses, it's not like he is invulnerable if it comes in certain shape and vulnerable when in other shape.

She should be invulnerable to regular man-made bullets and knives, definetely invulnerable to mortal based weaponary, she's a goddess now and above all she's a god of war, things related to warcraft shouldn't be able to hurt her.

But here, I think it's her new suit that gives her another level of invulnerability, because she only started to to that since she's had her new armor. And it really doesn't bother me at all.

Spectacular Member

WW.jpg
    She could be vulnerable to magic weapons. But not normal bullets or knives.
    Last edited by anarki; 07-19-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

She's now a superman-level character, vunerable to bullets or knives is somewhat ridiculus.
    I can accept a weaker version, but should keep her higher-street-level, make her smart, and sometimes can take down super-powered charcters using her brain. That could be fun and more grounded.
    A Binary Choice.

Superman-level power + Street-level weakness = totally weird.
    And she's the fricking God Of War!
    Last edited by anarki; 07-19-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazonprincess View Post
    No but she heals fast... Like really fast
    Her healing ability is very inconsistent.
    Last edited by anarki; 07-19-2015 at 04:01 AM.