Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Are Jason Todd and Dick Grayson going to be Switched in Batman v. Superman?

Now, Jason Todd's original origin was practically the same to Dick Grayson's origin. It was after Crisis, I think, that it all changed and he became a street urchin. Now, let me straight up go and say it, the name "Dick" isn't a very appealing nickname and I have no doubt that if Dick Grayson is going to be featured in the DCCU, they will call him Richard. However, given that Jason Todd's original origin was the circus one, does anybody else think that they might as well just make the original Robin in the DCCU Jason Todd with Todd's original origin and just supplant Grayson into Todd's second origin and have him be killed by the Joker just so they can avoid Batman calling Robin "Dick' during the films or Alfred saying "Master Dick". I wouldn't mind it that much, to be honest, since it's only Dick's origin their changing, technically.

So, all this so they can avoid saying "Dick" on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    So, all this so they can avoid saying "Dick" on screen?
    Does seem like an awful lot of work. Especially when they could just call him Richard.

There is that leaked set photo of Grayson's headstone though. There's also that line from the trailer "Twenty years in Gotham. How many good guys left? How many states that way?" Makes one wonder if Dick isn't dead and Jason alive as the Red Hood.

Though, if Dick is dead, I hope he is "dead." I'd love secret agent Dick Grayson to be a part of the DCCU.

Incredible Member

i was wondering, given it looks like Jason's suit is holding a staff if his character and Tim's isn't going to be swirled together like they did in the animated series.

Also, people who read comics know there's more than one Robin, but to the world at large, Robin is still Dick Grayson. it would be a lot of work to go to just to have the audience going "What?"
    Last edited by HellHere; 07-19-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Incredible Member

We don't know.

For all we know right now there was only one Robin ever and they'll just mash Dick, Jason, and Tim together like other media always do.

BANNED

I have a bad feeling that's what there going to do. I really hope not though.

If Dick is going to be in the movie universe they will probably call him whatever they call him in that Titans TV series that is in development. Still, I think Dick is going to be dead or long gone in the movies and are mainly just going to focus on Jason since Dick will be featured in the TV show. I'm still thinking that is going to be what happens.

I doubt it. WB is high on Red Hood and bringing back Jason would make a great solo Batman movie with Dick helping Bruce.

Not to mention this is their chance at an extended Bat Family and just killing them all off doesn't help that at all. Dick being over in bludhaven, Barbara retired and Jason being dead is a great good start.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Does seem like an awful lot of work. Especially when they could just call him Richard.

There is that leaked set photo of Grayson's headstone though. There's also that line from the trailer "Twenty years in Gotham. How many good guys left? How many states that way?" Makes one wonder if Dick isn't dead and Jason alive as the Red Hood.

Though, if Dick is dead, I hope he is "dead." I'd love secret agent Dick Grayson to be a part of the DCCU.
    That's what I would like to see too and with DC wanting Dick in the Spy role it could be a possible outcome. But over all I just hope they won't badger any character or mix characters together because that will make nobody happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post

That set photo was a gag, the scene is from the flashback of Martha and Thomas Wayne's funeral. The headstones(which will probably be out of view in the film) are filled with supporting bat family characters apparently.

BANNED

I don't think there'll be any Dick Grayson in mainstream Bat-movies. If anything, there will be a Carrie Kelly Robin.

it is absolutely unconscionable that there has yet to be a mature take on Robin in the feature films. Oh, well.

Spectacular Member

Maybe they combine Dick, Jason and Tim into one dead Robin as a symbol of failure (and bring him back for Under the Red Hood) and have Carrie be the DCEU Robin, that would also help agaisnt the "not enough female heroes" argument thats gonna be hurled at the movies.

The animated series already combined Jason and Tim into one character for "time reasons" i think and movies have even less time then TV shows. So one dead male Robin called "Dick" and the new female Robin Carrie are my bets for the movies.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dick Grayson one of my favorite comic book characters, so I hope I'm dead wrong but I think he's straight up dead in the films. If there is ever another Robin it will either be Damian or Carrie Kelly.

I was really hoping we'd see Nightwing in the films. Those Adam Driver rumors had me so excited. People say I look a bit like Adam Driver so I'd be living vicariously through him ha ha.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-19-2015 at 03:39 PM.

I hope they don't combine them and that Dick Grayson is still around to be Nightwing in a Batman solo film. Perhaps, as someone suggested, to come back and help out in a potential Red Hood/Jason Todd story.

Plus, we had "Master Dick" in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, and I don't remember it being a problem or causing people in the theater to burst out in laughter. I doubt they would avoid having Dick Grayson in a movie just so they didn't have to say his name.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010