All-New Member

Default Which animated series/movie does this come from?

image.jpg

I'm trying to figure out where the animated part of this image comes from?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

My guess would be Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. This would be during the flashback section, after Tim is tortured (but not killed). One of the best Batman films, period. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it. It's part of of Bruce Timm DC animated universe of shows (Batman, Superman, Justice League etc).

All-New Member

That's kind of what I assumed. The art is very Batman:TAS but I have seen all of that and I didn't recognize it. The robin costume is also a different color then I've seen. I have not seen the entire series or the movie of Batman Beyond.

I will have to watch it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by owlsEATbats View Post
    That's kind of what I assumed. The art is very Batman:TAS but I have seen all of that and I didn't recognize it. The robin costume is also a different color then I've seen. I have not seen the entire series or the movie of Batman Beyond.

I will have to watch it ASAP.
    if you collect the DVD boxsets, the Batman series was divided into 4 seasons. The first three were basically all done in one big chunk. Then for the fourth, they did a single season called "The New Adventures of Batman and Robin", which introduced Tim as Robin, while Dick moved on to the Nightwing persona. The animation models were completely redesigned from the previous look, including the Robin suit. You'll notice the batsuit has no yellow around the bat symbol, and no blue in the cowl. The Robin costume dropped the green. And many characters' eyes were changed, including Bruce and Joker. Most voice actors stayed on, with a few notable exceptions (Scarecrow got a serious revamp). After that series came Batman Beyond. I believe Return of the Joker occurs between the first and second season. After that, we got Justice League and finally Justice League Unlimited.

While we're discussing the DCAU, wasn't there a Batman-Superman Adventures show? Where does that fit? Any good?
    Currently active comic book collection here.

Quote Originally Posted by EnterDuration View Post
    While we're discussing the DCAU, wasn't there a Batman-Superman Adventures show? Where does that fit? Any good?
    Technically, no. That was just a rebranding where they ran Batman TAS and Superman TAS back to back. Occasionally, they'd crossover, but it would be as an episode of one of the series. Between the 4 volumes of Batman and 3 of Superman, you get everything.

It's fan-made. The template and design comes from the New Adventures of Batman cartoon but this isn't an actual scene from any episode.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    It's fan-made. The template and design comes from the New Adventures of Batman cartoon but this isn't an actual scene from any episode.
    I was going to say, I don't recall ever seeing that in Return of the Joker.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    This. It was a fan made picture.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Great work though.

The artist's name's James Strecker.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

He also created these:

image.jpg

image.jpg