Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Am I wrong about Ant-Man?

I watched the film last month but I recall being disappointed from it. It bored me and I remember slating it. All this despite being a huge Scott Lang fan!

So was I wrong about the film? I always have this after watching a film, I either love it or hate it and proclaim it to be the best film in the world (aha). In retrospect I'm not sure if I did hate Ant-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I watched the film last month but I recall being disappointed from it. It bored me and I remember slating it. All this despite being a huge Scott Lang fan!

So was I wrong about the film? I always have this after watching a film, I either love it or hate it and proclaim it to be the best film in the world (aha). In retrospect I'm not sure if I did hate Ant-Man.
    If that's your opinion, there's no right or wrong about it. Do a lot of people have a much different opinion? Yes. Personally I loved ANT-MAN. I thought it was one of the best Marvel movies to date. I'd put it up there with WINTER SOLDIER, GUARDIANS and the first IRON MAN. But there's no right or wrong when it comes to how you felt about something.

So, you're asking people to tell you what to think?

A dangerous move my friend, very dangerous.

People like different things.

Lots of people have a passionate hatred about Thor: The Dark World and I personally love it for example
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Try watching it again. I've seen movies I liked the first time and hated them the second (I've got to stop that). Maybe the opposite could happen to you?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I'll agree with you as well. I was disappointed with the Ant-Man film, which was surprising since I'm digging the current series. It shocked me to hear how my non-comic book friends liked the film more so than I did.

To be fair, the relationship Scott had with his daughter gave the film heart. But still, the pacing seemed fast, the dialogue wasn't snappy or that funny (which REALLY surprised me considering Paul Rudd was in this), and certain scenes (like Scott training with Hank) seemed a little far fetched.

I was going to do what Prince suggested and watch it a second time, but unfortunately, never got around to do it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Boisterously Confused

I came into Ant-Man with very low expectations and walked out with a pleasant surprise. I wonder if the opposite happened to you?

I liked it. Having said that, I thought the plot was a little too structurally similar to the first Iron Man film, particularly the ending (hero has battle with an evil, more powerful duplicate of himself while fighting to save someone he cares about).

I liked it, but I didn't really have strong feelings either way about Scott Lang.

So was I wrong about the film?
    How the hell are we suppose to know if you "really" liked it or not?!?

iMan 42s

Your not wrong for having an opinion and if you aren't sure about how you feel about it then a second viewing might help.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spideyparker75

What bothers me most about Ant-Man is that most ants are female lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    What bothers me most about Ant-Man is that most ants are female lol.
    Does that mean the sequel should be called "Ant-Ma'am"?

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had no clue about ants. It was just something that was said on some review show lol

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But...the name doesn't refer to the ants. It refers to the man. To Scott Lang.

At worst, the only implication is that "Antony" should've gotten a different name. And I wouldn't fault Lang for not knowing the gender of his ant steed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Try watching it again. I've seen movies I liked the first time and hated them the second (I've got to stop that). Maybe the opposite could happen to you?
    The opposite happens to me sometimes. I didn't care much for Thor: The Dark World the first time I saw it, but the second time I absolutely loved it. I think it was the confusion about what Loki parts were real and what was illusory. I liked it more when I knew what was happening lol.