Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Peter can't date the same hair color twice.
    Exactly. He is a Equal Hair Colourist after-all.

Now that someone brings up the comparison, Norah's also a Daily Bugle staff member who ended up with a lover who was secretly the Hobgoblin, only as far as we can tell she took it far better than Betty did...

Peter can't date the same hair color twice.
    He's dated three blondes (Gwen, Deborah and Felicia).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Norah was a great character, but I hadn't seen why until reading these recent posts. She was a lot like MJ. Carlie as Gwen - not so much. They haven't had a real Gwen facsimile around the franchise for quite a while, maybe not since Gwen.
    The Gwen comparisons are very surface level. Carlie had a cop dad, a job that you could see Gwen realistically having if they hadn't killed her off, and she was presented as being "the smart girl" who was into science (how into science Gwen actually was vs. how much fans claim she was is very different but it's noted here to draw comparisons between Gwen and Carlie).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He's dated three blondes (Gwen, Deborah and Felicia).
    You forgot to add Carol Danvers and Cissy Ironwood to the list of blondes he's dated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Gwen comparisons are very surface level. Carlie had a cop dad, a job that you could see Gwen realistically having if they hadn't killed her off, and she was presented as being "the smart girl" who was into science (how into science Gwen actually was vs. how much fans claim she was is very different but it's noted here to draw comparisons between Gwen and Carlie).
    I would think that Greer Grant might be that one character who could fill the role of Carlie Cooper and Gwen Stacy put together as she's a trained Police Officer with a degree in Microbiology. In fact, I think that Greer could take Carlie's place as Crime Scene Investigator who specializes in Forensic DNA Profile. Of all the heroines out there, Greer is one of the few characters who could work very well in Spider-Man's world as not only a member of the NYPD, but also one of Peter's close friends who knows that he's Spider-Man while revealing to him that she's the crime fighting heroine called Tigra.

There are very few Police Officers who were close to Peter over the years. Greer might succeed where the others like Jean Dewolf, Captain Stacy, The Wraith, and Carlie Cooper had not done, which is accepting both the Peter Parker side and the Spider-Man side to his character equally as she could relate to him as she has been in his shoes before.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-22-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Coz MJ grew up. Look up the 60's and 70's books featuring MJ again. She's exactly like that, except for being a journo.
    Was she also a racist
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Another cool thing about Norah was that she never became Peter's girlfriend. Otherwise, it would have ended badly for both of them, no?

Indy! I haven't thought about the MTV Spider-Man series in a long time.
    And come on, who has dated Peter Parker and hasn't been hurt or put in peril?
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Indy! I haven't thought about the MTV Spider-Man series in a long time.
    And come on, who has dated Peter Parker and hasn't been hurt or put in peril?
    Forget dating. Who hasn't been close to Peter in any capacity and ended up hurt or endangered because of it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wow, I wonder what would happen if Peter Parker and Matt Murdock became a couple?
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    Wow, I wonder what would happen if Peter Parker and Matt Murdock became a couple?
    Their poor luck would cancel each other out. And lots and lots of shippers would be happy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Forget dating. Who hasn't been close to Peter in any capacity and ended up hurt or endangered because of it?
    one day in the future someone will write a story revealing that spidey is a self saboteur who subconsciously desires and sets in motion the deaths of everyone around him as a result of his deep self loathing; essentially a serial killer in denial. at the end of the title’s publication he will be revealed as the true villain of the series: the sociopathic spider-man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    one day in the future someone will write a story revealing that spidey is a self saboteur who subconsciously desires and sets in motion the deaths of everyone around him as a result of his deep self loathing; essentially a serial killer in denial. at the end of the title’s publication he will be revealed as the true villain of the series: the sociopathic spider-man.
    I'd totally read this, in-continuity or not.

I'd totally read this, in-continuity or not.
    yeah…you know what i’d be reading then? the message boards.