Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Typical Bendis. I'm going to write a Guardians book without the Guardians.
    I'll pass.

I actually really like what Bendis said about having the opportunity in comics to have interactions with characters who will never interact in the movies. I just feel it should make sense and not basically be mish mashing your personal faves wherever you want though.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    I don't understand why Bendis is writing Guardians of the Galaxy if he apparently has no desire to write cosmic characters. All he wants to do is apparently write about his favorite Earth-based characters, but in space. And they'll never interact with the Shi'ar or the Kree or the Brood or any other Galactic civilization besides the Spartax because Reasons.
    Bendis is a big name, so he gets the most attention, his name draws in big artists too. It's been said over and over that space is not in his wheelhouse, but people still buy it. There are better space books out there, folk just have to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Isn't she in Contest of Champions?
    Shes on the cover but not nessesarily in the book as the interview didnt even mention her. That cover is more a showcase of characters who could appear as champions. First issue has British Punisher.

Gamora is set to appear in her own ongoing sonetime soon.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I don't understand why Bendis is writing Guardians of the Galaxy if he apparently has no desire to write cosmic characters. All he wants to do is apparently write about his favorite Earth-based characters, but in space. And they'll never interact with the Shi'ar or the Kree or the Brood or any other Galactic civilization besides the Spartax because Reasons.
    They will interact with the Badoon, the Kree and the Chitauri as well as the Spartax.

Great interview. Can't wait for the book to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Kitty as the only female and not even getting to keep her own codename is bad. I hope Gamora returns soon (she seems to be apperaing in Contest of Champions) and Mantis becomes a regular member again. Or Moondragon.
    There are so many cool cosmic females it's a real shame Marvel keeps focusing on the same bruiser-type males.
    Aside from BV, when was the last time someone used her codename. At this point she had lost it completely. Also, Gamora was confirmed to be appearing on this book as well, just not as a Guardian.

Astonishing Member

And they'll never interact with the Shi'ar or the Kree or the Brood or any other Galactic civilization besides the Spartax because Reasons.
    Actually, they have already interacted with the Shi'ar, the Badoon and the Brood at least in Bendis' run. So I don't think that complaint is accurate or fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Typical Bendis. I'm going to write a Guardians book without the Guardians.
    Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Drax are all Guardians, and they are all still in the team--so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Gamora and Peter Quill may not be on the active roster right this second, but that doesn't mean they aren't still in the book.

I get that people have concerns about more Earth-based characters joining the mix, but could we tone down the exaggerations a bit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    What's with Bendis and using Kitty Pryde and Ben Grimm in places where they don't essentially fit? He added Pryde as a regular to Ultimate Spider-man and added Grimm to New Avengers. Now he's adding both to GotG?
    I found Kitty to be an inspired choice for Ultimate Spidey. I think the two characters had tremendous chemistry. Ben has hung with the Avengers before. Had a brief run with the West Coast team.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I've enjoyed Bendis' Guardians so far. This new line-up is good, not great by what we've seen so far, but I'm willing to see where he goes with this. Bendis always finds a way to add new characters, unexpected characters, and I'm sure Gamora and Quill will find their way into this new chapter as well. I really like the idea that Rocket is leading this group, it's an unexpected role for him, but he excels at being badass.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banonsroar View Post
    God, Bendis...

Why not get rid of Rocket, Groot, and Drax? This way we can have Iron Man, Hulk, and Spider-Man. In fact, why not just do an Avengers in space series?

I miss the old handling of these cosmic characters where we'd get to see new additions to the team like Bug and Mantis. BMB has too much of an agenda with the mainstream Marvel characters. I miss the fun offbeat space opera that came from the Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning run.
    Nuff Said!

All-New Member

The movie was fun and entertaining.
    so Bendis wont be giving us any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightExcalibre View Post
    Uh yeah, you have always had the ability to put Thing and Shadowcat in your CARTOONS, do you mean Dis-Marvel editorial DIDN'T want you to?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...-Thing-Top.png
    Um, he said 'something they're not going to get in the movies or the TV shows' not 'something that is impossible in the movies or the TV shows'.

I've really enjoyed Bendis' run on Guardians of the Galaxy. He's really brought fresh life to the series in wake of the movie. And I'm all for Kitty Pryde taking over Starlord's role for a while. We've had Jane Foster take over Thor's role. We'll have X-23 take over Wolverine's role. Why not have Kitty take over Starlord's role for a while? Starlord will still be alive. I think his new role as the leader of Spartax is best addressed in another series. I think that's been one of the best things to come out of Bendis' run to date. Not sure how Ben Grimm will fit into the mix, but if he can make Venom work, why not him?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

More excited for Legendary Star-Lord considering the status quo for that book before Secret Wars ruined everyone's pull list. But this is the only book where I can get Kitty Pryde, Ben Grimm and Venom Flash so I'll be picking it up anyway.

Also I don't care about Gamora; I want Angela. She's probably like Thor during his early Avengers run; only showing up when they need a Deus Ex Machina.

And the torture continues...

Peace