Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I recommend finding the original Robocop vs. Terminator comic mini-series. I thought it was pretty darn brilliant. Might not have aged well, but I liked how they handled the story and the time travel shenanigans.

Also, Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator was pretty wacky.
    I noticed in every Terminator vs Robocop debate, people often reference the "Terminator vs Robocop" comics as proof that Robocop > Terminator, even though it's often just said for lulz rather than for serious arguments.

speaking of aliens vs predator, I've seen every one of those films (including AvP) earlier this year and I must say that I've been obsessed with both film series and think Predator is more badass than Termie.

True. Unlike the T-1000, the T-3000 seemed to have far greater control of his form, able to do some ridiculous power moves, and tank through shit that would stagger the T-1000. Still, it'd be an interesting fight to see, as it would still take more effort to keep the T-1000 down.
    The way I see it, the T-3000 is like a prodigy child of the Robert Patrick T-1000 and the Kristanna Loken T-X. He's like the strongest Terminator villain to date, other than the T-5000 in Genisys and the T-Million from the 3-D ride at Universal Studios.

Ah, thanks, but I don't really use the "friends" thing anymore. CBR isn't facebook, and I don't really like using the mock-facebook features.
    The reason I sent you a "friend request" to be able to talk to you via visitor messages instead using up space from my private message inbox.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    I noticed in every Terminator vs Robocop debate, people often reference the "Terminator vs Robocop" comics as proof that Robocop > Terminator, even though it's often just said for lulz rather than for serious arguments.
    I don't really care about the debate, it's just a good comic.

speaking of aliens vs predator, I've seen every one of those films (including AvP) earlier this year and I must say that I've been obsessed with both film series and think Predator is more badass than Termie.
    A Pred gets his ass whooped by a Term in the comic. Takes him by surprise, though, so make of that what you will.

The way I see it, the T-3000 is like a prodigy child of the Robert Patrick T-1000 and the Kristanna Loken T-X. He's like the strongest Terminator villain to date, other than the T-5000 in Genisys and the T-Million from the 3-D ride at Universal Studios.
    Sure.

The reason I sent you a "friend request" to be able to talk to you via visitor messages instead using up space from my private message inbox.
    I don't like the visitor message system. If you want to save your PM conversations, you can always copy paste them onto documents on your PC.

BANNED

A Pred gets his ass whooped by a Term in the comic. Takes him by surprise, though, so make of that what you will.
    or I can say that I heard a Pred sliced off a Term with his flying spike disc, sooooooo....

besides, regardless of who beats who, how does that detract from Pred's badassery compared to the Term or being a more interesting and arguably more mysterious character?

I don't like the visitor message system. If you want to save your PM conversations, you can always copy paste them onto documents on your PC.
    and the one thing I sometimes hate about this thread is how they only limited our pm inbox space to only 100 messages (sent included). :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    or I can say that I heard a Pred sliced off a Term with his flying spike disc, sooooooo....
    Yeah. That also could happen.

besides, regardless of who beats who, how does that detract from Pred's badassery compared to the Term or being a more interesting and arguably more mysterious character?
    I didn't say it did. It was just a cool scene is all. Pred strides up to an unarmed dude, thinking he's not a threat, dude armbars Pred to the ground. Pred, surprised, goes for a face slash. Dude's head rocks back, then when he turns back, you see the metallic skull under his face, and you're like, "Aw, shit son, it's on now." And then Ripley-8 was there and there was the Quickening, and I think some meth was involved, and... huh... where was I going with this?

and the one thing I sometimes hate about this thread is how they only limited our pm inbox space to only 100 messages (sent included). :/
    Yeah, it's kind of a pain, butt what can you do, eh?

BANNED

sorry for not replying earlier, i'm just about get off work as we speak.

I didn't say it did. It was just a cool scene is all. Pred strides up to an unarmed dude, thinking he's not a threat, dude armbars Pred to the ground. Pred, surprised, goes for a face slash. Dude's head rocks back, then when he turns back, you see the metallic skull under his face, and you're like, "Aw, shit son, it's on now." And then Ripley-8 was there and there was the Quickening, and I think some meth was involved, and... huh... where was I going with this?
    Where I could find scans for this comic lol?

Yeah, it's kind of a pain, butt what can you do, eh?
    Maybe give me some other site for me to contact you on lol.

BANNED

Uhh, I don't think they were built wit..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Uhh, I don't think they were built wit..
    Liquid metal, they can improvise something...

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Wasnt there a scene where he threw a part of himself like a javelin? T2 T-1000 never did that.. Inconsistent, they should have called it a T-1001 or something
    It's not really that inconsistent, it's just the T2 version never did it, it did however display it could lose pieces of itself and those pieces could remain in their shape hardened(see when he was hanging on the back of their car with hook hands), so it's not a stretch to think it could use pieces of itself as thrown weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It's not really that inconsistent, it's just the T2 version never did it, it did however display it could lose pieces of itself and those pieces could remain in their shape hardened(see when he was hanging on the back of their car with hook hands), so it's not a stretch to think it could use pieces of itself as thrown weapons.

Then it's at the very least PIS for the original T-1000, cause it would have been very handy in some situations to use that abillity.

He displayed that it could lose pieces(involuntarily, by being shot at) and control them to liquify and return to his mass. while abit similiar, its not exactly the same as molding javelins from your body and throwing them.

He also showed he can shapeshift his arms (for stabbing) and flattening himself to be the floor. but if this T-1000 would have scenes where he turns into a metal version of Mr. Fantastic i would find it inconsistent as well.

the new writers just thought it would be cool.

And i suppose i rather talk bad about the current movie then the classic T2.

All-New Member

Stalemate. They're both the same model. It is essentially seing if an Ipad Air can outperform and Ipad Air.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Then it's at the very least PIS for the original T-1000, cause it would have been very handy in some situations to use that abillity.

He displayed that it could lose pieces(involuntarily, by being shot at) and control them to liquify and return to his mass. while abit similiar, its not exactly the same as molding javelins from your body and throwing them.

He also showed he can shapeshift his arms (for stabbing) and flattening himself to be the floor. but if this T-1000 would have scenes where he turns into a metal version of Mr. Fantastic i would find it inconsistent as well.

the new writers just thought it would be cool.

And i suppose i rather talk bad about the current movie then the classic T2.
    PIS, limitations on 90s cgi, whichever,but yeah we never saw or heard about any physical limitation that would have prevented it. Now a Mr Fantastic situation oth would have been as the T800 stated it was limited to its normal size and couldn't get especially bigger or smaller.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-24-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Well, wasn't the T2 version a prototype? Maybe the Genisys version was a later model that learned a few more tricks.

Even still, I don't see how either is really putting the other down, unless the fight takes place in a setting where they can utilize their weaknesses against each other. But even then, there's little telling who would come out on top.

I'm fairly certain that it was intended to be the same one in T2, that the events were meant to mirror the first two movies, can anyone who saw the movie confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'm fairly certain that it was intended to be the same one in T2, that the events were meant to mirror the first two movies, can anyone who saw the movie confirm that?
    I don't think it was ever mentioned as being the same one. Pretty sure every Terminator sent back has been a separate unit. But I don't think it makes much difference.

Incredible Member

Errr, probably not the same one. But Genisys T-1000's been active for much longer, hence why it picked up those new tricks.