Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm surprised the complaints about "Dick is a sex object" didn't continue. Lot's of talk about how sexy Dick is here. It is very Bond, but it seems to be working. I think it's easy to get too cheesy with a spy story and these guys are pushing those limits sometimes but so far I'm still enjoying it. Of course it's been a long time since someone wrote a version of Lex I didn't enjoy (yes even Lobdell).
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ah I reread this tonight and wasn't too impressed with it. Which means, in GRAYSON terms, it's still better than most stuff- just a weak issue. Wasn't big on Lex, here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Great minds, . For a while after Nightwing 30, it looked like they were going more for Lohengrin, the tragic Robin Knight, so to speak. That's more in line with King's natural inclinations, but luckily they pulled back very quickly from that particular model.
    Dick Grayson just doesn't fit right with "tragic." He rolls with the punches, makes lemonades out lemons, and takes JOY in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    The most common reaction to Grayson was that people hated the premise, but then were surprised by how good it is.
    I was one of 'em. But credit where credit is due. Still his canon meshing with the current Batverse has a lot to be desired.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    This book truly is one of the best books in the industry. Can't wait for this issue.
    Yes it is I have been so impressed by this book.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    I was one of 'em. But credit where credit is due. Still his canon meshing with the current Batverse has a lot to be desired.
    I was certainly one of the ones who it felt like this book was tailor-made for. But I'm still finding things just in the premise.

For instance last night I was realizing that essentially by working for Spyral, being a spy, they essentially just gave Dick a day job that allows him to super-hero all day. It really, really solves the problem that Dick has had all along - which is trying to give him a civilian job half as interesting as his superhero relationships.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Yeah off all Super-Hero's I think he works best as a full time Super-Hero/Spy. To me his oath to Batman and his mission is the most important thing to him. He's been a Lawyer, Ambassador, Journalist, Museum curator, Cop, Bartender, and circus owner and none off those really add to his character like Bruce Wayne and Wayne Enterprises or Superman and being a reporter.

I think there was a reasonable concern that DC would try to turn Dick into Winter Soldier (who's a great character, but doesn't fit Dick). But that was before we really saw Tim Seeley's fun pitch, or learned how much of a Robin nerd Tom King was.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    The most common reaction to Grayson was that people hated the premise, but then were surprised by how good it is.
    I was definitely one of those. I never anticipated how fun this book would be or the new lease on life it would give to Dick Grayson. It feels like he can really carve out his own place in the DC Universe without any back-up from the usual suspects.