Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

But MJ isn't any of those things I just described. And being that, Norah wasn't a love interest at all. It's ridiculous my off-hand joke about Norah and Peter being my OTP has threatened MJ fans so much they're trying to liken them as being peas in a pod but really, enough is enough d00ds.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Norah is just MJ's personality, Lois's (and Ultimate MJ's) profession and drive, and Gwen's hair. She is as derivative as they get, which is why I'd rather see Peter hook up with Michelle again or Anna or heck even Sajani before her.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-20-2015 at 03:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    But MJ isn't any of those things I just described. And being that, Norah wasn't a love interest at all. It's ridiculous my off-hand joke about Norah and Peter being my OTP has threatened MJ fans so much they're trying to liken them as being peas in a pod but really, enough is enough d00ds.
    Norah has flirted before, and that's enough to make her an exact duplicate of MJ! Uncanny!

But seriously, yeah, it's scary how much folks are willing to dismiss female characters because a trait seems similar to an previous character's. Like there can only be one female reporter in Spider-Man's multiverse!

Heck, I like Norah, and even I'd say those traits fit just as well with MJ...hyperactive, irreverent, and cavalier. Far from being just "plain." Though, yeah, completely different career choices.
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-20-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Norah has flirted before, and that's enough to make her an exact duplicate of MJ! Uncanny!

But seriously, yeah, it's scary how much folks are willing to dismiss female characters because a trait seems similar to an previous character's. Like there can only be one female reporter in Spider-Man's multiverse!
    The Spidey multiverse does have Betty Brant, too. (Poor Betty. Always forgotten. )

Norah was a great character, but I hadn't seen why until reading these recent posts. She was a lot like MJ. Carlie as Gwen - not so much. They haven't had a real Gwen facsimile around the franchise for quite a while, maybe not since Gwen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    That's all MJ was in the 60s.
    To be fair, that version of MJ was immediately popular.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be fair, that version of MJ was immediately popular.
    Winner of 1967 Alley Award Popularity Poll, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, I like Norah, and even I'd say those traits fit just as well with MJ...hyperactive, irreverent, and cavalier.
    I have never ever seen Mary Jane that way. Norah, like someone else said before the conversation got drifted, has zero filter. To me she's got an abundance of manic energy and while isn't wholly selfish, puts her own interests first.
    Modern MJ on the other hand I've always seen as a more thoughtful and nurturing kind of character. I really can't see any correlation between the two characters.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-21-2015 at 05:39 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I have never ever seen Mary Jane that way. Norah, like someone else said before the conversation got drifted, has zero filter. To me she's got an abundance of manic energy and while isn't wholly selfish, puts her own interests first.
    Modern MJ on the other hand I've always seen as a more thoughtful and nurturing kind of character. I really can't see any correlation between the two characters.
    Coz MJ grew up. Look up the 60's and 70's books featuring MJ again. She's exactly like that, except for being a journo.

Astonishing Member

I always thought that Norah Winters was The Betty Brant of the new millennnial...

Betty Brant isn't nearly as likely to shoot her mouth off, ever. Norah is more like Lois Lane than Betty Brant.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

I definitely see more Lois Lane than MJ, and even then I feel bad about making a comparison.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Norah is just MJ's personality, Lois's (and Ultimate MJ's) profession and drive, and Gwen's hair. She is as derivative as they get, which is why I'd rather see Peter hook up with Michelle again or Anna or heck even Sajani before her.

Dear God no.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Peter can't date the same hair color twice.