Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Fantastic Four Show They're Not the Ones to Fear in New TV Spot

A whole bunch of new footage from Josh Trank's upcoming "Fantastic Four" reboot, including a new look at Dr. Doom, debuts in this new TV spot.

Full article here.

Why does Fox keeping messing up with Dr. Doom?

He doesn't need to always be the same as the Fantastic Four that gets changed in that accident to get super powers and metal skin, just make him a brilliant d-bag with a noble streak in a metal suit. Evil Tony Stark with a higher moral threshold and you are done.

still not watching it. Will be glad when it bombs and all the hype articles and boring trailers go away.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    still not watching it. Will be glad when it bombs and all the hype articles and boring trailers go away.
    you think its going to bomb on a Budget of 122 million?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Did you see Johnny's flame? Obviously the money did NOT go into making it look good. Besides the cost of a movie is and should never be indicative of how good its going to be. John Carter ring a bell. Although a pretty decent adaptation didnt even make a third of its cost? How about American Sniper. A relatively inexpensive movie at 58 mill went on to make 200 mill more than the cost of John Carter? Your point is made moot by virtue of these two movies.

I think FF reboot will make their money back domestically and turn a buck overseas. But I think its going to be panned by critics and forgotten by the next weekend opening.
    Last edited by ospfwildcard; 07-19-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

Did you see Johnny's flame? Obviously the money did NOT go into making it look good. Besides the cost of a movie is and should never be indicative of how good its going to be. John Carter ring a bell. Although a pretty decent adaptation didnt even make a third of its cost? How about American Sniper. A relatively inexpensive movie at 58 mill went on to make 200 mill more than the cost of John Carter? Your point is made moot by virtue of these two movies.

I think FF reboot will make their money back domestically and turn a buck overseas. But I think its going to be panned by critics and forgotten by the next weekend opening.
    Yeah, well, AMERICAN SNIPER made money because of the rah, rah MURICA! HELL YEAH! audience that usually waits for everything to hit red box.

I think this looks like a very interesting take on the characters. Very ULTIMATE FF.

I also think actively wishing for something people worked very hard to produce to fail is sort of a cruddy thing to do. It's just not cool.

BANNED

As long as it does the first thing then the second thing will be largely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyWood View Post
    Yeah, well, AMERICAN SNIPER made money because of the rah, rah MURICA! HELL YEAH! audience that usually waits for everything to hit red box.

I think this looks like a very interesting take on the characters. Very ULTIMATE FF.

I also think actively wishing for something people worked very hard to produce to fail is sort of a cruddy thing to do. It's just not cool.
    Did you even see American Sniper? I'll say no or you're so jaded you thought you saw that when you watched the move. It did not glorify the war at all. It DID deal with the repercussions of war and their toll on a human being and his relationship with family.

I think the trailer has looked terrible, and the interviews have not sold me at all. This movie is a pass for me and unfortunately for a lot of other fans.

Johnny's flame looks good to me. i never said the cost of a movie is indicative of how good its going to be you said i'll be glad when it bombs IE make no profit and i was asking you if you think its going to bomb on a Budget of 122 million?

Did you even see American Sniper?
    did you?
    Last edited by choptop; 07-19-2015 at 10:48 PM.

It surprises me how little footage of the movie we've actually seen, especially footage of Doom. I guess I can't complain too much about it though, might be a smart thing in the end as the whole point of Doom's threat is not as much his power as it is his intelligence, something that can't be really conveyed through small trailers. I hope the movie remains faithful to Doom, if they make him right then the movie will already be good. He'd have to be a cross between 616 and 1610 Doom though cause just the 1610 incarnation by himself isn't as memorable as the 616 one.
    Last edited by jgprime; 07-20-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Johnny's flame looks good to me. i never said the cost of a movie is indicative of how good its going to be you said i'll be glad when it bombs IE make no profit and i was asking you if you think its going to bomb on a Budget of 122 million?

did you?
    watching this video is as senseless as watching 9/11 conspiracy videos about the government blowing up the towers.

Oh my Lord they didn't do a thing to the Thing's voice.

This might be so terrible is goes around the bend and comes back awesome.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

watching this video is as senseless as watching 9/11 conspiracy videos about the government blowing up the towers.
    its not a conspiracy its true look it up.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-21-2015 at 06:00 PM.

BANNED

Can you say Howard The Duck?

I'll give the movie this, though. It was nice to catch a glimpse of Doom effortlessly hand-waving away a whole bunch of hurt coming his way.