Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Fighting crime is a responsibility, not a choice.

I would use superpowers legally for my personal gain, but not for justice or evil. I would use superpowers not to fight crime, and not to commit crimes but to pursue my own agenda.

But I i'd also rather be an anti-hero instead of a hero or a villain. I would try to be a hired spy and assassin killing only bad guys.

free image hosting

invia immagini

image share
    If someone is hiring you to kill another, I think the concept of only killing bad people is thrown out the window.
    Life is but a dream

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    If someone is hiring you to kill another, I think the concept of only killing bad people is thrown out the window.
    Yeah well, it just means he's easily convinced of the evil in people.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    I don't know why more characters with superpowers don't become villains. There is nothing to stop them.
    As a rule villains generally outnumber heroes.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Is that what you think of Elektra and Deathstroke?

Elektra has refused to kill innocent people. She also is opposed to killing children. When Elektra was hired to kill the leader of a cult plaguing some Southeast Asian country, she found out that he was only a child and was reluctant to kill her target. In the end, she successfully eliminated the entire cult, but allowed the child to live.

Elektra also charges a lot more for political assassinations than for revenge. Some politician tried to cheat to save a few dollars by lying to Elektra, that his motive for hiring her to assassinate the fat woman leader of a corrupt African nation was purely revenge. When she discovered his lie, she killed him.

Deathstroke at first declined to target Teen Titans. But it became personal for him after his son failed to take the Titans out and died.
    Well, if you are going to go out and only kill bad people, why do you need to be hired first?
    Life is but a dream

I kinda think they're villians.

But then again, that's how The MunchKING has been known to roll, so what can I say??

Although he tended to frame it as "Hero for hire" as apposed to "soulless mercenary".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Well, if you are going to go out and only kill bad people, why do you need to be hired first?
    Pay day of course!

BANNED

It depends on what powers I have. If I'm Superman, sure I'll help out. If I have a "canary cry" I'm not risking my ass.

BANNED

I'd fight governments and corporations.

Neither chicken nor egg. Dizzy D's Avatar

I'd have no idea where to find crime. Captain No Jaywalking to the rescue? That's the nice thing about superhero comics. All problems just boil down to finding the right guy and punching them in the face. And the right guy usually leaves a convenient trail of breadcrumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    so you would be a supervillian
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

so you would be a supervillian
    Corporations are people under American law.
    Corporations that ruin people's lives to make a profit are therefore bad people.
    When someone murders another person they go to jail. when a corporation ruins thousands of lives they get away with a pitiful fine.
    When companies endanger the human species with products they know have a negative effect on the world we all share they would face me!
    When governments sentence homosexuals to death, mass murder ethnic groups, imprison citizens for speaking their minds, suppress women, allow the exploitation of children I'd be there to change their minds!

In what way?
    Telepathy. I'd be an armchair hero while thinking the world into a better place!
    I'd be .. Synapse!
    To the rescue!

As for my answer, since I'm assuming we get to choose our powers (since none are specified) I choose super intelligence. And I work my way into the system and change it from the inside.

So yes, I choose to fight crime, by making a better society.
    We should combine forces and become a team!
    From this day forward you shall be known as .. Think Tank!
    Last edited by pro; 06-03-2014 at 04:50 AM.

So would you guys consider the "fictional" legendary Robin Hood who stole from rich and gave to the poor a villain or a hero? Or an anti hero? Chaotic good at it's purest I suppose, but might go against lawful good.

BANNED

If you had superpowers, using them against petty street criminals would be pretty counterproductive, especially since things are never quite so black and white in the real world and excessive punishment for small time offenses leads to the kind of urban despair that drives people to crime in the first place. Someone like Batman would in real life almost certainly be part of the problem, not the solution.

And if there are superpowered villains around, I suppose it is to some degree your obligation to fight them. But at the same time most of the time these villains are mostly motivated by revenge against heroes in the first place, meaning that simply by existing you are making everyone you interact with a potential target when they would have been perfectly safe without you for the most part. In that case it might just be best to hang up the cape and tights and live a normal life, let the villains brood about the true purpose of their existence or whatever for once.

BANNED

Elektra has refused to kill innocent people. She also is opposed to killing children. When Elektra was hired to kill the leader of a cult plaguing some Southeast Asian country, she found out that he was only a child and was reluctant to kill her target. In the end, she successfully eliminated the entire cult, but allowed the child to live.

Elektra also charges a lot more for political assassinations than for revenge. Some politician tried to cheat to save a few dollars by lying to Elektra, that his motive for hiring her to assassinate the fat woman leader of a corrupt African nation was purely revenge. When she discovered his lie, she killed him.

Deathstroke at first declined to target Teen Titans. But it became personal for him after his son failed to take the Titans out and died.
    so wait, is this supposed to counter MikeP's post or support it?

does your superpower also include a lie detector? the ability, the money, and the resources to investigate and find out the truth about your employers and the ones they want dead? include the power to be judge, jury and executioner and never make a mistake?

killer anti-heroes are sometimes great for fiction, in real life, not so much

BANNED

Not all the time.

I would use superpowers for my own benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    I'd have no idea where to find crime. Captain No Jaywalking to the rescue? That's the nice thing about superhero comics. All problems just boil down to finding the right guy and punching them in the face. And the right guy usually leaves a convenient trail of breadcrumbs.
    Works that way in video games too! Best part about being an RPG Hero, probably.