Super Moderator

Default "Supergirl" Adds Character From Iconic Metropolis Family

An ex flame of Jimmy Olsen and a superhero candidate in her own right will be joining the CBS drama this fall.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Lana as Superwoman was an unfortunate storyline.
    You could've gone with the fact that she was a mainstay on Smallville for 10 or so seasons,
    or that she was the on-again off-again Insect Queen (retconned)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    Lana
    Did you read the article? At all?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Did you read the article? At all?
    ^What he said.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'm not familiar with Lois Lane's kid sister Lucy, but that image of Major Lane/Superwoman shown on the article looks like a pretty awesome costume design for a female comic book character.

Looking forward to seeing upcoming pictures of Lois and Lucy Lane on the Supergirl TV series.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

How are you not familiar with lucy. She appeared in smallville and lois and clark

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    How are you not familiar with lucy. She appeared in smallville and lois and clark
    I never watched those shows.
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Well shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I'm not familiar with Lois Lane's kid sister Lucy, but that image of Major Lane/Superwoman shown on the article looks like a pretty awesome costume design for a female comic book character.

Looking forward to seeing upcoming pictures of Lois and Lucy Lane on the Supergirl TV series.
    Lucy didn't do too much before the Superwoman storyline. She was actually a really good villain and this is the version that the New 52 should bring back. The storyline was kind of left dangling and we never fully learned her motivations for doing what she did.
    Since DC seem to have settled on a "main" Batwoman and Lucy needs to be the Superwoman.

No Superwoman. Maxima, at the most. Also Big Barda can show up. Keep Lucy Lane strictly human.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Well shame on you
    Hahahahha. That is so funny

BANNED

I'm interested to see what role she plays. Presumably, like Jimmy, she'll be a bit older than her standard comic incarnation. I wonder if she'll be in on the secret(s) like Jimmy as well, and what kind of references (if any) there will be to Lois' status.

Quote Originally Posted by codeGREG View Post
    Lucy didn't do too much before the Superwoman storyline. She was actually a really good villain and this is the version that the New 52 should bring back. The storyline was kind of left dangling and we never fully learned her motivations for doing what she did.
    Since DC seem to have settled on a "main" Batwoman and Lucy needs to be the Superwoman.
    I'm interested in reading this Lucy Lane/Superwoman as a villain storyline. Do you know if it is available in trade paperback?
    As for a "main" Superwoman comic series, maybe Lucy will get her own DC You comic series sometime after the Supergirl TV series airs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I'm interested in reading this Lucy Lane/Superwoman as a villain storyline. Do you know if it is available in trade paperback?
    Yep. It's called "Who Is Superwoman?" I didn't really read the Supergirl book, but I bought that trade for the Jamal Igle art. It's actually a pretty decent story.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Yep. It's called "Who Is Superwoman?" I didn't really read the Supergirl book, but I bought that trade for the Jamal Igle art. It's actually a pretty decent story.
    Nice. It looks like it's out of print but not super expensive just yet. I'll have to look into buying and reading that sometime. Thanks!